Just a quick reminder, if you are younger than the series, your opinion literally doesn't matter

Just a quick reminder, if you are younger than the series, your opinion literally doesn't matter.
If your first game wasn't RBY or at least GSC, the same applies. (Gen1/2 Spinoffs are acceptable)
If you were born after 2000, you should probably leave this board (and site) immediately.

Attached: sib.png (1357x592, 366.6K)

Yeah I was born in 1995 and my first game was Pokemon Ruby on an emulator in 2005, so eat shit fag

holy fucking based

>’92
>first ever videogame is Blue
>prefer gens 3, 4, and 5
Kanto was boring and gets jerked off too much. A third of the dex is made up of shitty poison types. Much of the alleged mystique is born of retarded playground rumors, not the game’s own merits.

>97
My opinion is that the series should have ended at the DS games.
Playing XY basically made me drop it. Tried to get into USUM but I couldn't either. Not even going to touch dexit shit

>born 1993
>first game Blue
>favorite games: Black, Black 2, Pokemon Pinball: Ruby/Sapphire

SM > USUM
If you could make it off tutorial island, you would have at least enjoyed the story and characters

You still got into those "boring" games enough to be a fan of this franchise to this day

>if you aren't blinded by nostalgia growing up with something, your opinion doesn't matter

I was born the exact day the first games came out in my country and my first games were their final version and personally perfected by Tajiri himself. So yeah, I have a say

Because believe it or not, children tend to not be able to deeply discern their tastes and preferences right away, especially not when the subject in question is this hyped up nationwide phenomenon that you HAVE to get into or you'll be left in the dust as all your friends and school peers go wild with this craze.

>99
>first game was Sapphire
>still young and healthy
Suck my cock Boomer

Wait until he realizes that in a bit over a month, there will be people who were born after Emerald came out that are turning 18

>born 1994
>first game red
>favorite games: crystal, yellow, legends arceus, puzzle league
Boomies and zoomies can both eat my shit

checked

>95
>first game was Fire Red
>faves are Emerald, Black 2, and PLA

>born in 03
>first game was soulsilver
>played diamond after, then black
>last game i bought was black 2, before the downfall began
>introduced to the series with the best pokemon game ever made
>literally grew up with the peak era of pokemon
>this makes boomers seethe
feels good being a zoomchad

Attached: img-4.png (900x900, 410K)

I feel bad for anyone who missed out on Pokemania. My last game was Sapphire, didn't even bother getting Emerald or anything afterwards.

Attached: ff358c42dcb836550520eb85aedba28c.png (1078x1333, 870.72K)

And yet you're here.

as someone who's 27 and was there at the beginning, i unironically completely agree with OP. faggots who have no idea what it was like during the beginning trying to share opinions are the worst. what is always great is that people who didn't start at the beginning are ALWAYS SWSH lovers, Gamefreak bootlickers, etc. Don't have any hard evidence for this one though, but it also just seems to me that literally every pedo and pokephile here started at gen 3. you don't see this shit from people who started at the beginning.

So pretty much everything wrong with the fanbase comes from people who are younger/started after the beginning. and the cancer thinks it has a say like they've always been here.

I didn’t really truly love the series until the tail end of Gen 2, and Gen 3 was the first time I experienced real pinemon hype. Gen 4 was the first time I became invested in leaks, a la corocoro. That isn’t to say I didn’t get mileage out of Gen 1, I traded and battled with all of my friends on the playground same as anyone, but I’m not consumed by nostalgia for it like some of you anons are. Maybe kid me saw Pokemania for what it was after all. But ultimately you’re right, in the end I still became a life long fan. Pokemon’s premise is unbelievably strong from a conceptual standpoint, but unfortunately we will never get the Pokemon game of our collective dreams due to the series being too big to fail thanks to braindead normalfags and Gamefreak’s laziness.

OP, your opinion is shit, and therefore i don't care about it
you aren't right and will never be and you'll never convince me

Born in '01, started with the peak of the series Heart Gold. Series golden age was gens 3 through 5, starting specifically with Colosseum, and ending once XY released.
Now seethe.