/Oil & Gas/

Oil and Gas general:

>Winter is coming
>Putin is going to cut gas to Europe
>Woke retards, closed most of the coal power plants and oppose Nuclear
>Gas power plants are considered green by EU law
>One of the driest summers in Europe history, there is not enough water in the Hydroelectric dams to produce electricity
>China will eventually give up on their 0 Covid policy, and it's economy is going to grow again, rising the consuption of oil and gas
>OPEC does not give a shit about the West and even less about Biden. They are talking about cutting production
>Biden have already released USA oil reserves, they will eventually need to be filled up again
>The adoption of EVs is still slow
>Even if the EVs sales grow alot, the electrical grid of every country will need massives amouts of gas to power the increse in consumption
>The oil and gas consumption in China, India and every developing country with a huge population, is growing fast.
>Oil and gas are here to stay

This winter, we will have oil and gas hitting record prices, so here are my plays:

>I'm focusing on Upstream and not caring much about Downstream.
>I'm buying mainly ConocoPhillips because they are a big Upstream company since they spined off their Downstream operations into Phillips 66
>I'm buying on of the big, American shale companies. I bought Pioneer
>Also have a little bit of money in Chevron

What's your thoughts and opinions?

Attached: ir8o81ao0wc91.jpg (3024x4032, 1.15M)

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/markets/commodities/with-iran-deal-looming-opec-weighs-oil-cuts-2022-08-23/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>priced in
Gas and oil futures area already sky high

You're a little over a year late to prepare for the oil boom. Production is ramping up all around the world and Russia quite simply doesn't matter anymore

Attached: 1653092483532.jpg (700x705, 61.8K)

It's definitely not priced in at oil prices 100$ and above. Upstream is not growing because of the reluctance of woke Wall Street to fund new oil and gas wells.

If you guys are interested read this Financial Times article that I'm posting in the pic.

Attached: 1.jpg (1371x5757, 1.65M)

Here are my Oil & Gas positions:

>Bought 1700€ of Chevron and 2600€ of ConocoPhillips in the beguining of August.
>Yesterday bought 3000€ worth of ConocoPhillips
>Today I bought 2800€ worth of Pioneer

Attached: 5445453.jpg (2347x150, 75.33K)

>Based rig #141
is that a "Fuck Brandon" flag?

No, that's the flag of the company Ensignenergy

Attached: u1vdcfdrs3d91.jpg (3024x4032, 1.12M)

Delete this thread fag why are you giving out top signals like this for free

I flocking love drill rigs and oil wells

extracting raw energy and wealth from the ground is got to be the most based thing there is

oil & gas forever

Thanks Bro, I want to make money together with my Any Forums friends

Me too

Attached: 1255774575.jpg (4032x3024, 2.96M)

and just like that its over, time for me to scale out

Attached: 1660578911010562.png (154x200, 32.77K)

Thanks, this was interesting. Not sure that I agree that demand will see a huge rise, china's been hinting at easing lockdowns since the beginning of the year and us/eu are technically nearing a recession. Production almost at pre-lockdown highs and iranian/libyan oil could be on the market again. Anything could happen though.

Politic opinions on a finance board, this how I know not to take ur advice

Oil is politics. This is how I know you belong on biz.

>china's been hinting at easing lockdowns since the beginning of the year
China is still trying their 0 covid policy with no official end date, But they will eventually be forced to give in and stop that dumb policy. The day that happens, oil prices are going to spike
>Production almost at pre-lockdown highs
But very few new wells, so the production is not going to increase much above that
>and iranian/libyan oil could be on the market again
Not a problem, OPEC already said they will cut production if that happens:
reuters.com/markets/commodities/with-iran-deal-looming-opec-weighs-oil-cuts-2022-08-23/
>and us/eu are technically nearing a recession
If Putin cuts the gas to Europe, a recession is going to happen and oil and gas prices will go on records high.
The only risk I see is a big recession without Russia cutting the gas and their oil extraction keeps up besides all the sanctions. I think this probability very unlikely, since cutting the gas to Europe is the only Nuke that Putin can use, to start shifting western people's opinions about the Russian sanctions. But even if that happens, OPEC will further cut production

Attached: l4ymicuyave71.jpg (3024x4032, 2.24M)

The reluctance of woke Wall Street to invest in oil and gas, made the industry undervalued, even today, oil and gas industry are undervalued for the energy crises that is most probably going to happen this winter.

Democrats are going to lose the midterms, so any anti-oil & gas policy, like taxing their profits are never going to happen

Attached: v06igcciiya51.jpg (4032x3024, 865.36K)

I'd stay away from shale companies, it's a financial jew trick. I'd look into LNG trrminals and who owns them, tanker companies, pipe laying companies (Spain wants to become a transit place for north African gas and oil). Big gas field discovery off Cyprus look into Turkish companies (and seething Greek military). I'd pay very close attention to Russia/Iran who are whooing Qatar to join a proposed Gas OPEC (GEC I think it's called), creating a 75% monopoly on natural gas. I wish I had more money to invest, it's fascinating industry which maps 100% to geopolitics.

what is upstream and downstream, and where is the demarcation?

Your opinion would have more weight if it wasn’t for slava ukraine

>Russia quite simply doesn't matter anymore
Yet European prices climb by hundreds almost every day now. The price will go higher here as we continue sending NG to Europe to cover for their losses from Russia. That won't stop until the prices are equally high here. Going to be a nice, cold winter with a lot of people huddling around a barrel full of burning trash. Hope that sounds comfy to everyone.

Upstream: Extraction of oil and gas
Midstream: Transport
Downstream: Refinement and selling to you, at your local gas pump

I also thought of buying some Midstream companies, specially the ones focusing on gas and LNG, but I'm not sure if they will benefit as much from high prices, as mainly Upstream companies.
I think I made the right decision of not investing in Midstream companies, because for now, Upstream companies are growing faster on the stock market

Attached: 4pug3lglsch91.jpg (3024x4032, 885.38K)

About time to buy back into OBE. Sold out at a nice profit after holding it for a loss for so many years kek.

>I'd stay away from shale companies, it's a financial jew trick.
I don't agree with you, most of the US oil and gas are produced by shale extraction. When Putin cuts the flow to Europe the US production will be worth gold, and it will be the main source for Europe, since OPEC will not give a shit and is not going to increase production

Shale companies will make tons of money.

That's why my 2nd biggest investment after ConocoPhillips is an American Shale company, Pioneer Natural Resources

Attached: 0zgwscena3291.jpg (3024x4032, 1.09M)