Finance Degree

Planning on pursuing an undergraduate finance degree. I dont know shit about money and finance, but im decent at math. Is it a good decision? What other business degree should I go for otherwise?

Attached: sweat.jpg (480x454, 31.55K)

I am interested in the financial world, but I despise math (though when necessary I can do it)
What do????

study accounting. finance is a meme and you'll have a much harder time finding a job.

What do you think of International Relations as a degree? Is it a meme like people say it is?

graduated with my phd in math and got $300k a year starting

Attached: 1654805031993.jpg (655x527, 64.13K)

meme. you need to learn hard skills. finance teaches you hard skills but getting an entry level job in "finance" (realistically corporate fp&a) is very competitive. accounting teaches you hard skills and it's much easier to find a job. big 4 public accounting is wageslavery but it's a great way to get a lost of experience very quickly. if you don't want to be a wageslave, get a staff accountant jobs at a large corporation and network your way into FP&A after 1-3 years.

I'm interested in politics though.
What's the best way to approach this incredibly interesting subject?
Law seems interesting...

Also sorry OP for hijacking this thread I'm just also in the same situation as you

It's alright. I dont have many people IRL to talk with. I just dont want to get stuck with a meme degree. Just want a degree where I can have lots of job oppurtunities, and going into business sounds interesting to me.

if you're in the USA you'd better be smart enough to go to a top 14 school or get a full ride scholarship if you want to do the law meme

I would say "same", but I am not really interested in business as much as governance.
I want to save my shithole country from collapsing, and I am wondering what degree is best for teaching me how to do so.
I am from Georgia BTW, the tiny country near Russia

do accounting, you can usually pivot to finance after a few years and there are more accounting jobs

finance jobs have more competition and you can't pivot to accounting to get a job if you need one

start learning python. double major in stats & economics. figure out the rest yourself.

>if you're in the USA you'd better be smart enough to go to a top 14 school or get a full ride scholarship if you want to do the law meme
As I said I'm from Georgia and I want to believe that I'm smart and organized enough for something like Tartu University. I just like Estonia, but I'm not sure about the Law degree.

What if I don't give a damn about programming

Come on OP you got this

Should I be a dick and keep bumping

Yeah nah

>Is it a good decision?
If you are good at math a finance degree is very universal. on advice from an old boss i chose to get a finance degree when i went back to school rather than a business degree or some other specialized comsci or other degree. reason (my old bosses words): "get a finance degree, you can get a job at any company in any field that interests you because the numbers drive EVERYTHING." i've held director of finance, operations manager, national sales manager titles at various companies. the duties are the same, look for trends, identify problems, fix them. am doing good at current job making 86k in rural america and am first in line for CEO title when owner retires. it's a good degree and very universal, go for it.

Attached: 1615488841633.png (450x405, 118.83K)

>86k in rural america
So Any Forumsraelis do make it sometimes

Come on you guys

i have a "business management" degree. it's pretty gay. the only business degrees should be accounting and finance, and then perhaps business+quantitative analysis degree.
some will argue accounting>finance, which is probably true. an accountant prepares the documents that someone in finance will analyze, but accountants can do everything someone in finance can do and more.

Attached: fur.jpg (1289x1404, 231.42K)