Steve Austin

For the millennials and boomers out there: was he actually good? Good meaning: better than the best superstars we have now?

Attached: sddefault.jpg (640x480, 41.3K)

for entertainment value, sure

bringing him back now just screams desperate though. Scared of AEW

he was good, but vince was the megadraw

Yes

He was the ringmaster you know

Scared of a regional company that can't even run the west coast. Lmao okay.

The jobbers of the 90s were better than the main eventers today, and the main eventers of the 90s were head and shoulders above everyone else. That wasn't the boom period "just because".

Yes user he was good, but that was twenty years ago now he will suck just like Mick Foley, or Kurt Angle

Good as in wrestling? He was always good on mic.
Pre-Owen Sawdusting: Legitimately one of the best in ring, able to go toe to toe with Bret and HBK.
Post- Sawdust to about 02: GOAT Brawler
02 on: Please retire, you're in serious pain

>Good meaning: better than the best superstars we have now?
Yeah and it's not even close. Austin was a SUPERSTAR. Wrestlers today are "superstars".

He was good. Just the Jannetty to The Rock

There was a time in the late 1999/early 2000 when Stone Cold alone rivaled Pokémon as an entire brand

bullshit
without austin rock doesn't become the star he is today

Austin accomplished more in wrestling while Rock accomplished more in entertainment.

his promos are better than his matches

He took a stunner from a woman so no. Also, while I give Adam Page grief for being a reddit cowboy who thinks drinking and saying le S word is cool, what's gonna happen when Austin goes out there is say the H word and spill half a beer on the mat then leave, and for WWE fans this will come off as breaking the mold. Also Kevin Owens looks like a slob that shoot drinks more than Austin and that's not a good thing. Seeing him work with Jericho wasn't enough to make me interested in him so I don't see Austin getting him over any better.

I enjoyed Austin's matches with Angle and Taker though. Also pic related.

Attached: tfw.png (323x202, 152.76K)

this is what kids today will never understand
today you have
>AEW SUPERSTAR CM PUNK
>AEW SUPERSTAR STING
>AEW SUPERSTAR SUPERSTAR TAZ
Back then it was
>STEVE AUSTIN (wwf wrestler)
>THE ROCK (wwf wrestler)
>THE UNDERTAKER (wwf wrestler)
completely different era

ok boomer

>Good as in wrestling?
all-around. As a needle mover so to speak

Rock rode the wave Stone cold started.

Rock even admits this fs

attitude era boom period boomer
i'm a monday night war veteran, you little shit

the only reason WWF still exists like it is was him carrying the company financially and creatively for 4 years. then when WCW died vince decided to fuck with him because stone cold was never how vince wanted his top guy to act or look like.

Rock was bigger than austin ever was and thats a shoot

As a wrestler: average to great, hindered by injuries for sure
As a redneck gimmick: Hilarious, and iconic
though started to overstay his welcome when booking had to work around his legs coming off
Overall : Solid 4/5

Latter day boomers are based.

Austin is my favourite ever. I'm so disappointed he's coming back. I hope he doesn't shit on his legacy. I can only assume he's doing this now because he's got cancer or something.

Rock outdrew Austin and was better than him.

>got pushed harder than Austin only to job out to him anyway
Rockbros..