Bros, I think a financial collapse is coming. What to do with my 401k?

I have about 50k in a 401k and I think a shitstorm is brewing and I was thinking I'd take the penalty, cash it in and park it until the bottom drops. I'm sure it's stupid but I don't know what to do with this money.

Attached: diamond hands.gif (480x298, 242.19K)

leave your pocketchange in the market fucking idiot. It will be significantly higher by the time you actually retire

1. Don't try to time the market. It rots your brain and you'll keep doing it until you lose it all.
2. Your 401(k) has some sort of money market fund or stable value fund. If you MUST time the market, park your money in one of those. DO NOT WITHDRAW THE MONEY. IT WILL LOSE ITS TAX ADVANTAGED STATUS.

Trade it for BTC if you think it'll go up again in the coming years, which is pretty obvious to most. If you put it on a wallet, at least it's safe and you know you'll always have it. At any time, the government could make up some crisis or excuse to take that 401k from you. I'm saying stupid things if everything is fine for 10-20 more years, but are you sure it will be? I don't trust it, never will.

Thanks for the ideas, I could keep half in a ETF and half in BTC. Could be a good hedge.

you buy xsp puts (leaps) and sell out when there's a pullback. i work in tax and saw a rich dude who made a lot of money on puts in 2021, despite the market being in such a bull run. pretty good hedge for his fuck-ton of dividend stocks.

oh my god, you crypto people are mentally fucking retarded.

50-50.avi

Attached: cpi-vs-sp500-plot-2022-08-07-2.png (1000x1003, 220.49K)

Do not listen to any dollar cost averaging shill. DCA is a bull market strategy that assumes number will always go up. You just need to wait bro!

Buy US government bonds.

This nigga gets it

Why do you think they make it so difficult to access your own money in your 401(k)? For *your* protection, right?

don't cash it out or you pay taxes and a 10% penalty. rebalance it to a bond portfolio. my vangaurd 401k has "US Bond Index Fund" and "Stable Value Fund."

Gold

Your 401k is unironically probably going to be drained by the hedgefunds to pay for this BBBY/GME shit going on when they're finally forced to pay up

Inflation will kill cash a lot faster than it will kill your investments so leaving it where it is is a lot better than cashing out unless you have a great plan on how to invest that cash that'll double and triple it.
You can roll your 401k into physical precious metals through one of those gold dealers like Birch Gold. The full value of the 401K goes towards buying market price gold, silver, platinum or even palladium if you want and they store in a physical location for a annual service. If you opt to take possession of the gold before the 401K's maturity date you are taxed on the income for early withdrawal. But keep in mind if the market recovers and everything shoots up to the moon your gold is going to just sit where it is and possibly even go down.

Sell everything so I can buy more, you idiotic fucking retard.

That’s a painful graph to read

this is why wordcels shouldnt make charts

And AMC. Well I guess I'm screwed no matter what I do with it.

No, not AMC. AMC is what they're using to delay it. They're long AMC.