I really don't get how Corviknight is a gen 8 pokemon

I really don't get how Corviknight is a gen 8 pokemon.
Like, it doesn't fit with the rest of the dex at all. It's so cool-looking, it clearly doesn't follow that bullshit "its design must have at least one flaw to be good" rule, and it looks so much better than all of the goofy and poorly-proportioned garbage from Galar.

Attached: 823.png (475x475, 104.09K)

>it clearly doesn't follow that bullshit "its design must have at least one flaw to be good" rule,

That applies to ALL gens, not just Gen 8. It's been a rule since the beginning.

Looks like it can fit in with Gens 4-6

>I don't really get how gen 8 Mon is a gen 8 Mon
Op please put your phone down and pay attention to class, this shit is just embarrassing

Yeah, I didn't say that rule only applied to gen 8.

It's an Ariga design. He has some duds but most of his stuff is good.

I just checked his stuff out. Wtf he's really underrated. The alolan Geodude line are the only designs of his that are shit.

Attached: ddkjjrt-6b15ce13-9e54-4877-aefe-2c34e8fa4640.png (1016x763, 810.18K)

The curse of gen 8 is the monkey's paw that the really good looking pokemon has the most hideous pre-evo (eg. Toxel and especially Orbeetle's pre-evos).

best early bird

Attached: c.jpg (1148x696, 72.64K)

The issue is we don't know everything designed

>Aegislash
>Tyrantrum
>Vikavolt
>Alolan Muk
>Corviknight
Very based lineup.

>"its design must have at least one flaw to be good" rule
I unironically believe this "rule" is bait. Every possible competitor, even including fan artists, who try to copy this rule for character designs end up with worse characters because of it.

The problem with retards saying "durrr x y and z Pokemon don't follow the "one flaw" rule!!!" Is that you have no idea what the designer thought would balance out the design in the first place. With the two examples that Sugimori mentioned, Oshawott's freckles and Luxray's head size, those two aspects barely even registered as flaws to most people, let along fans of the designs, and when those aspects were changed it was met with people saying they looked weird without them. Maybe Corviknight's flaw is it's chest plumage's shape alluding to a beard? Maybe it's the shape of the "pauldrons"? Maybe it's the feathers on it's head? No one knows but the committee who signed off on the design at the end of the day.

Aside from Alolan Graveler/Golem these are all good

This image is outdated. He also designed all 4 Galar fossils and the Hisuian Sneasel line

Even then the "one flaw" rule is bullshit when you look at shillmons. They don't make them "flaws" in a sense that they detract from the design, they make them quirks that make the Pokemon all the more memorable.

It really does look like a gen 4 pokemon mostly

>those two aspects barely even registered as flaws to most people
Because most people are retards with shit taste who can't understand what makes a design bad.
Luxray's oversized makes it look more like a toy than a living monster.

It's probably the fake eye thing that it shares with the prevolutions.

That's not a "flaw" because it doesn't make Corviknight look any uglier, you braindead retard.

Attached: ariga.jpg (1200x1200, 464.53K)

You completely missed the point. how you feel about Luxray is irrelevant, what matters is that even your favorite Pokemon could have a "flaw" that you don't even realize was meant to be one and instead enhances its design for you.
That's completely subjective dumbass. Oshawott's freckles enhances it's cute factor and makes the face look less empty to tons of people, but that was still something Sugimori thought balanced out the design's "appeal". Whether you think something's ugly or not has no bearing on the argument at hand and show a fundamental misunderstanding of what Sugimori was even saying in the first place

Attached: ariga shiny.jpg (1200x1200, 591.45K)

Yikes, ok.
This one is garbage.

This place is filled with children who can't read and manchildren who want to fight, please be patient