Why is there such a negative reaction to these games?

Why is there such a negative reaction to these games?

I only ask because I've been replaying the early generation Pokemon games and have finished Emerald a few days ago and am about to start playing Platinum. I didn't even know Diamond / Pearl got a remaster and I'm curious why people hate the remasters so much because I'm considering replaying that version on the switch instead of using my 3DS to play Platinum. I never even played Platinum honestly, I bought the game ages ago and just never played gen IV as my interest in Pokemon kind of waned at the time it came out.

So should I just stick to playing the DS version or bother with the switch remaster?

Attached: file.png (578x327, 340.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ug6BHCHWgzE?t=248
youtube.com/watch?v=ACfCtCLOTLA
youtube.com/watch?v=zEaF_0bbfLc
gamebanana.com/mods/344674
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

if you don’t care about the battle frontier it makes literally no difference.

it's the same fucking game as DP but with forced affection and meaner AI movesets

Basically it was filled with numerous bugs when it launched and people don't like the artstyle compared to the originals
It's also missing older features like Contests and the Underground
However I will say its postgame is superior as the bosses are stronger and the Battle Tower was updated with better movesets and such so make of that what you will

>Cut content from even D/P
>New contests are shit
>It adds almost no changes from platinium
>Simply ugly and cheap looking
>Yet still full of not polished stuff

It's the same game. #Dexit fags and ProNuzlockers just threw a tantrum about it and Sword/Shield.

The main reason people hate BDSP is that it's fucking ugly.
Besides that, it was literally unfinished on launch and had a shitload of bugs, not all of which have even been fixed.
It also is a straight remake of DP without any Platinum content, and Platinum is the only Sinnoh game worth playing.

Yeah dude it was just people throwing a tantrum there was nothing janky about this game at all
youtu.be/Ug6BHCHWgzE?t=248
youtube.com/watch?v=ACfCtCLOTLA
youtube.com/watch?v=zEaF_0bbfLc

People wanted it to be like Oras where it replaced the current game but instead it was explicitly just a side game

Platinum is such a great game, that having to play through D/P feels like a slog afterwards.

both Platinum and BDSM equally felt like boring dogshit to me. I think Sinnoh is just an inherently badly designed region.

It's a rushed Unity release. But the core criticisms of BDSP aren't good when everyone holds up Platinum. Those points are focused on minutia.

Nigger what the fuck are you talking about?
Pretty sure "it's a buggy mess" is a "core criticism".

pre-postgame still has the same original shit dex from DP, with very minimal improvements to the dex via the underground (a lot are still locked to postgame).

speaking of postgame, the features intended to provide longevity to the game were incorrectly and/or poorly done. Such as the pokeradar being able to spawn encounters underneath NPCs if they are in the grass, and IVs being available once every 10 pokemon. For example, for a streak of 40+ encounters using the radar, all pokemon are supposed to have guaranteed 3 IVs, but it's the 40th pokemon ONLY, and then from 41-99 all the IVs are random as if you weren't using the pokeradar at all. Then 5 IVS at encounter 100, lmao. BTW the odds of continuing a streak are worse than the original DP. Oh and the shiny charm also doesn't affect eggs unlike other games.

They were lazy and copy and pasted too much from DP itself, a notable example being suction cups not actually increasing fishing encounter rates, because the only other game where this ability does not work as intended was DP.

There are also no move tutors like in SWSH's DLC, so it's not a good game for building competitive mons, but not as if you'd have a lot of places to use them since its not compatible with SWSH for battling and only has a battle tower.

This game is literally only suitable for kids and anyone who hasn't played Sinnoh ever on the DS.

Moving around with the thumbstick can be annoying, especially in the underground. The trainer always gets stuck when trying to get around the random rocks when avoiding pokemon.
Speaking of underground, there's too many of the same caverns in the same regions. I get it's supposed to be a large underground network, but traversal is annoying, just to end up in another similar ecosystem.
There's also way too much garbage to dig up. It's just the same gems and useless statues over and over, with the occasional shiny one and maybe a heart scale.
What is the point of making tms breakable again? They didn't have to go THAT HARD with fidelity to the old games.
They tried to remedy the limited tms with ways to buy/trade for more of the ones that used to be limited to one, but why the fuck not just use the swsh version of unbreakable tms?
Subjective, but the chibi thing is still ugly. Another example of ILCA trying to make the games too similar to the originals. They were stumpy because they were pixel characters, you don't have that limitation anymore.
They could've made the overworld models similar to swsh/let's go, not these disgusting gremlins.
WHY THE FUCK is exp share mandatory? Is a on/off switch really that hard to program?
"Durr, just put the other pokemon in the box!" That's retarded, you shouldn't have to resort to such a tedious method to avoid overleveling certain team members.
For example: Budew evolves through friendship, which is gained through keeping it in your team, which inevitably battles. BUT, it also gains levels because of fucking exp share, so it might level past 15, which causes your roselia to miss mega drain, leech seed, and magical leaf, all of which are major upgrades from budew's nonexistent move pool.
Catching pokemon late-post game is a pain in the ass. Almost every fucking pokemon has a suicide move. Either memento, double-edge, explosion, or some random bullshit that causes the retarded ai to kill itself for MAXIMUM DAMAGE.

Damn I didnt expect an actual informative thread when I opened it.

I should add that one of the worse gripes is the unification of affection and friendship that cannot be turned off unless you forcefeed your pokemon bitter items to make them dislike you. That means that once you use your pokemon for a while and walk around with them, they'll start surviving moves on 1 HP, recovering from status miraculously, and critting more often because they like you. This trivializes challenging battles near the end of the game and postgame.

Why the fuck shouldn’t it be compared to platinum? A better remake than Dia/Per that fixed almost every one of their problems (which fucking carried over to BDSP) was made more than a decade ago, face it these remakes are pig shit, someone post the snowpoint gym puzzle skip

It becomes good with this mod
gamebanana.com/mods/344674

why would you buy the same game when you can just play the original

Attached: there-nothing-more-deceptne-than-an-obvious-bait-20002110.png (500x523, 65.87K)

Those bugs are amplified by YouTubbie faggots and you know it.
I guarantee if you search it, the first results will be:
>TOP 20 CRAAAZY BUGS IN DIAMOND PERAL

>amplified
What the FUCK are you TALKING ABOUT
They EXISTED
THEY CAN'T BE EXAGGERATING THEM WHEN THEY WERE REAL
You keep pulling these non-sequiturs out of your ass it's like we're having two separate conversations

Oh yeah, there's also way too many dialogue boxes during battle.
I don't care if my pokemon landed a crit and wants to be praised, just say it's a critical hit and skip that dumbass hopping/heart animation.
Even turning off battle animations doesn't fix this.
All the flavor text when a pokemon crits/gets into red hp, etc, don't feel like immersion, it's just annoying garbage I have to click through and it wastes time.
I also don't care for that slow zoom in animation every time a gym leader/rival get to their last pokemon. It's too slow and drags out my inevitable win.
They STILL didn't fix Flint's garbage "fire" team.

The problem is it has become the norm in the series to let gameplay minutia get in the way of core critique.

BDSP are the same game as their originals at the core, but no one knows how to analyse that anymore because things like being so angry about getting Mew in the early game is what gets YouTube clicks.

It's like saying Red&Blue is bad because MissingNo.