Leviquake gym disguised as a psychic gym

>Leviquake gym disguised as a psychic gym

Why don't games throw you curveballs like this anymore

Attached: Screenshot_20220805-232457~2.png (903x1522, 213.87K)

The last Galar gym was a weather one right?
Trying to think of times these sort of things happened is difficult

>*screeches your starter*
>*oneshots with Headbutt*

Attached: file.png (809x472, 52.16K)

>The last Galar gym was a weather one right?
Yes, but it was implemented hilariously poorly.
None of his Pokemon benefit from sand other than Gigalith getting a SpDef boost.
No Sand Rush, Sand Veil, Sand Force, Shore Up, Weather Ball, not even another Rock-type. At least none of them are damaged by sand, but still.

Attached: raihan gym team.png (1354x1723, 489.69K)

attract to make you miss + rollout to take advantage of attract misses + healing in case they bring a fighting type + stomp to abuse flinch

Attached: Screenshot_20220805-230052~2.png (576x820, 103.88K)

>2 hyper potions
>but GF is incompetent
>because of this Tate and Liza have 4 fucking Hyper potions instead
Based?

His team reminded me of someone trying to build a weather team without knowing what they're doing and no synergy at all, probably not what they're going for but I found it kinda funny

I guess as a bit of a curveball although it's more so with type matchups would be Maylene's Gym, Machoke and Meditite each have means of dealing with one of Fighting-Type's (at the time) two weaknesses and Lucario being part-Steel means it doesn't have a weakness to either type.

this boss fight truly is a bit stupid, I love it because it really signifies the end of early game
too bad the rest of the game doesn't follow, let me fix this
>Steel gym with Iron Defense + Body Press if only it existed
>Fighting gym with evasion moves + Focus Punch
>Ice gym with Hail (in HGSS)+ Blizzard and Glaciate

His "E4" team isn't much better.
Each of the mons are OK in a vacuum (except Goodra with Rain Dance and no Hydration), but there's no synergy whatsoever, which the bread and butter of weather teams.
And it has 3 different weathers.

Attached: raihan team.png (1981x1714, 639.67K)

>Surf AND muddy water
>No dragon moves
They should have sticked to the sandstorm team and added some sand rush dragon

>Two mons have Body Press with no Defense boosting moves
>One mon has Rain Dance, another has Sunny Day, another has Sandstorm
>No one benefits from Sandstorm
>Solar Beam mon is sent out before Sun is set up
>>One mon has Rain Dance, another has Sunny Day
>Goodra has Sap Sipper
>Goodra has no STABs
>Goodra has fucking Muddy Water ffs
What the fuck even is this.

Exactly this.
I really hope GF doesn't drift away from monotype gyms when they could just have the teams cover each other's weaknesses.

>raihan runs a physical set on his duraludon

and this guy is champion material? he'll fit right in with Steven and his mixed attacker Aggron

I've often thought, is there a trainer battle, across all games, that can be considered the BEST - as in, all-around most well designed and intense? Most of the battles that are noteworthy are not noteworthy for the composition of the team.

Welp, while I don't like Shitnoh, probably Shirona wins this contest

Chuck had a good gimmick in HGSS
>primape with double team+focus punch
>poliwrath with hypnosis+focus punch
They should've gave him an onix for flying types.

Boomers will say red, zoomers will say cynthia, but we all know the real answer is Ghetsis. Even if you hated gen 5, Ghetsis was fucking based, and a perfectly difficult battle right after you fought the E4 and N, great for capping off the game and it knocks the other villain teams out of the water.

Roark is one of those gym leaders that seems like they're gonna be harder then they really are for me, you're guaranteed a counter essentially. Turtwig destroys the gym with stab Razor leaf and good defense, Chimchar destroys the gym since it evolves into Monferno at only Lv 14 and it get's either mach punch or rock smash, off a high ass attack stat. Piplup is probably the worst cause bubble sucks but it still one shots both geodude and onix, and 3 shots cranidos, and you can always catch a budew, a psyduck, a machop, or maybe just teach someone rock smash and bam you're done. Cranidos doesn't even get stab although I know he barely needs it.

Unironically

Attached: pokemon_pla_wielder_volo1.jpg (1140x641, 56.72K)

>and a perfectly difficult battle right after you fought the E4 and N
Yeah it would be based if only you weren't healed between N and Ghetsis.
But that might have made the thing nearly impossible without items.