Ideas for overhauling Pokémon's Type system? Not merely adjusting Type effectiveness...

Ideas for overhauling Pokémon's Type system? Not merely adjusting Type effectiveness, I'm talking about tearing the entire Type system itself down and rebuilding it from the ground up.

Attached: sAC1t23.png (1278x957, 190.25K)

why? its current incarnation is fine and practically defines what Pokemon is

Mmmmmm delicious looking buttocks

Yeah I dont see the point unless you already have an idea in mind that would make the game better.

>Sequel never
Why?
It had such good artstyle too.

I think it actually sold alright, but it still may be seen as too niche of a concept to blow up and get the sales that TPC would want. I'm also not sure who at Koei Tecmo would be down to make it. At minimum, have a feeling it would end up having 3D characters compared to the original.

Why would I want to do that?

Someone on >reddit
unironically had a decent idea. I'll look for it in a bit.

Have you no imagination, no creative ambition. What's already good can always be even better

Saw a fake leak saying that each type had only two weaknesses defensively and everything was super effective against two other types offensively. Personally I didn’t mind that.

do you? give some ideas first

For starters, make her butts bigger

Why don't you start?

>Black hole

Attached: pepe-nervous[1].gif (493x498, 1.35M)

Why don't you deflect some more

user, are you okay? That hole wouldn't be black.

>they know

types aren't visible, each pokemon has invisible tags which affect how they interact with different moves and whatnot, most trainers will have some preferred tag, but they won't necesarily be the same 18 ones we're familiar with.
like some trainers will only train bird pokemon, while others are more general flying, etc

>that pose
>foul play
>black hole
mmmmMMMMmmmm

Types on Pokemon are more like suggestions for what they might get damaged by. Generally speaking, Fire-types will get hurt by water, but some will get hurt more than others. Pokemon themselves are damaged by different types on a case-by-case basis.

For example, Charizard:
>Takes 2.25x damage from Water-type attacks, as water is especially lethal to the Charizard line, but Charizard is "dragon" enough to not make it a higher multiplier
>Takes 1.8x damage from Electric-type attacks, as having small amounts of "dragon energy" dampens the weakness
>Takes 1.2x damage from Dragon-type attacks
et cetera et cetera. Arcanine, as another example, would take less damage than Charizard from Dragon-type attacks, but still have a small offensive and defensive damage multiplier (1.1x) due to latent amounts of "dragon energy" in its genome (hence why it's able to use Dragon Pulse and Outrage).

Pokemon also have different type effectiveness bonuses, instead of just STAB. For example, Charizard has:
>1.5x Fire-type effectiveness bonus
>1.25x Flying-type effectiveness bonus (secondary type)
>1.2x Dragon-type effectiveness bonus

>make the game more complicated without improving it at all
impressive

undo the physical/special split happening in gen 4 and instead introduce a defense/offense split.
Pokemon now have a defense type that sets its type weaknesses and resistances but not its STAB. and an offensive type that sets its STAB but not its weaknesses/resistances.