Pokemon that legitimately look like Digimon

People here love calling any pokemon design they don't like a digimon, but there are some pokemon that genuinely look like digimon. Post them.

Attached: fumtyulwaaikzfoQn9y3_display.jpg (662x375, 79.37K)

Why would people compliment a design if they don't like it?

Can you provide any form of scale of what is a digimon vs what is a pokemon?

Maybe if you could provide a digimon that could pass for pokemon?

I remember when Gen IV was new, a lot of the newer designs that were evolutions to old Pokémon looked off to me. Some of them grew on me over time, but then you have stuff like pic related.

Attached: 467.png (250x250, 59.98K)

Milcery looks exactly like a baby Digimon.

Attached: 868.png (475x475, 61.77K)

I think several rookie or in-training digimon could pass for pokemon, meanwhile champion level or above digimon have a more distinct design philosophy. Even then, I think digimon that aren’t literal humans tend to look different from Pokémon, because many digimon have colored irises, but no white sclera. That makes the eyes more animal like

Attached: 4CE4C5AB-28EE-4474-AFC7-43C443CB92E8.png (200x200, 31.75K)

I've always hated people saying that, but Solgaleo.
If you told me that's SaberLeomon's bastard cousin I'd believe you.

Many pokemon have always been able to fit into baby, fresh and rookies. When people say it they mean when it gets less natural either cha,pions onwards.

What's digimon

gen 4 evos are horrendous, especially Rhyperior, MAN that thing sucks, Rhydon is badass design and probably the first mon ever created and then that abomination happened

The Kami Pokémon are definitely Digimon.

Most work just fine

Attached: all__39_baby_ii_level_digimon___and_more__by_alicekaninchenbau_d8zawa2-fullview.jpg (1600x1376, 445.45K)

Solgaleo is a Robopon

Attached: ZUDP68h0161KIDphSKNsd8On8H-jWsmVp9d9m39WwXw.jpg (918x470, 56.56K)

Pikachu
Charmander
Bulbasaur

Hatenna and Hattrem look like digimon. Only problem is, if they were actually digimon, there would be a 50 percent change that Hatterene would just be a scantily clad human witch with an obscured face.

Attached: 90B9ABE3-B10A-4450-BFF4-44F4D5D74093.png (680x297, 177.54K)

rhydon sucks too fag, rhyhorn is the only good design in that line

Rookie level digimon are better pokemon designs than pokemon.

Why are so many of the names wrong

Whenever people ask "What makes it look like a Digimon", to me, it's either the level of detail of the level of nonsensical shit added to the design. When you compare Charmander to Agumon, the popular comparison, you can see how much more detailed even the first stage is compared to simple, nubby-armed Charmander. Then as it evolves, it ends up gaining all this armor elements that make it look like a Beast Wars character whereas Charizard just sort of retains it's kaiju-inspired design.

Pokemon designs to me, at least for the first couple of generations, either fall under the category of kawaii and cute or inspired-by-kaiju. Either way, they're simple monster designs. Whereas Pokemon would make a cartoony red cat that shoots fire and call that a Pokemon, Digimon might do a more anatomically-detailed cat that eventually gains a machine gun and power boots.

So that's my criteria. When Pokemon designs end up having more garbage like unneeded spikes, stripes, horns, or whatever bullshit thrown on top of it to the point where it looks mechanical, I think it looks like a Digimon. I HATE designs like Dialga and Eternatus, but I think Shaymin and Spectrier are very nice.

The Ultra Beasts are the worst fucking offenders to me. I know their whole gimmick is, "Another dimension's version of Pokemon", but I hated that GameFreak was obsessed with merging aliens and gods into Pokemon all the way back when they introduced Deoxys. Calling anything that ISN'T a human a "Pokemon" is fucking stupid to me. Their designs are cluttered clusterfucks, too.

Attached: 457647.png (1808x710, 2.16M)

Which ones

This. The evolutionary line gets worse in design as it progresses

This is literally what digimon looks like

Attached: xveemon.jpg (1394x1521, 215.3K)

retard