Jesus fuck trustwallet just generated me a used eth address. shit was used like 650 days ago. empty now ofc but wtf...

jesus fuck trustwallet just generated me a used eth address. shit was used like 650 days ago. empty now ofc but wtf? this shouldn't happen

weak entropy in their seed generation process? anyone with a handle on this shit have any thoughts?

off the top of my head their process is:

entropy generation (probably their weak point)
checksum generation
split the string to 12 substrings each w/ 11 bits
convert each substring to decimal
their decimal value determines position on the bip39 wordlist

after the mnemonic is generated its just a matter of key derivation, i could be wrong but i think they use SECPK22500(sp) for their EVM addresses which is up to standard

pardon the retarded grammer im on mobile and cant be fucked atm

so yea i wonder what the fuck jenky ass entropy generation theyre using

and how can i profit from this

Attached: 2F4363FC-03F2-48BD-A9BC-FFFF4BF215A2.jpg (1242x1457, 543.57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

iancoleman.io/bip39/
github.com/trustwallet/wallet-core
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: 1659418851004746.gif (250x188, 1.19M)

interesting user.perhaps make a script to keep making addresses until u get a used one again, ie try and replicate the issue. if u can, then keep doing it until you find one with cash in it.

Hey, that’s my wallet u mind not touching any of my assets?

>found the uphold user

the txs were small like 0.002 eth lol. eth was about 150$ back then too

What’s your device / os version / app version?
Gonna check

i alwasy wondered why nobody has made a program script that makes unlimited wallets until all permutations are complete

fake op 99.99%

if you wanna prove it (tho not even really)

paste private key for that dup in your screenshot

You have no idea how wallet keys are generated do you?

iphone 8 / 15.1 / 7.15

thanks to you im 7$ richer for a net worth total of 7$. found it while checking trustwallets version in the app store. kek. score.

i do actually ive written millions of python scripts doing this exact thing.

it's not brain surgery user, bip_utils is a thing

but go ahead, give us your version

check it out, i made the account to get some green dragon from a thread posted here 2 weeks ago on BSC. i just checked again today and noticed the same addy was active on eth 600+ days ago.

trustwallet doesnt give priv keys for
multi wallets i dont think, but heres the mnemonic.

cream eight sight draft ecology tenant forum name victory dinner evolve poet (its empty obv)

iancoleman.io/bip39/

--> paste --> select coin type ethereum --> first address/priv key on the list should be the same deriv path as metamask/trustwallet

thx for proof but still 90% sure thats just your old address

10% chance trustwallet got some dodgy entrophy

ive made scripts that literally generate and check thousands every second but i have little hope of ever finding one, chances are basically 0.

the only way this is possible is they just have a flawed method of entropy generation. their code is open source: github.com/trustwallet/wallet-core

but i dont know c++ just java and python.

ill try and figure out how they go about it

>post proof
>OP posts proof
>ok but its insufficent proof
fuck off stop wasting people’s time

lmao its not full proof (which i what i said in my first post)

>not using opensource wallets to generate keys

i go through about 18 phones a year and im not a retarded boomer that lets his seeds get uploaded to icloud just for some rickshaw salesmans brother to help himself to

i created a trustwallet fresh on that day to stay user receiving that green dragon shitcoin from a randy user here

Don't these key generators at least check if the address is new or not? Wtf? I get it's a sub-atomic chance but it still should be checked for completeness.

then ask for full proof or dont ask at all
wasted quads

it is opensource you meatball see above

ultramega apocalypse happening if true.
imagine if you landed on a binance cold wallet