Switching is now negative priority. How does this affect both Smogon and VGC?

Switching is now negative priority. How does this affect both Smogon and VGC?

Attached: eVYI1u8[1].png (513x347, 163.88K)

Anything that nerfs fast pokemon is good in my book

fast frail attackers become much better because you can safely bring them in to nuke someone and then whatever happens happens, it already did its job
fas frail attackers with u-turn become godlike because they switch in for free and then flee for free

This is a buff to fast, fragile pokemon. It makes it easier to switch in a glass cannon sweeper, and harder to switch in a counter to your opponent's sweeper.

Switching is fucking dumb..

Imagine being in a battle, directing two monsters fighting 'til one of them loses consciousness and has to go to the hospital, and then your opponent just like, recalls his monster like " Uh sorry dude hold up let me switch ok? just need to find the pokeball uhhh"

like ofcourse it should be negative priority
switching should be punished heavily

>switching should be punished heavily
it was before boots

Switching should take half hp

When you switch you don't get to choose what you send out

There i fixed it for you

Team up with Therain Landorus.

well it clearly wasnt enough because smogon games last like 30 turns before a mon is KOd because there is so muvh switching
maybe just remove switching entirely or have a finite number of switches

There should be a trick room-style move that reverses priority for 4 turns.
>switching becomes -7
>helping hand becomes -5
>protect, detect, etc. become -4
>fake out becomes -3
>extreme speed, ally switch, follow me, etc. become -2
>quick attack, aqua jet, bullet punch, etc. become -1
>0 priority moves remain 0
>vital throw becomes +1
>focus punch becomes +3
>avalanche and revenge become +4
>counter and mirror coat become +5
>circle throw, dragon tail, roar, teleport, etc. become +6
>trick room becomes +7
>moves affected by prankster, gale wings or triage all become negative priority
>queenly majesty, quick guard and psychic terrain would block dragon tail, but not shadow sneak
>switching happens at the very end of the turn

>switching should be punished heavily
Were you not around for the entirety of gens 2 - 4? Team preview all but killed the concept of suicide leads

Regenerator and Boots killed a lot of the risk and reward surrounding switching. Pokemon are now getting free HP even if every hazard is out on the field.

How important is Switching in VGC? Not much of a doubles guy so I'm not sure if it carries that much weight in that format?

team preview is fucking dumb

Switching being negative priority defeats the purpose of switching.

Attached: 1364225568753.png (1255x1086, 666.05K)

Attached: computer.png (500x314, 12.53K)

>introduce a mon which would have been disastrous before team preview IN THE SAME GENERATION you introduce it
bravo gamefreak

That would be so much more fun holy moly

Attached: 1658280707094.jpg (515x505, 47.32K)

this
without priority, switching is pointless

U-Turn becomes even more busted, and pairs of bulky mons and fast frail attackers dominate.

Switching IS punished heavily this is exclusively a Smogon problem because "lol 6 Pokemon and anything that can threaten a steel/water/fairy core by itself is banned"

>switching is broke-

Attached: 123145256.gif (640x360, 3.97M)

People use parting shot/U turn to swap sometimes and hard switching in intimidate is necessary sometimes as well as switching to get a fake out. But just hard switching to tank an attack is not common.

Nerfing switching just makes the game rock-paper-scissors. If you lead a fire type and enemy leads a water type, enjoy not being able to do anything and just lose. Sure you send out a grass type to revenge KO the water, but then they send out their fire to revenge your grass and repeat.