TCG General

Are vintage, graded 1st edition base set commons worth hoarding? Or do people have binders full of gem mints and can flood the market with PSA 10s? I can’t afford holos from that era, and even pic related is over $1000.

Attached: 6FCA2E0D-AD72-4C23-A8DF-D8E9B912A813.jpg (750x1123, 880.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oOaokTQpCmo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Tou are scum if the earth, fuck you fat nigger. Delete the thread, insane nigger.

Better off investing in mtg than pokemon desu senpai
>t. Guy who does collectibles

>yellow cheek
lol

Better off investing in dead CCG grails than mtg.

Attached: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg (1202x1066, 513.72K)

Wrong board

How's the liquidity on those, kek

Attached: E1s6Ah6XoAAUCKX.jpg (431x450, 38.73K)

Getting better. Put an MECCG Japanese Fury Of The Iron Crown on the market for $1k it would sell instantly. If you check the market, grail cards are scarcely available because they get bought quick.

With MTG, I only buy artist proofs because they are limited to like 50-200 print runs. In MTG you got nigas trying to 'buyout' cards with print runs over 100k. With dead ccgs you have cards limited to like 30-500 that are atttainable with some determination. Much rather have an MECCG Japanese Fury Of The Iron Crown(supply 30) than a Chains of Mephistopheles(supply 20k) that is priced multiples higher.

Sorry, bro. I am accumulating and there is nothing you or anyone can do about it hahahahaha im sorry. It’s just that im gonna keep buying the cards hahahaha

Metazoo is probably the best investment

>tfw can’t afford red cheeks
:(

i believe any graded 1st gen card will always have some value. but honestly i don't think it is a good deal, maybe wait a bit more, it will keep going down in the next years

Anyone who bought MTG over Pokemon or crypto in the last ten years has been absolutely shit on. But by all means, buy those $300 collector boxes on release.

Rather than acknowledge the gains that you missed out on you cope.

>Metazoo is probably the best investment

Modern.
Large print runs.
Contrived.

Why not invest in Dead CCGs from the 1990's where you can pick up grails?

Card games will probably be the stamps of the next generations. Plenty of value already in the dead CCGs.

Fair enough. With MTG my strat recently (since 2018) has been buying beta duals and reserved list commander staple artifacts. Buyouts make me money AND give me insane liquidity at a really high price point, idk what to tell ya

>shiny cardboard

Attached: laugh pepe.jpg (2544x4000, 381.85K)

I agree that there is probably plenty of value to extract in that niche, and more power to you if that is your forte. But in terms of hype and novelty, it pays to follow whatever the latest, hottest trend is, and once in a great while one will come out with staying power, becoming a sensation like Pokémon and Yugioh. Metazoo in particular gives me 1999 Pokémon vibes. And no I wouldn’t call it contrived. The idea of cryptids is ancient, and I’m surprised it took this long for someone to turn them into a card game, frankly. As for the print run size, it’s harder to speculate on that, but you can certainly find scarcity in it. In my opinion, Kickstarter = Alpha, 1st Ed = Beta, 2nd Ed = Unlimited.

>buying foils

>no red cheeks
Literally worthless
>unironically a better investment than shiny rocks

Attached: pikachu-red-cheeks-58-102-base-set-promos[1].jpg (322x450, 36.86K)

A lot of gains have been made to be fair. Was being partly facetious by saying Dead CCG is better. MTG is a historically significant card game. I wouldn't invest in the new stuff myself though. Old cards (Alpha rares etc) are good investments. The dead CCG stuff hasn't caught on much but I see value for myself. No guarantees it will catch on. Was thinking about doing some buyouts on Legends rares, but the supply out there seems quite big to overcome (even if I bought a few hundred). It seems stuff like Arabian Nights, Legends and Antiquities rares have had some buyouts that have pumped the price (I feel those could be quite volatile in the future compared to Alpha rares). Then looking at Alpha rares, swear the price has doubled over the last 6 months or so lol. Also difficult to buy MTG stuff in the UK, lots of import duties etc. Having said that, just had a bunch of artist proofs arrive today.

tbf I have not looked much into it. I do look at someone like Rudy though, he sells all these modern boxes etc but keeps buying and hoarding vintage mtg stuff.

youtube.com/watch?v=oOaokTQpCmo

How tightly is the TCG market correlated with the stock markets in your opinion? If it’s like crypto, it will pump in tandem