Coromon

>coromon
>nexomon
>buddymon
>digimon
Why are such blatant Pokemon rip-offs allowed? And why are they more common now than ever before?

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 126.21K)

>The digimon ripped off pokemon meme again

You're very funny and witty, user. We are all regaled by your endless repertoire of epic Any Forums memes.

Popular thing makes money, why the hell wouldn't they allow it? It's not like Pokémon has trademarked the monster hunting game formula.

>And why are they more common now than ever before?
Because there are a lot of unhappy Pokemon fans that shitty devs can take advantage of and sell low effort games to. Lots of losers lives revolve around "sticking it" to brands they once liked by buying low quality garbage clones and pretending people will care.

I like to see them all failing, although the reality behind them is that these subhuman faggots make money on the ideas of someone else.
These ripoffs scream pokeautism autism especially when pokeautists praise them as "iT iS bEtTrER THan tHr OriIgiNal, FuCk GaemFaraKr!!!!11"
Temtem was a piece of faggot trash and no, Pokemon prism wasn't a good game, it was absolute garbage and I disinstalled it after 1 hour of trial.
The only non-ripoff and Pokemon-like allowed to exist is Yokai watch, and maybe I can tolerate digimon. But they all struggle in front of the great minds at Gamefreak

>Ripoffs, why should these be allowed?
Kill yourself op TPC doesn't have rights over the creature collector genre plus you're a fag

yokai watch sucks. the towns in the games are fun but the yokais are all recolors and ugly ones at that. the few cute ones are useless healers, aside from waifus which may as well just be human characters and dont count towards the "creature" design rating. i made it through the first season(?) of the anime but dropped it a few eps into the introduction of the female protag/space bunny, i just realized i wasnt enjoying it at all.

the majority of digimon dont appeal to my taste in design either but at least they look like monsters and its fun to play. i love evo trees being available to virtually any digimon.

i dont consider them ripoffs just giving my opinion. the indie ripoffs i wish did better because i like playing monster games in general, but either the graphics end up being shit or the designs do. its always either failure to be super edgy and outperform pokemon, or tumblr users making uwu softcore games that look like garbage (more often the player character than the creatures, but it affects my interest the same way)

solar light and lunar dark has been my favorite pokemon "ripoff" so far. the only one i liked, if it counts

Pokemon is an SMT ripoff

>my shitty persona spin off is relevant guys I swear!

You wish.

Pokemon, like every JRPG from the 90s is a DQ3 ripoff.

>DQ3
You mean DQ5 cause that had monster taming

It's easier to make a game nowadays than it was ever before (that isn't to say that it isn't still difficult, of course). Also this If devs or companies want to try and make a monster collecting game, why not let them? Do you hate having more monster taming/collecting content aside from pokemon?

Attached: 15525155_p0.jpg (1367x1013, 568.51K)

Digimon is closer to a virtual pet than a monster collector. Look at the gameplay of Digimon World for example.

This is a thinly veiled troll thread trying to get a rise out of digimon fans.

>And why are they more common now than ever before?
Cause you bought it anyway, and people are starved for content

>I disinstalled it after 1 hour of trial.
ESL or retarded. Roms are not installed. Although yeah prism wasn't that good.

blood in the water

The thing with Yokai Watch is that it has a defined lore, it's the only one that managed to catch the spirit of pokemon and, like pokemon, giving it a defined lore that isn't too complex or random, it's still down to earth and includes all creatures. If in pokemon that's involution/evolution, in Yokai it's the Yokais, it's ghosts, so even strange designs have an appeal for that. The concept of the creatures is really cool, and honestly their designs are really appealing to me. Still definitely less than pokemon, I don't go crazy with some of the characters staying there in the games a là Ash and Pikachu, and the recolors are too many, but I deem them valid. Like Pokemon, it takes inspirations from existing myths and figures and delivers a cool design with them, and the overall lore is cool.
The anime is also definitely better than the Ashnime. I already liked Level 5, so it doesn't surprise me that they are the only ones who would manage a Pokemon-like done right

Digimon is more like SMT with more emphasis on the monsters and raising them.

this was a very level headed defense of something you like, im sorry i said it sucks rather than my opinion of it was not a positive one. its still just not for me, but im glad you like it. i wish i couldve enjoyed it as much as you do

>The digimon ripped off pokemon meme again
It fucking did though? Dumbass zoomer.

Fess up or get the faggotry beat out of you; you played these and they turned out better then modern Pokemon.

Attached: 1304376955947.png (500x375, 298.95K)

pokeshit ripped Dragon Quest off but here you are, a meme zoomer Americunt faggot trying too hard to fit in.

and yes, DQ allows you to catch monsters too
you Nintendo didn't invent everything like how Jewtubers lied to you

Attached: Draqon Quest.jpg (474x647, 57.24K)

they started as tamagotchis. no relation to pokemon, you just grew up thinking that because two same monster series = one must be a ripoff!

I played Nexomon Extinction and it was pretty fucking bad. The wisecracking fourth wall breaking cat sidekick drove me insane.

Pocket Monsters is a rip off of Monsters in your Pocket

Attached: disgruntled.jpg (250x250, 6.93K)