How do we feel about this?

How do we feel about this?

Attached: Screenshot_20220824-011517_Chrome.jpg (1080x1488, 626.97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I actually think eBay has been doing some impressive shit in the Trading Cards and collectibles area.
They also bought TCGPlayer recently.

I bought 2 Pokemon Base Set Unlimited Booster Packs back in 2014 for literally $23 each. (Charizard and Venusaur cover).

Sold the Venusaur one 2 years ago for $730 and now I'm gonna hold the charizard one for a long time.

>eBay vault
Not your slabs, not your trading cards.

Attached: pepe.png (976x850, 597.71K)

Not a fan. There's a ton of investment hype around cards and not much actual organic growth. And things like the Ebay vault are only further inflating was is a very obvious speculative bubble. When you have mainstream media unironically talking about investing in cardboard, that's when you know the top is in.

Big fan. There's a ton of investment hype around cards and not much actual organic growth. And things like the Ebay vault are only further inflating was is a very obvious speculative bubble. When you have mainstream media unironically talking about investing in cardboard, that's when you know the bottom is in.

which cards are trending atm? like pokemon?

Sell them while it's still relevant. Zoomers aren't going to give a shit about some 30 year old boomer's old card game. I remember boomers telling us about pogs and garbage pale kids, I couldn't have been less interested.

The youtube influencers that cornered and pumped that market have cashed out long ago

I feel that ungraded card prices are scamming levels of low and therefore have decided never to sell my childhood cards. imagine selling an ungraded unlimited charizard for like $300 id rather kms

Pokemon, as a franchise, is worth more than star wars.
It is the most valuable media franchise ever made.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises

I think I'll be fine for the forseeable future since these are no longer in print, but I see what you mean as well. It's why i sold the venusaur one.

What's with millenials/zoomers and pumping intrinsically worthless "assets"? NFTs, meme stocks, cardboard....

>Why care about financial future if there's no future

The last time everyone was FOMOing on worthless "line go up" assets, it led to the Great Depression.

They're gonna mismatch your shit 100% like every other (((secure storage)))

Their money just reallocated in better companies.

Millennials are only going to get richer for the next 30 years. The time to sell will be before we start dying

>millenials are only going to get richer
This is true. And if you think millenial millionaires and billionaires will be storing their wealth in worthless shit like shiny cardboard and monkey jpgs, you're retarded.

uh oh, he doesn't know about clown world. sorry, collapses take decades, plus we're off the gold standard and millennials think precious metals are worthless and/or right wing.

And? Unless they hate themselves, rich people are right wing.

I'm 30 and made it last year, yes I'm buying PSA 10 pokemon cards. When in clownworld, you have to wear the shoes.

Attached: 1660673357414930.jpg (746x1240, 246.48K)

Yes. We're now in the greatest speculative asset boom in history. But if, let's say, 5 years from now, things return to relative normalcy where people are actually working, will worthless assets still be "going to the moon"? Will investors still be bullish on cards and NFTs, or will they be laughed at as another insane speculative mania of the past? Will Gamestop even still exist?

No one knows. But if you're a good enough trader/investor to have made it, you'd know when it's time to cash out. It's the wagies who took out loans to buy meme assets who will be left holding the bags if SHTF.