WTF IS THIS TRUE ?????

My mind is unironically blown

Attached: Auious+tards_9de3d3_9729937.png (1200x278, 97.4K)

Having played Earthbound before RBY I always assumed RBY was set in the 1970's growing up. You play in in black/white, it references the recent moon landing and the 1970's were Tajiri's childhood of fishing, bug catching and getting candy from the mafia. There were also real animals supposedly that were replaced by Pokemon suddenly.
Gen 3 is where Pokemon felt like it migrated into an actual fantasy world and not simply IRL creeped on by some yokai

Allister's wife

So what you're saying is the franchise lost its soul at Gen 3

literally all head canon, so whatever keeps your autism afloat user

literally the same forced multiverse "lore" they used to explain the sonic games after generations/the meta era
except this is actually fascinating

I don't think there's anything to suggest that all pokémon are from space. Clefairy specifically are, which suggests this is not the norm.
If you want to actually know what Tajiri envisioned you'd have to check out the Zukan, but I believe that's still untranslated.

It's set in the same year it released, 1996.

Lol I wrote that. Glad that someone screencap it and gave some thought. I thought no one interested since I didn't get any (You)s for that post.

It's not.
Canonically, every game takes place in its own universe.
Not every version, but every individual game cartridge and every new save file is its own universe.

>In gens 1 and 2, Pokemon only appeared a few hundred years ago
>Never mind every instance of Pokemon existing since prehistoric times like the Ruins of Alph and Fossil Pokemon
Fucking retards

Attached: 1478692550373.png (290x290, 141.11K)

>It's set in the same year it released,
Batman TAS is also set in 1992, despite looking like 1932. Dates mean nothing if the setting is supposed to be exotic.

It stopped being sepia tinted nostalgia at Gen 3 if that's what you mean, but it being its own fantasy world has a lot more growth potential.

The gen 1 fossils are basically just animals anyway.

Gen 1 pokemon are just animals anyway. The question is answered. Yes, there are animals, and they're pokemon.

>implying Pokemon can't land on earth millions of years ago like clefairy did a few years ago
>implying ancient people didn't worship pokemon as yokais and built them temples and shit
Low IQ moment. You lack imagination

Attached: JTY7Jdu4EwnYrEWANM7Ak5qRnCgFFVk7SkSrol0UeQU.png (621x702, 65.89K)

It isn't true.
Tajirifags/realfags are just delusional.

>If you want to actually know what Tajiri envisioned you'd have to check out the Zukan, but I believe that's still untranslated.

It has been translated here and in a dykg video.
Even it made no sense though.

Stop spreading misinformation. You're as bad as tajirifags.

They never cared about making sense. They just accept that everything worked the same as in real life and that somehow, everyone ignored these super powerful creatures intil the 1800s.

I mean it in the "literally my mom's animal" sense, not the "Pokemon are a stand-in for animals" sense.
Aerodactyl is just a pterodactyl. Omanyte is just an ammonite. Kabuto is just a horseshoe crab.

Except that's not what the OP is saying. They're saying originally Pokemon just straight up didn't exist until the last century or so, which is blatantly false.

fuck off and kys
just because its not fucking current year doesnt mean its fucking nostalgia
or are you gonna argue arithmetic is fucking nostalgia too

>You sheeple are overthinking this too much
>overthinks it way harder

Attached: 1657313043095.png (1280x720, 599.14K)

Tajiriverse is a decent thought.

Personally, I prefer the Kantoverse.