Now that the dust has settled, why did it fail?

Now that the dust has settled, why did it fail?

Attached: 8B05A2D8-9349-49EF-88B1-CD41082CC62C.jpg (1000x1000, 210.62K)

It didn't fail, it was sabotaged by TPC because they were upset Game Freak didn't pick CHARIZARD

It sold 12 million copies.

discord thread

It's the best selling game of 2022 though

No Elden Ring is

I enjoyed it, beat it once, and I legitimately see no reason to ever turn the game on again. Which, is okay I guess, a game doesn't have to have value after beating it to be considered "alright", but that's it, it will never be more than "alright" because that holds it back way too much. I can spend that same 60 dollars for hundreds of hours of replayable entertainment I'll be able to go back and have fun with again, years from now. I did enjoy the game, but in 2022 games that you never want to touch again after beating once just don't stack up. Comparatively speaking, even the first playthrough of Sword and Shield is absolutely fucking awful and unforgiveable, in that way, Legends Arceus was a fantastic step up. But, sword and shield has online play, and that alone can probably entertain you for about the length of time it takes to beat Arceus, or longer. Though, that game also costed an extra 50% of the asking price.

All in all, both are kind of mediocre when compared to good games that aren't pokemon.

>highest-selling physical retail game in Japan for 2022
>failed
Pick one snoyboy.

In Japan, the highest selling game of 2022 is Arceus and by a considerable margin, January dead air and all. Which means it's not only outselling BDSP (which died utterly, when Lehgends launched, it seems) but also pressuring BW on the all-time list (it's been on the EU top 15 downloads list since launch too, even with only having 3 days in january to chart).

Literally the third best selling game of the year

Attached: FXtYrhCUcAIq_yT.jpg (1664x935, 245.69K)

He's not talking about the games commercial success, he's talking about it's cultural success. Everyone already beat it, shelved it, and will never care about or discuss the game ever again. Meanwhile Elden Ring will still have people playing about it, talking about it, and aping it ten years from now.

>moving goalposts
r'ing that poll screencap asking "favourite ever pokémon game" and legends being clear out-and-out winner.

I'm not OP faggot and I made that clear, don't talk about me moving goalposts just because you're too stupid to understand what he was getting at when he made the thread.

Yeah I loved Legends Arceus too when I got it, for like two weeks it was immensely fun. I don't regret buying it. I'll still never play that shit again, meanwhile I could start up a new file of fucking Red and Blue and enjoy playing it to completion for the 20th time in my life still.

No, you are. The fanbase have readily accepted the jump to open world, largely in part due to Legends (as no cunt was impressed with the wild area starting off and even I accepted it, knowing it was a needed step if they wanted to go open world, so didn't care about its actual implementation).
But sure, let's discount actiual metrics, to push a shitty headcanpon the most well-recieved game in the canon in a LONG fucking time failed, as it wasn't the ebin ORAS-clone remake you'd deluded yourself was gong to happen.
Put your penis replacement in your mouth and pull the trigger, you stupid cunt. You lost.

too many shills made it out to be goty, best pokemon title ever, etc, yet it had little to no substance. it was awful as fuck, boring, vapid. looks like a gamecube game.

Autism. I don't need to take you seriously.

>"n-no, I'm ignoring you because I can't counter-argue"
Concession accepted. Cry some more about your retarded copy-paste idea being dreams. I got MY series wish.

It's not failure. It's just fans having too short attention span on LA. People just don't talk too much about it anymore. Not because it's bad, it's because people are talking about other games more.
>People bought LA, enjoyed it, very satisfied
>then people already move on to hype on gen 9

It is close to be GOTY, until Elden Ring came. The closest one will be famitsu award.

Basically, people bought it, worth the purchase, and now the game stays at buyers' own shelves most of the time.

It didn't really fail though, it pretty much sold just as much as a pokemon game mid/generation always has, If they made this game for a new generation it would sell more because new gens ALWAYS sell more.

Stop making these fucking threads

It didn’t but it has just as much replayability as BW2. The tutorial is just way too long.

it wasn't enough of a game