I am starting to get nostalgic for XY

I am starting to get nostalgic for XY.

Attached: _91408619_55df76d5-2245-41c1-8031-07a4da3f313f.jpg (976x850, 57.91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/K_0C73etAmM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's almost been 10 years. I always liked XY and SM so I can't wait for you fags to change your opinion on them both. Fuck SwSh though.

>I always liked XY and SM
based high IQ poster

youtu.be/K_0C73etAmM

bros...

Understandably so.
Thank god I played ORAS more than XY during Gen 6's time so I won't get as nostalgic as you guys
Gen 7 though... I had to play those fucking games for 6 years, surely I'll get nostalgic in some time.

>idling in random cities listening to the music, watching the pss update in real time, taking a sip of your hot chocolate every now and then
>breeding random pokemon and wonder trading them all to strangers, hoping you made at least one kid's day
>trading friend safaris with your friends and battling eachother with your garbage in game teams, then spending the rest of the night shiny hunting with hordes racing eachother to see who can find a shiny first
>we will never have this ever again

I miss the PSS so much bros. They absolutely nailed online in gen 6 and nothing has ever lived up to that system.

I hate you all.

Okay come on. I'm one of the biggest XY worshippers there is, and Y-comm is perfectly fine.

>zoomers are now unironically posting nostalgia for gen 6 and are old enough to post here
this is truly the worst timeline

I bought Y on release but never finished it.
I finally got around to doing a full playthrough it and enjoyed it, except for the stupid story.
Going to breed a Greninja for the Battle Maison.

This happened to me with BW/2, but once the nostalgia wears off you realize the newer games are better as they offer improved mechanics and new features, while older games are plagued with dated design.

XY were fine, the problem with gen 6 is that they never made a Z to expand on them the way they did in earlier gens. But that's not XY's fault.

>No GTS
>perfect
what

Calling it now, gen 8 will be the line in the sand for this. People aren't gonna shut up about the zelda cycle but fact is people had already felt that gens 6 and 7 were actually not too bad the moment gen 8 was announced, because gen 8 is the REAL bad gen, 6 and 7 just had some missteps

Literally same, I stopped at laverre town cause the game just felt like it was getting kinda boring. Played all the way through and honestly really enjoyed it. Still hate some aspects of it, but as a whole it's honestly a solid game

As someone who started with Red back in 1999, anything after DP doesn't feel nostalgic at all. Not because they're bad, they just feel like I played them yesterday. Hence I never replayed any Gen past Gen 4.

Attached: tfw time.jpg (550x366, 60.22K)

>I stopped at laverre town
Oh that's funny, I got as far as Dendemille Town. I don't think I was even necessarily bored, I just moved on to other games. I distinctly remember liking it when it came out, and being baffled when I found out years later that people hated it.

XY are actually going to be viewed worse as time goes on because the PSS is temporary. People 10 years from now will play the game without any of the online features people originally enjoyed and without the novelty of mainline pokemon jumping to 3D. Time and new kids coming into the series will detach the memories of XY's online features from how the game will be seen in people's eyes.

I too miss the objectively best gimmick

Attached: 1649614201132.png (200x200, 45.81K)

There's no GTS and while the Y-comm is an improvement over gen 7 it isn't as easy or convenient to use as the PSS was.

it's almost as if multiplayer is objectively the death of video game preservation

Please like we aren't going to hack it to set up private servers like we did for gen 4 and 5.

Don't. Fight those feelings. Stay firm in your convictions. It was the beginning of the end. Decouple yourself from those magical first 3 months after launch. It was all a fluke. The games are bad.

There will be private servers within a few months of the 3DS servers going down.

I thought it was just me.
And I didn't even like XY.

Attached: 7B2C1218-CF02-427A-B318-E2DF70341BC1.jpg (1105x822, 105.21K)

But are they? They're not amazing games but are they actually bad? I think XY is remembered more for not getting a revision and not enough for what it actually does have. It's not a perfect game but it was hardly a bad game.

No cap XY were bussin fr fr

I mean I know SwSh managed to be even worse than XY and SV is looking just as bad but that doesn't mean XY is any good.

Is everyone on Any Forums just underaged morons who only started in the 3d games?

It's a perfectly fine game. user is just a slave to memes.