/nuz/ - Nuzlocke and Challenge Run General

Editian and Edition

>What are you runing?
>How are you running it?
>How's your run going?
>Are you doing a weird ruleset? And if so, what is it?

Question of the thread: What's your stance on using legendaries in your runs?

/nuz/ resources
Mostly outdated, but if I add something new it will have (Updated) somewhere in it. Let me know if there's something that needs updated if you have something to replace it with.
Nuzlocke info
pastebin.com/8b3rHGuX
>Nuzlocke generator
nuzlocke-generator.herokuapp.com/
nuzlocke-generator.com/
>Guide to running the generator locally
pastebin.com/etNFB00r
>Links to official games (thru Sw/Sh)
pastebin.com/hsJ0TaJ7
>Romhack links
pastebin.com/GzWfs9Bz
pastebin.com/GfJ9zhqx
>Definitive emulator info (note that OpenEmu is the best option for Macfags period as RBY through B2W2 may all be played on it and all run smoothly)
pastebin.com/HmVC99sZ
>Difficulty list
pastebin.com/vvwTEgwJ
>Pokémon Nuzlocke images
mediafire.com/file/sxu318m9an5ulbm/
>Pokémon Bank sprites
mediafire.com/file/ueadxvt1f52m0md/
>Pokémon Home Sprites
projectpokemon.org/docs/spriteindex_148/home-sprites-gen-1-r128/
>Additional templates
mediafire.com/file/vmfck3jdowgn472
>(UPDATED)user's Level Caps Doc
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZOwQ2MnzKF-fJuSGEkTUIenGbPoZymS6jYrY6zIbzkk/edit#gid=1752410600

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1390049280729.jpg (1280x906, 370.48K)

I guess I'll start.

Unfortunate turn of events with Clair. I probably could have trained more, but hindsight is always 20/20. The way to Blackthorn was obviously fine, and none of the Gym Trainers gave me too much trouble besides one guy with the Dragonair who caught me off guard and nearly took down Roswell with a Dragon Rage. Of course the real problem was yet to come.

>Clair
The plan was to just roll with Ice Punch and see where I was at when Kingdra came out. The first two Dragonairs went down to Flats with Ice Punch, but by the time they were done he was fairly low and paralyzed, so I made the switch to Diana. Who took a surprising about of Damage and also got paralyzed from a Dragonbreath on the switch, she finished the job with her own Ice Punch but was obviously in no condition to fight on.

Roswell was the obvious choice to switch in on Kingdra. Who tanked a Dragonbreath fairly well, but after one Thundershock was staring down death from a Surf. Switched again, this time to Aapep, I hoped Sludge Bomb would take it down. It did a decent amount of damage and poisoned, but couldn't finish the job. Aapep died to another Surf. Switched to Quechua knowing this was probably my only chance, I got a turn of respite when she used her potion, and fired off Night Shade. Quechua took a hyper beam VERY well, and between the poison and her Night Shade, sealed the deal.

It sucks, but Victory Road awaits, for better or for worse.

Attached: Crys6.png (1200x1274, 345.08K)

I decided to bench Gloom because it's level-up moves are terrible, but I'm going to bring it back on the team for the eighth gym and league.
I got through the Winona battle deathless. Skarmory handled her Altaria pretty well and the rest of her team was pretty weak. The team Magma and Aqua hideouts were both easy.

>Question of the thread: What's your stance on using legendaries in your runs?
I usually don't like using legendaries. A lot of them feel too powerful and make the games too easy. I have used some of the low BST legendaries, like 10% Zygarde, in the past though.

RIP Arbok. Do you have any idea who you're going to replace him with?

Attached: Emerald Nuzlocke 4.png (1170x1136, 276.24K)

Guy that died to clay yesterday here
>try once again
>first gym, lose patrat for being stupid
>route 3, Tepig dies to crit quick attack
>pinwheel forest, Blitzle dies to crit quick attack
>pinwheel forest again, lose lvl16 pansage to a lvl15 sawk while hunting audinos
>Got only 3 mons for lenora
>only lvl22 liepard survives
>Go through pinwheel dodging trainers
>caught scraggy on route 4
>dies to a crit bug bite in the first turn of the first fight of the gym
Is it over already?
Will I lose to over leveling, ignoring the fact that I only have a dark type for the bug gym that is

>Congrats, dude! Way to go ending it with all the lads intact. Are you going to run another game?
Yes, i'm considering Crystal at the moment, but for now i'm gonna take a break from Nuzlocking. Last thing i want is another three year long burnout.

It's been a while since i played White, but Castelia Sewers and the desert route might be available to you.

Would it be considered cheating if I used the Dream Radar to get an extra encounter for Black 2? I caught a Munna.

This has been an incredibly chill playthrough, no big obstacles just throwing pokeballs and filling my dex as I nuzlocke rules only my possible party pokemon. I've filled 120 spots in the dex on my way to the E4.
I decided to bench Snorlax for Jynx since the lax has other appearances while Jynx really doesn't, I also had a lack of Special attackers as well.

I know these games are babby's first pokemon but I'd say that this is the most fun way to play Kanto.
There's variety in pokemon you can get and what you fight, you get to catch a bunch of pokemon you usually don't run into, There's callbacks and ties into the HGSS games.
Also it's the best looking traditional pokemon game to date and the few cutscenes that are there look nice, the Marowak one especially.

That kingdra is nasty, it's far too beefy and strong, RIP Aapep.
Xatu kind of sucks in GSC, it doesn't learn any decent moves and get Psychic at 60. What are you going to bring to the league? Espeon with Bite, Tentacruel, Politoed, and Granbull are all decent options.

Attached: LetsGoEevee_Nuzlocke_Party3.png (1200x938, 451.38K)

Does anyone have the Citra compatible 3DS roms?

The plan is to definitely get Espeon on the team right now. I wanted Xatu to work, but yeah, it’s slowing down. I think Tentacruel for the other slot, unless something changes my mind at the last minute.

My troglodyte ass got it working, hallelujah!

Starting a Omega Ruby run with Mawile as my starter. AS would then be Sableye.
I can't randomize TMs anymore but it's okay. I might abstain from doing that in Gen5 too. Gen4 is easy enough to do without TMs but Gen5 and up the movesets are too broad to not have decent movesets.

Yeah Xatu gets Future Sight at 35, Confuse Ray at 50, and Psychic at 60. Feels almost like this is a beta set when they hadn't figured out the level curve yet.
Get Eevee to 30 so it learns Bite, it's amazing on Espeon from it's 130 Sp.Atk.

Attached: OmegaRuby_Nuzlocke_Party1.png (1200x600, 224.88K)

Bede's a pretty funny character, I like him.

I'd honestly just restart the run, too many bad losses and I don't see you ever getting past Clay or Elesa with these losses unless you get really lucky.
Skarmory walls Winona pretty hard. I imagine Slaking pretty much annihilates anything in your path, right?
RIP, losing Arbok this late stinks.
I'd say you can count it, it's just a Munna.

Attached: painlocke XI.png (1592x1600, 982.46K)

Opal's a pretty funny character, I like her.
>Opal sends out the Weezing, I send out Bertha. Bertha kills the Weezing with a few Flash Cannons.
>Opal sends out the Mawile, I swap out to Pumice to Drill Run the Mawile to death.
>Opal sends out her Togekiss and it is taken to the red by an Accelrock. I get a cheeky idea and swap to Hypercam who takes a weak Air Slash and takes out the Togekiss with a Flash Cannon.
>Opal then takes out her ace Alcremie, Dynamaxes, and goes for a Max Starfall that crits. Hypercam then uses Mirror Coat and utterly FUCKS the Alcremie.
Feeling pretty stylish. Listening to Megaman music while battling is like listening to Eurobeat while driving, holy shit.

Early game Mawile seems pretty good, right? Shame it's not good until you get it's mega.

Attached: painlocke XII.png (1602x1560, 955.17K)

Progress: Well, the S.S. Anne and the Surge has been quenched, but in the aftermath of it all, I've come to accept the term the universe has laid out to me: the universe does not want me to have a Diglett.

Attached: leafgreennuzlocke04.png (1317x679, 164.75K)

Repostin for the new thread

Charged!N

Lead with Caesar and drain some Dic- I mean Boldore! The Joltik is next and dies to two Strengths. Ferro comes in and gets Super Fang'd, then I send in McNugget and Air Slash + Rocky Helmet kill it. Last up is Klink who gets digged by Curly Fry

Almost got my ass handed to me by a rotation battler on route 7. Did not expect a full team of 32 there, since Skyla is 35 max. And I have to say, not overleveling before Skyla is a hoot and a half. It's lucky I needed to train Zigeuner otherwise I'd be using half my team. Level 32+ trainers that are almost impossible to skip.
>Skyla
It took 4 sparks to decimate her entire team. Did not get hit once, because Unfezant went for a Razor Wind it could not complete.
F for Aapep. At least you can add another Dragon Killer on the team
Is your Gloom going to become a Vilepile or a Bello-jello? Also how's Sally working for ya?
Hm you're almost selling me on Let's Go. I just don't like Kanto.
Based! Is your set-up made for gaming or do you have a laptop?
The Gym Leaders in Galar are pretty neat, it's just that Leon and Hop are so fucking boring. Favorite mon this run?
I really love your team, man! Sandslash is one bulky fucker.

Attached: Brooding Black.png (1460x912, 568.86K)

I have a pretty good gaming pc... for 2015.
I haven't really run into any trouble getting things to run but then again most giant blockbuster games aren't worth playing on PC anyway, most are optimized for console or are a shitty buggy mess not worth playing.

bump

Alright I think we're ready. Spent the morning pumping Metamorpho with as many X Speeds as necessary, alongside leveling him and just carrying him around to hit the evo before 36 and get Psybeam. Very worth it. Picked up some Giftmons I should have gotten before, evolved Y, and set off.

>Silver
Nothing super exciting here. Diana did most of the work, bulking the Meganium and taking down half his team with punches. The rest was a mop up job.

45 seems like a good number after some grinding and a VERY close call with a selfdestructing Graveler. I'm not sure what the usual rule is for Kanto re: the listed level caps. But I don't really feel like training different Pokemon just to fight Janine and Brock, especially with the grind needed to fight Red, so I'm leaning towards going to use these guys through all of Kanto.

>Question of the thread: What's your stance on using legendaries in your runs?
I'm ambivalent. I don't really like them, but not enough to say "No" outright. Usually the standard rules are enough to stop you from getting one unless you're doing some cheese with repels, which I don't have any interest in.

Nice job on Let's Go. I really should give it a shot from what you're saying. I have LGP lying around somewhere, and I played a little, but was kind of burnt out at the time.

Good clean fight. I hope Bertha sticks around on the team.

Who needs Diglett when you have Sandslash?

I saw Ceasar was off the team and was worried for a moment. That being said, easy day compared to Clay. Had to do a double take when I first looked up what "Zigeuner" was.

Attached: Crys7.png (1200x1318, 385.61K)

Did you know the whole E4 practically gets solo'd by an Espeon with Bite and Psybeam? I didn't until now.

>Will
With Bite it was very easy to say the least.

>Koga
A little trickier, but not by much. Lead with Metamorpho again, and took out Ariados. Forrtress forced a switch to Diana, who handled it and Venomoth. With Muk, I wanted to switch back to Metamorpho. Unfortunately one minimize was enough for it to dodge a Psybeam and I was forced out again after a Sludge Bomb. It couldn't really do anything to Roswell though, who Thundered both it and Crobat.

>Bruno
As easy as Will. Especially because I got Psychic mid-fight.

>Karen
The Umbreon is a pain in the ass. Diana just couldn't make a dent. I eventually switched to Roswell, and Thundered it. Houndoom was next and I made the switch to Flats, only for roar to send out Gibraltar. EQ OHKO'd. It turns out Petal Dance does practically nothing to a Tentacruel, Icy Wind handled things from there. Gibraltar finished Murkrow and Gengar.

>Lance
Lead with Roswell, turn one we both setup Rain on each other. I used Thunders for Gyarados and the Lv50 Dragonite (Which apparently has Fire Blast, so bad idea in retrospect). Outrage made a dent so I sent out Flats for Dragonite 2, only to have him Paralyzed by Thunder Wave. Nearly killed Flats with Thunder too, but we hung on by a thread, and got off an Ice Punch. It didn't faint so I switched to Gibraltar. At first I wanted to setup a Rollout that could take out the rest of his team, but Twister flinched twice in a row, so I just used Strength because I couldn't afford missing. Diana ate a Hyper Beam to take down the next Dragonite. I was incredibly greedy and stayed in on Aerodactyl for that 4x Ice Punch, and it payed off because after another Hyper Beam, Diana was at 2 HP and Aerodactyl was dead. This left Charizard, so I switched to Y. Used Surf, and took home the Gold.

Kanto awaits!

Maybe it is true when they say you are your own worst enemy. My hubris and stupidity has killed far more pokemon than the enemy trainers at this point.
Speaking of hubris and stupidity, I am bringing a Beedrill to the E4! I have a box full of better pokemon that I could use but it felt wrong bringing a random pokemon to the final battle, so instead I unboxed an old teammate. Hopefully this doesn't end in a bloodbath.

Attached: nuzlocke-807af1ed-fb3c-4a90-8ef2-0cb7d918c089.png (1200x931, 446.02K)

In gen games 2-3, can the E4 be beaten with one dupe clause manip'd S tier mon like in RBY, while being respectful of the level caps?