Bet you the OU council is already having a meeting about banning this thing

bet you the OU council is already having a meeting about banning this thing

Attached: pawmi.jpg (1920x1080, 184.83K)

To be fair, considering how hard they've been trying to make pokemon a jrpg, the lack of ressurrent moves was weird.

The OU council is just a group of players who have a certain elo, a very high one which means that they know the game.

It’s not like the Jedi council were it’s like 10 selected people. Anyone can be apart of the OU council

This. If you're so smart and good at the game, prove it by gaining a high elo and join the council yourself. Be the change you want to see, user.

>a very high one which means that they know the game.
I wouldn't put it that far, there is some big tards up there.
And people who just parrot shit, most people aren't really autistic enough to go through it all really, so it is a particular flavor of person generally.

I'd put them at "atleast better than Finch" tier, but that ain't much of an accomplishment.

it takes those lazy cocksuckers a month to update the vr after locking the thread, they don't even know scarlet and violet are in development

>OU Council

Attached: 2a0.jpg (1589x985, 137.19K)

just say you suck at smogon, redrexy

>just say you suck at smogon, redrexy

Attached: images (2).jpg (224x225, 10.02K)

Because in most jrpgs you face off against opponents that are designed completely different than the player and if they ever have revive capabilities it's very limited. Pokemon however anything that gets made is available to everyone and so strategies can be on both sides of the equation and they have to take that into account.

>anything that gets made is available to everyone and so strategies can be on both sides of the equation
Doesn't that mean everything is balanced?

If everyone is using the same optimal min-maxed team, yes.

But people want variety, so no.

Could be a move that works differently in PvE vs. PvP.
But since Smogoncucks deserve pain, I hope Game Freak introduces a dumptruck of random bullshit.

Pokémon is already a JRPG and you could use Revive item for that ever since Gen1.

And that leads me to another point: the game is already balanced differently in PvE and PvP because the player(and some AI opponents) have access to items and of course you can switch every time you KO an enemy mon unless you are playing on Set.

Wonder Launcher meta in gen 5 had revives.

Never played but the meta sounds cool.

I wish you could play that on showdown. Played it like once or twice on BW, you better be ready for stall and long ass battles because that's what happens if you allow both players to heal themselves or use any stat boost.

Needs a mime and a naked guy in the corner to truly represent smogon

>The OU circus is just a group of fanfic schizos who have a certain ADHD spectrum, a very high one which means that they have certain headcanon about the game

Attached: 165807091838576.png (1348x1172, 313K)

If GF "introduces a dumptruck of random bullshit", omgon will just ban it away while VGC players actually have to deal with it for years

"Balance" in jrpg is not working like that.
It's player vs limited AI using predictable strategy. To make it truly balanced you need to give bosses tools that are of higher quality than what player can obtain. Sadly nobody understands it and we have 1222412321313 Pokemon hacks that try to push Smogonite's "balance" into single-player jrpg.

>To make it truly balanced you need to give bosses tools that are of higher quality than what player can obtain. Sadly nobody understands it and we have 1222412321313 Pokemon hacks
People literally do make hacks all the time where bosses have better tools than the player, and 'people' here throw tantrums over it