Stock market bros, how does a beginner build a strategy for trading...

stock market bros, how does a beginner build a strategy for trading? so far one rule i've learnt the hard way is never go all in

Attached: 39_years.jpg (500x368, 49.34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Manifest the outcome

Go all in but only on SQQQ for the upcoming heeming

how do you deal with hindsight: what could have been, only if i held alittle longer, why did i hold so long, ect am i not cut out or is there a learning curve where you stick to a strategy?

Manifest the outcome
None of this is real

If you're serious about this, the first thing you should study is probability theory and how it applies to gambling, because unless you're doing something illegal all bets on the stock market are probabilities, not certainties, and therefore are equivalent to gambling.

Afterwards, you need to study how to estimate stock market moves in terms of probabilities so that you can apply that to probability knowledge in terms of quantifying risk vs. return.

thanks user
i remeber a little about Bayes theorem from my philo prob class and the gambelllers fallacy
I'll start with probability theory

also, is trading stocks like trading crypto?

Same principles but they don't trade 24/7. You'll get very little slippage and the best spreads trading stuff like ES and NQ futures. Bonds too but that shit is SLOW.

>best spreads in ES and NQ futures
because of high volume?

just do it the right way and learn macro first. Technicals are like learning to swim, you'll learn as you go

Buy high sell low

bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

dat shit don't work...or does it ?

figure out if you're a trader or an investor
find the time frame you want to work in
manage risk vs reward
make consistent trades based on a criteria

hey user, good literature or source for this? I would like to know more. Thanks!

Trade very small size when you start out so yu can get a feel for various strategies. Paper trading is mostly bullshit since you won't feel any emotions and you'll get perfect executions with 0 slippage or have any issues with liquidity.
Figure out what you're trying to be
-Trader
-Investor
If you're a trader then you'll want to learn technical analysis.
If you're an investor you'll want to learn fundamentals with some basic technical analysis thrown in

I trade Wedges/Flags the most for chart patterns
Individual candle patterns like Hammers, Shooting Stars, Gravestone Dojis, and Inside Bars. Flat top resistance plays, clear sky breakouts, gap and craps, are some others I like to trade. As well as strong momo plays in small caps when those heat up.
Don't try to stretch yourself to thin when you're starting out, pick like 2-4 strategies and really try to master them or play around with them to see if they fit your style/personality.
And then for the love of god log your trades, I'd post the excel spreadsheet template I use, but I'm not at my trading computer at the moment.
Most new traders only focus on their winning trades and mentally block out their losing trades. A good quote I learned a while back is that "The key/blue print to your future winners are locked in today's losers". Study you're fucking losses. Managing your losses comes first, you can have all the big wins you want, but if you don't learn from losers, manage your bankroll, stop out when you're supposed to, etc.... then you will go broke quickly.

And try to be targeting 2:1 Risk/Reward on your trades.
Entry Price - Stop Loss Price = Risk Per Share
Target Price - Entry Price = Gain Per Share
Your Potential Gain should be atleast 2x what your risk is.
If your entry is $215, your target is $220 and your stop is at $214; then you're risking $1 per share to make $5, that's 5:1 and a good trade.
If you're entry is $215, your stop is at $212, and you're targeting $218, you're risking $3 to make $3 and that's 1:1 which is shit.
When entering a trade you should always know where you're supposed to enter, what your price target is or has the potential to reach, what you're stop loss is, so that you can properly gauge risk/reward.

And always look at the Daily time frame before you enter a trade, even if you're trading on 5 min charts. If you have a major resistance level on the daily/weekly/monthly, you'll often times slam into an "invisible wall" and reverse out of nowhere and you'll be like "wtf, that was a good looking bull flag".
Monthly - Satellite View
Weekly - Airplane View
Daily - Helicopter View
Hourly - Apartment Window View
5 Min - Street Level View
1 Min - Magnifying Glass VIew
They'll all look at the same thing, but give you wildly different perspectives.

I just built a bot that overlays TA on top of charts of everytime frame and trades accordingly.