Terastallization thread

The new gimmick looks quite ugly but I still love it because the unpredictability that will bring will make competitive pokemon fun again. Thoughts?

Attached: 20220805_175155.jpg (453x339, 50.64K)

>unpredictability
instant Smogon ban

>competitive pokemon

The hats are so fucking stupid, this is worse than the stupid Z-move dances

I like the crystal effect on the Pokemon themselves, but the hats definitely scream "make sure the children can understand what's happening". I would've preferred something a bit more subtle like a particle effect or aura around the Pokemon that makes it clear what type it's changed into.

As for the mechanic itself, it's pretty neat. I hope most Pokemon are available in most types, or there's a way to change Tera types without having to catch another of the same Pokemon.

Looks fucking terrible. Crowns are going to be hideous on a ton of pokemon.
Gameplay wise it seems… interesting, but if it’s true that it’s locked in for each pokemon then that’s going to make it really awkward to use outside of fantasy battlers like smogon.

The gimmicks have such retarded names in english lol They mix words that shouldn't be mixed like tera and crystal yet refuse to put mega attached to the Pokemons name. American things
Terastal and terastillaziation sounds retarded, much better in my language and spanish

Hats are alittle goofy but otherwise I like the gimmick alot from a gameplay standpoint

I wonder if there will be a move that takes advantage of the gimmick that almost everyone will learn in form of a TM. Like a tweaked hidden power that works with the current form it takes

I have the feeling that they will put a special npc who will change tera-types in exchange for something but it will probably appear in the post-game or in a dlc

It would make sense to add a universal physical tera move and a universal special tera move that change their type in accordance with the tera type

You get so,e sort of consumable from completing Raids that you can use to retype.

The crystal texture is fine, the giant hats are terrible.
The mechanic itself would be fine if you can check the opponent's tera types during team preview, otherwise it's zmoves all over again, where you're going to get one pokemon oneshot almost no matter what

The first mechanic where you really feel it was made for merchanis first and gameplay second.
Imagine how many fucking cards and toys that will exist with the hats now.

But they’re going to look incredibly stupid on pretty much any pokemon that isn’t Pikachu.

>Thoughts?
First mainline game I'm buying since BW and it's only because I find this gimmick interesting.

Most merchmons are the cuter ones anyway.

I'm just wondering if Tera Types are an added type or a type replacement. either way, I can't wait to see how degenerate the meta becomes.

Nothing will top Dynamax Galar Darmanitan, but I hope for some dank bullshit.

Replacement.

It's apparently not DLC according to leaks.
Confirmed or speculation?

Khu said you get it as rewards from Raids.
Basically, dynamax candies.
My guess is there are 18 types of these rewards, like how you would get TMs based on the type of th4 SwSh raid.

For