Why do gym leaders and the elite 4 not use full teams of 6, in lore...

Why do gym leaders and the elite 4 not use full teams of 6, in lore? Obviously it would be too difficult for the kiddies playing the game but why do they deliberately dumb themselves down for random challengers?

Attached: 010.png (374x376, 177.76K)

to encourage you to play against human opponents

Cause gym leaders are like prethought tests and that's why they give badges to access the league. And by the same logic the elite 4 too since they're stable and can't be overthrown. They're more like a job than an earned position, but it would be cooler if it was like when you beat a gym eader you can choose to be that gym leader (by lore)

More Pokemon =! More difficult.
It's also pain in ass to build level curve around it - You need vastly less exp in early game so it makes sense for trainers to use less Pokemon to give you less experience. Also starting with 6 fully smogon'd Pokemon is retarded because it makes difficulty curve DESCEND through the game - trainers can't get more difficult and you'll have more and more available options.

Instead of trying to copying (and failing miserably) competitive scene, we should look at other jrpgs. Pokemon's problem as jrpg is that players, random mooks and bosses play by the same rules and have the same tools available. The answer should be giving Leaders Boss-exclusive Pokemon that will be difficult to take down and/or would have unique for them abilities and moves. Lore-wise explain it that Leaders are so skilled in training Pokemon that they pushed their most trusted partners beyond limits of their species or some shit.
...This actually sounds like Totem Pokemon with extra steps but desu Totem Pokemon was the only time when we got proper jrpg bosses, lol.

Gym leaders don't need to actually be difficult.
But they should seem impressive and give off the idea that they know what they're doing.

Can you read the post you flying fucking retard?
>in lore
>Obviously it would be too difficult for the kiddies
>IN LORE
Deliberately said "yes, I don't mean this for gameplay, but rather in-universe" and you still started screaming about gameplay.
Neck yourself fatty

Gym leaders are literally bosses of Pokemon games. They need to be more difficult than your generic mook. Problem is that with the same toolkit as both player and generic mooks they just cannot.
There's a reason why Brock is such a meme and why people are laughing because random Hiker in Mt.Moon could kick his black ass into oblivion. But just give him "Boss Onix" with bit more HP, special defense and ability to not crumble into pieces when you bring a glass of water or vegetable to the gym and he could be more special and impressive.

>mindlessly click A 6 times instead of 3 times
the actual thing they need to do is ditch gym leaders entirely. They fundamentally don't work as good bosses.

In lore you need to actually feed pokemon and take care of them.
It might just be very difficult to care for 6 mons at all times so they might just take a few with them.

What's your idea and why can't I reduce it to mindlessly click A?

>(By lore)
So what you are a gym leader in name only, or do you get to defend your title of gym leader. If it's the ladder then I think a Pokemon x Stardew valley game would work wonders

Elite four should all use 5 pokemon
Gym leaders should start with 3 and the final one having 5 or 6 pokemon
Also gym trainers should also have at least 2 pokemon

>What's your idea
Something like totem battles where you have to fight multiple opponents at once and the opponents get boosted stats or abilities.

>and why can't I reduce it to mindlessly click A?
Because you'll lose if you mindlessly click A.

>mindlessly click A on my Gyarados's Dragon Dance 6 times
>mindlessly click Waterfall a few times
Wow, you added one extra step of brainless gameplay. Good job

Good luck lasting 6 turns. I agree with that user I would prefer more battles like Totem Lurantis.

Ah yes, Totem Lurantis, the mon that can barely make a dent in any shitty Golbat you can find
Yeah it'll sure be difficult to survive 6 turns against this

Attached: Screenshot_20220720-143042_Chrome.jpg (670x919, 227.07K)

>>mindlessly click A on my Gyarados's Dragon Dance 6 times
You'll click A on Dragon Dance once and then die from the two boosted Pokemon attacking you at once. Good job.

Oh no, I might need to...move the game cursor to my potion bag to heal my setup mon when I see the HP bar getting low and the game blinking and beeping obnoxiously telling me I need to heal
Damn you've added 3 dimensions of complex battle strategy, truly a massive difference to Pokemon battles

Then how would you do it faggot?

I see no point in giving up gyms for what is overall a worse system. Totems can still be walled, statused, set up on, and killed just as easily as anything else, and there's just one of them. It also doesn't help that they came from a gen that literally has a oneshot nuke mechanic and hands you the proper nuke to kill said Totem before each one.
You could improve the gyms by giving them ways around their weaknesses, either by a variety of Pokemon, having "theme" teams instead of type teams, or by adding battlefield effects unique to the fight, like pic related, which is immensely harder than any shitty Totem fight.
On a greater scale you would probably have to look into making resource management harder and dungeons less easy. I would say that the ability to save anywhere should be nuked, but that makes faggots cry, so maybe not.
It's not like Pokémon needs to be super hard. It just needs to stop being a borefest. 6 mon teams without anything extra, or souped up boss mons that have no way of getting around the 1 million ways you can beat them are both boring.

Attached: Screenshot_20220720-151457_Sheets.jpg (1004x934, 320.52K)

>heal
>get debuffed or dropped to below 50% hp again on the same turn

Yep...dropped below 50% every turn...

Attached: Screenshot_20220720-152500_YouTube.jpg (1218x718, 239.13K)

>Brock
>black