PMD thread

Post about PMD
Argue over who the best character in the plot is
Post PMD artwork

Attached: pokemon square 2005.jpg (1663x1080, 1.24M)

The krabby picture in Sword and Shield could be seen as a reference but it's a bit ambiguous

Attached: Possible reference.jpg (1920x1920, 2.65M)

It's close, but it's probably just a common shot.
If there were two I would be more inclined to believe it.

Anything narratively you guys think is either lacking or cliche in the Mystery Dungeon universe? Working on a PMD comic for fun and I want it to stand out, even though the genre is action.

Or fuckin', ignore the word narratively, anything lacking or cliche in PMD period?

No one remembers Gladion's theme??

i do purity forest runs for fun
how autistic am i?

Attached: 1653851365478.gif (192x192, 200.69K)

multi hit moves and speed boosts are kind of ridiculous.

This is an old series, and has a whole lotta fanfics and fan comics.
EVERYTHING has been done before in some form.

What kind of story do you want to tell? Tell that instead of hyper focusing on being too cliché or not being new enough.

not as autistic as me. I made an rng manip route to guarantee success in Purity Forest that involved using Electrode's Sonicbooms and warp scarf manipulations.

Depends, how many pokes have you done it with?

Attached: Meowth.jpg (640x480, 33.18K)

Yeah, you're right. My real goal is improving as an artist, I want to get better at dynamic posing, and action, maybe dip into horror. But bridging together the action, I want to do character stories that are about overcoming flaws. Guess I shouldn't be thinking too "big" about it. Thanks!

post art of your two main characters RIGHT NOW

so far, 33

>I want it to stand out, even though the genre is action.
Isn't action pretty rare in the pmd comic realm? Most of the things I've seen around are textwall dramas where the action is structured like edgy superhero stuff (very little is visually demonstrated, instead the little moves that happen have a bunch of monologing attached)
what type of action you're going for anyway?

Now that i learned that i can change my main pokemon with a code, i've been replaying EoS over and over and over just to be different pokemon running through Treasure Town

Your hero and partner are not special, their story isn’t unique, and you will never create content that reached the popularity of the greatest PMD creators.

Attached: 17C5EC14-16A3-4971-ADFD-7216AB6E5C3F.jpg (1125x1500, 117.22K)

I know what you're talking about
I always felt like that was just a coincidence

not bad, is this original RT or RTDX?

It'd be a coincidence if it wasn't on a characteer like Gladion but it is...

original RT, i don't really like how it plays in RTDX.

>the greatest PMD creators
You mean the guy who made Conquest of Sky?

What are the downsides of Rescue Team DX?
Is it as perfest as everyone said back when it came out?

Attached: 1654986291107.png (600x600, 583.73K)

idk man that garchomp plushie says otherwise

RTDX has a lot of stuff to do with Rare Qualities and recruiting others mid-run for more of them. It's pretty unique as far as PMD level 1's go.

Outside of artstyle which i think if perfectly fine there's not much wrong with it at all.

Temporarily without tools to do digital art, so I figure I'll spare you a pencil drawing taken with a phone (plus, fuckin, I'm still kinda not confident in my skills. I used to draw every day, but college put a four year hiatus on that.) But there are three main characters, two best friends, and a reluctant third ally.
Well, most of the comics I read in general are pretty action focused, but yeah, you're right. It's mainly shipping and the most basic of furry stuff. Action is gonna be pretty important, most of the exploring will deal with capturing outlaws, so I definitely want to highlight the action, and challenge myself with dynamic poses, and make it more than just beam clashes and whatnot. What I really like in things like PokeSpe or FoC is when a seemingly lame ability or move is used creatively to make it intimidating and lethal. I have a few ideas already for turning some lame mons into forces to be reckoned with, that still allow them to have engaging stories. I have no idea if that answered your question, but my hopes for the action is greater than my skills are now, but that's okay, because by pushing myself, I'm gonna get to that point.