If Game Freak were to team up with Bandai Namco (now that they're done with Smash) to make a Super Smash Bros styled...

If Game Freak were to team up with Bandai Namco (now that they're done with Smash) to make a Super Smash Bros styled Pokemon fighting game, who do you suspect would be in the roster?

Attached: JbYVD[1].png (1028x647, 384.21K)

You mean Pokken?

Pokken but good

No, like Super Smash Bros Ultimate or Multiversus

>done with smash
The long-term contract they have signed says they'll be making that game till the end of time, even without master hero man.

>Drop
Scizor
Incineroar
Poliwrath
Dragapult
Pheromosa
Deoxys
Flygon

>Add
Mega Blastoise
Mega Venusaur
Mega Charizard Y
Mega Blaziken
Final evolutions for all 3 new starters

I would just start the roster by including every fully evolved starter. Yeah, I know that's 27 characters off the bat, but, whatever. It would prevent a ton of bitching and pretty much gaurentee that everyone gets at least one bro in the game. I'll add 1 wildcard pick from every gen, just so I keep the roster number very low and very reasonable.

Gengar
Scizor
Flygon
Lucario
Zoroark
Talonflame
Salazzle
Perrserker
Gen 9 Rep

That's 36 playable characters. Just for funsies, I'll say there's 2 secret fighters. Mew and Silvally. I went for really safe, boring picks for the most part, but I really do think safe picks are the way to go if you were going to make a game like this. Asking for more than 38 would be too much, so I won't bother, but if you're going with a roster that's trying to be somewhat reasonably sized, this is what I would personally do.

Attached: dhrdtghdr.png (250x175, 26.48K)

>The long-term contract they have signed says they'll be making that game till the end of time
Wait really?

>half of this cast is heavyweights
jesus christ how horrifying

>9 Fire types
>9 Water types
>9 Grass types
Not happening. You're getting Kanto starters + a couple of hanger-ons.

The only heavyweights there would be
>Dragonite
>Metagross (super heavy weight)
>Incineroar
>Machamp
>Tyranitar (super heavy weight)
>Rillaboom
>Aggron (super heavy weight)
>Buzzwole (super heavy weight)
>Charizard X
>Melmetal (super heavy weight)

I could imagine a 24 character roster on release that gets several "fighters passes" that double the size of the roster which get rolled into a Deluxe Version on the following console

I was talking about what I would personally do. I don't care that much about arbitrarily trying to fill a checkbox and include every type. Your criteria for a good roster is different than mine, ask any two pokemon fans what they would do and they would give you a different answer.

>You're getting Kanto starters + a couple of hanger-ons.

Then you have people bitching for the rest of time because they left out Typlosion and Swampert and Samurott etc etc, as I said, in my opinion I'd rather just start off throwing all those mother fuckers in and calling it a day.

A 24 character roster on release would probably just doom the game to fail. We've already seen that experiment play out. I think if Pokkens original release had the roster it has now if you get the deluxe version + DLC, it would have actually had legs and lasting appeal. The original game releasing with like 16 playable pokemon or something was an unacceptable joke. They blundered just as bad as Sony blundered with pic related. If you're going to bother making the game at all, do it right, because both Playstation All Stars and Pokken could have been very successful lasting franchises if they just had some more time and money thrown into them. I consider Pokken's current, final roster to be the absolute bare minimum of what I would call acceptable, and those fuckers still had the audacity to include Mewtwo and Pikachu twice for some fucking reason.

Attached: 8141VaCJkwL._SL1276_.jpg (1106x1276, 280.44K)

>Then you have people bitching for the rest of time because they left out Typlosion and Swampert and Samurott etc etc
Would you? Do people actually bitch about them being left out of, say, Pokken? Smash?

I think people realize there's a primacy to the starters. Top tier is Kanto, where Charizard is the supreme. Below them are the once shillmons like Greninja, Blaziken, and Cinderace. Most of the rest of the starters are in a pool at the bottom of the hierarchy. I say this as someone whose favorite starter (Infernape) will never get any real recognition from Game Freak, and I'm fine with it.

Attached: Braperace.png (1121x717, 1.14M)

Sample list of what I'd have in a Pokémon fighting game:

Aerodactyl/Archeops (sub-character)
- Aggron
- Arcanine (Hisuian form available as a sub-character)
- Aurorus
- Bewear
- Dragapult
- Feraligatr
- Ho-Oh
- Hoopa (unbound)
- Kommo-o
- Latios/Latias (sub-character)
- Metagross
- Pangoro
- Sawk
- Torterra
- Tyranitar
- Tyrantrum
- Zoroark

DBFZ's starting roster only had 23 characters with several repeats (2 Gohans, 2.5 Gokus, 2 Vegetas) and people were more than happy with it.

Bro, your shillmons...? Where's Pikachu? Charizard?

There would be shillmons of course. I avoided listing them just for a sample list I made so of course there will be Pikachu and Charizard, and maybe Lucario as well.

>Would you? Do people actually bitch about them being left out of, say, Pokken? Smash?

Yes, I'm forever angry I cannot play as Blastoise in Smash. If they put more starters in Pokken instead of wasting slots on garbage like Braixen, Croagunk, and Shadow Mewtwo I would be way happier with it and I would bet money a lot of other people would be too. I understand how much it means to people to have their favorite funky niche pick in like Chandelure or Croagunk, but I would argue adding less popular starters like Meganium, Emboar, Primarina and so on is a perfect balance between fan favorites and funky out there niche picks.

>Top tier is Kanto, where Charizard is the supreme. Below them are the once shillmons like Greninja, Blaziken, and Cinderace. Most of the rest of the starters are in a pool at the bottom of the hierarchy.

There will literally never be an agreed upon consensus for this, and there doesn't need to be, which is why I say just add all of them. You think I want any of the Galar starters shitting up the roster? Absolutely not, fuck all three of those pokemon, and honestly in my opinion fuck Infernape too. I would still add all of them just because I think that is the best way to make the largest amount of people at least somewhat happy, and I would rather represent every gen over representing every type.

DBFZs starting roster is the same size as Pokken's Deluxe re-release starter with DLC included then. There's a clear difference. I said earlier, if Pokken's starting roster in its original release was what it is now, the game probably would have actually succeeded. Not to mention DBFZ is still rolling out new characters, nobody bought that game with the expectation that more would not be continuously added. Pokken launched with no plans for DLC on the Wii U.

>Then you have people bitching for the rest of time because they left out Typlosion and Swampert and Samurott etc etc
Its not a Third Party's responsibility to give attention to every single character from a series they borrow from. Most Pokemon fans fully accept that; even fans of Pokemon that are constantly fucked over understand that. Cinderacefags were the only one Pokefags fragile enough to crying that their broken shillmon didn't get into Smash.

>Most Pokemon fans fully accept that; even fans of Pokemon that are constantly fucked over understand that.

I don't believe that's true, which is why Pokken failed despite actually being a pretty good game imo. Nobody expects the same things from Smash, because Pokemon is one very tiny piece of a much much bigger picture when it comes to Smash Bros. But if your game is a POKEMON fighting game with POKEMON only? You better bring more than 20 fucking characters. Smash has 10, while also representing like 30 different franchises or some shit (I pulled the number 30 out of my ass, you know what I mean).