This is the result of my job search. I have 7 years of experience as an SWE in the US...

This is the result of my job search. I have 7 years of experience as an SWE in the US. How the fuck are people getting $200k jobs straight out of college? Fuck programming.

Attached: 97158B72-A68A-4E0C-8EE8-9CABD4102F2C.jpg (800x602, 48.22K)

>I have 7 years of experience as an SWE in the US
doubt faggot. I have hardly any experience and am reached out to by recruiters all day long.

I have a €42k programming job after 15 years experience and a master's degree. Fuck Europe. Did you send spontaneous resumes or answer offers?

what program do you use to make this visualization

You must really suck at swe or be the most autistic sperg in the universe because everyone I know who does swe strolled into the 200k club when they were in their mid 20s

I'm going to guess you sit on glassdoor and "easy apply" all day to bullshit jobs.

I straight up don’t believe you

T gets a recruiter or two reaching out per week, work in product, 4 years experience

(You)

And here I am making over 100k/yr with my "shitty" art degree. Look into entry level jobs or ones that require less experience and are easy for you to do - then look into OE. Or start looking into real estate or self employment

retard i just got a job off for 5 lahk/year writing javascript and all i did was go to a google code bootcamp

Do you have a security clearance? If so, create an account on clearancejobs and enjoy the endless stream of job offers you receive. I've been job searching since June, and have no problem receiving offers. Primary problem is I have very specific geographic requirements. I had two interviews with different teams for a military contractor in Melbourne, FL and received job offers for both. I work as an electronics test engineer. I have a feeling you're either bad at interviewing, bad at applying for positions you're qualified for, or this is elaborate bait. There's also the possibility that the market conditions are making companies averse to hiring (not so much a problem in defense industry), or your resume is awful.

I would revise your current strategy and reconsider. I actually know firsthand of a group in the DoD that is hiring people left and right indiscriminately (CS and all engineering roles) before a major hiring freeze, they have locations in Georgia, Ohio, Oklahoma and Utah. Look up the 402d engineering division of the DoD if interested, I have contacts there and work with their program office on various projects.

With all that being said, you're doing a really bad job at finding positions that would be a good fit for you. It's difficult these days, and I can't speak to whatever industry you're a part of, but if what you said in the OP is true you should have no problem getting a job. Perhaps try 20-30 more targeted applications a week while focusing on your current job, and eventually something will find you. Company websites are also more useful for listings, websites like LinkedIn and Indeed are oversaturated with other applicants, and not all jobs are posted there. If not bait, good luck user.

>I had two interviews
this past week* for reference
have also received offers that I rejected for Boeing (not living in St. Louis), GM (not living in Atlanta), and American Express (wasn't interested in the role, although I'm not totally opposed to Miami). Job searches suck but you're focusing too much on quantity versus quality.

I’m not eligible for a clearance

Fucking terrorist scum you will never be allowed to make it.

Don't tell me, you actually believed the larping faggots on Any Forums who say it's easy to find a job in this field?

Full disclosure I did this and am now realizing the sheer scale of my fuck up and will have to probably work minimum wage despite having a math degree from a good school just to make insurance payments

This is about the same hit rate I get. 1 response out of ~600 apps. It didn't matter if I tailored the resumê or even upped the bullshit level to max, lying about experience. These days I am on unemployment which has job applying as a requirement so I'm happy to get no response.

If this isn’t a bot post, what did you use to make that figure? Is there a name for that type of plot? Like ribbon graph or something

>How the fuck are people getting $200k jobs straight out of college?
lol they're not you get 200k with exp dumbass

>7 year experience
>still applying for jobs
Use your professional network, dummy.

it's called a Sankey Diagram