Fixing recharge moves

>Power Herb can now be consumed to skip the recharge turn of moves like Hyper Beam, Roar of Time etc...
Would this be based, broken or both?

Attached: 128.png (1420x1040, 91.27K)

It would basically be a z move at that point.

Based

It should be fine. It's a single-use item, after all.

the problem with that is that it takes your item slot that you could've used to boost your attack anyway.
and while the closest comparison is z-moves, those don't miss and also don't cost an move slot.
like, sure you can pull off a giga impact in one turn, or you could have used life orb double-edge and done more damage without wasting a move and item slot.

Would be busted on something like the Porygon line since they get Recycle

Power Herb should just be reusable anyway, it's stupid it isn't
>b-b-but geoman-
Who the fuck cares about muh balance, or if you really did care just have it not work with that one particular move

They don't need fixing. Play the game.

I'm surprised they never just made an ability that skips recharge turns and another that allows for two-turns moves to be used instantly.

They're absolute dogshit

The lore depicts them as the greatest moves ever, but they're unviable

I didn't realize it didn't already do this. It seems like a no-brainer.

barely better than having to recharge

This, I’m surprised to hear it doesn’t considering the moves would still be pretty shit even with this buff

Play the game.

That's fine, they took away Z-Conversion from it after all

Then its almost the same as recharging lmao

It could be useful for starter pokemon

True except you’d be able to pick when you’d recharge and only have to plan for a single turn of vulnerability, in the meantime you could set something up before you Recycle or just use a second HB to finish whatever you’re fucking with

Who needs Power Gem when there's Meteor Beam spam?

Moves that require a turn to recharge suck even for playthroughs and Refrigerate, Pixilate, Aerilate, or Liquid Voice

Attached: 39223876_p0.jpg (827x1169, 92.7K)

That would be very fucking strong.
Like, imagine free Meteor Beams but also you have Life Orb as an item or some shit??

The closest comparison is gen 5 Gems.
Flamethrower is 95 BP, Blast Burn 150, about a 50% power buff.
Except then you don't have Flamethrower afterwards.

Unlike Gems, they're limited to either Normal type moves (Pretty much useless, Fake Out and Explosion were pretty much the only Normal Gem moves), or very limited distribution, being mostly Starters or a few legendaries. And Rypherior, I fucking guess.
It would be a powerful option, but the limits on it would be about as restrictive as Power Herb usually is, outside of Xerneas.
Typhlosion probably stands to gain the most, because its movepool is so atrocious that running Blast Burn and Flamethrower on the same set isn't even horrible.
Might have a niche on Delphox to get Magician to work, or maybe on Infernape for Acrobatics.
But... Fire Types have White Herb/Eject Pack + Overheat, and Overheat is much better after you've blown your load, so it's also less useful to Fire types.

Might have a niche on more support/spin Blastoise sets? Hydro Cannon to burst something down, that might be able to set up on it?
Dialga might (or might not) be the best user, since Ubers tends to be pretty sensitive to single matchup reversals, but it's also pretty solidly overshadowed by Life Orb Draco Meteor in raw power. But, it's exactly the sort of thing that could matter in Ubers. Same for Prismatic Laser.

Grass is ass, so Frenzy Plant is pretty much pointless, and Leaf Storm exists.
Rypherior... is so shit that being able to pop a 150 BP move and not give free setup after might be okay.
Sure would be a shame if a 150 BP Rock move that didn't need this ridiculous of a setup existed.

I... honestly forget if there are other Hyper Beam clones.

New item: Rose-tinted Glasses
>When equipped by a Pokemon originating in Kanto, reverts the user to Generation 1 mechanics (Blizzard 90% accurate, Hyper Beam recharge on KO, Speed = Crit, Special instead of SpA and SpD, etc)

Attached: latest[1].png (300x213, 6.99K)

If Rhyperior is "shit", then just delete the recharge turn of Rock Wrecker wouldn't be problematic.

>Special instead of SpA and SpD
how would you even do that
do you go like, whichever is the highest is now both? (Snorlax gets 110 SPC because of Gen 2's buff??)
and that also mean Nasty Plot/Amnesia would become Gen 1 Amnesia?
that sounds really dumb but I love it

How about
>Overclock
>Allows a Pokemon to skip a turn of recharge at the cost of 1/3rd of its health
Give it to Dialga, Electivire, Magmortar, Electrode, Orbeetle, Heliolisk, Clawitzer, Haxorus, Beheeyem, Typhlosion, and Zebstrika.