Loses twice

>loses twice
>leaves

Why do the writers hate Lance?

Attached: 52F305D0-3E9E-4F69-9D16-098569372C1E.jpg (1904x1284, 172.47K)

Boomer character.

He's too old to appeal to nu-fans, he can't cash in on GenWun or Privilege because his most prominent role was in Gen 2 (the only generation TPC hates), and he doesn't have coomer appeal like Diantha.
He was DOA before the tourney even began. He literally only exists toto make the characters TPC cares about look better.

eh, could be worse if you're a Lancefag. He could've been the one getting swept by Leon.

Every character in this series is chuuni as fuck and somehow Lance is still the most chuuni even after 20 years.

Because he sucks.

im actually surprised they do considering he's the KANTOOOOOOOOOOO champion

Not really. Red is the one people see as the champion. Lance is a false boss.

>loses twice
>leaves

Why do the writers hate Iris?

At least he gets a lot of respect in Masters, for whatever thats worth

Attached: Screenshot_20210525-031204_Pokmon Masters EX.jpg (1080x2400, 867.69K)

Iris lost and stayed to watch Ash’s battle, cheer him on, and then have a curry party with him and his friends. Lance got dabbed on and straight up left the stadium, never to be seen again.

He actually didn’t become a champion in the anime until this series. He became the Kanto and Johto champion and still lost.

I forgot the Pokemon G Men were a thing until they reminded me.

>jobs to Blue
>jobs to Red
>people constantly make fun of his three Dragonites
>people constantly make fun of his mono-Flying team
>Steven and Cynthia are more popular
>coomers like Iris more as a dragonfag
>jobs to Leon
>jobs to Diantha
If people had to choose one champion to be a designated jobber, most would pick Lance. Lance is a joke at this point unfortunately.
Lance...had a hard life.

Attached: 1657337722236.jpg (1904x1080, 379.81K)

>come back for the sole purpose of losing against other Champions

Kek what the fuck

Lance already put Leon over. He basically served his purpose to the fullest there. Other than putting over Ash too, there was nothing left for him after he's lost to the bestest champion.

Iris was also fucked being fed to Ash so early. They could have had their match here, same with Lance and Leon. Steven and Alain could go at it again and the two babes could fight. Or something else like that. Only Diantha benefits fighting Lance or Leon, though I guess she needs the rub.

I do think Lance was originally slated to be Ash's first opponent, but they changed their minds at some point.

Even more chuuni than Claire?

That was never going to happen. The plan was to have Ash battle the Top 3 trainers. Lance is #4 but lost to #5. Clearly he wasn’t worthy of Ash’s time.

Yeah....they changed it. Lance was in all the M8 montages and Ash faced every single one of them besides Lance.

This is the only thing that makes sense otherwise there is absolutely no reason for lance to be there at all.

Because they were hyping up the masters 8. There was never any plans for ash to battle Lance. Even in the VA interview they focused on Lance maybe having a rematch with Leon.

user, they literally had a poster of Ash's Dracovish vs Lance's Red Gyarados. Hell, the fact that both Ash and Leon wanted to face Leon again gives more credence that they were set to clash. They switched it and I think it was because some time during production they realized Ash already faced two dragon trainers.

He gets upstaged in both games where he's a major character, so most people don't mentally compartmentalize him as a big deal in Kanto or Johto
In RBY Blue is revealed to be the real final boss, then in GS the entire Kanto region unlocks after him and the true final boss is generally considered to be Red