Terastals make me really appreciate how cool megas were design wise

Terastals make me really appreciate how cool megas were design wise.
Can't believe it's been almost 10 years.

Attached: images - 2022-08-03T110143.006.jpg (691x444, 68.28K)

>megas cool design just looking mega aerodactyl lmao

We didn’t know how good we had it. I miss XY so much, bros.

>how cool megas were
>how good we had it
Pokémon cycle at its finest.

>DUDE BUT LOOK THE DESIGNS
I'm sorry I actually play the games instead of enjoying staring at shit

No, I didn't praise XY, they're still shit. I just pointed out how designs were much better than crystal hats.
SV overall still looks more fun than XY.

a little over half the designs were good. the problem with megas though is that they're horribly unbalanced, take up an item slot, and only available to a small fraction of the dex.

vanilla gen 6 aren't fun games to replay so i don't blame you for forgetting and instead fondly remembering the creative new designs for forgotton mons.

Keep the megas, leave XY to rot

Yeah, that's true. I wish gf would bring some of them back, at least the ones that are not for pseudos, and nerf the broken ones.

>LOL MOAR SPIKES XD

kys

Wow so many spikes
kys

Attached: 257_f2.png (475x475, 120.92K)

Easily Pokémon's best gimmick so far. Wild that they got it right the first time, added to it after and then completely shat themselves.

Attached: __mewtwo_mega_mewtwo_y_and_mega_mewtwo_x_pokemon_drawn_by_niking__64eba1e1689ab98f6874ab5f83905eea.jpg (1400x1091, 793.37K)

>Easily Pokémon's best gimmick so far.
in what way?

>TH-THE DESIGNS
ok but what about for people who actually play the games

Being able to actually use it in every fight helped, for one. Dynamax having no actual use in the game besides gym fights blows, and in those gym fights it's not even particularly fun to use.

>Being able to actually use it in every fight helped
so the good thing about it is that it's unbalanced and can mindlessly sweep every fight with it? wow.

What's the difference

Pokemon best gimmick was ablilities, because they actually kept it

Thats because rather than a one-size-fits all gimmick, they actually had to design individual new Pokemon with stat changes, sometimes types, and abilties,

The more generic something is, the worse it will be, to both extremes. It either ends up useless or broken.

Yes, actually. If I like a Pokémon for its Mega I can use it with its Mega, if I like a Pokémon for its Gigantamax I'm shit out of luck. Coalossal only gets to be cool in a small handful of fights. If anything I wish more trainers got to use Megas against you too. ORAS stepped it up there and that helped a lot.

It's such a fundamental gamechanger to the mechanics that I wouldn't call it a gimmick.

Attached: __kagari_houndoom_and_mega_houndoom_pokemon_and_2_more_drawn_by_inanimate_dan__880783eee9b6aa3726ed441ca2c11325.png (800x800, 291.7K)

Literally the only reason to play pokemon. You cant seriously be acting superior coming from the position of a mpautist are you?

Based
NPC