Why did sun & moon have so much soul compared to other pokemon games?

Why did sun & moon have so much soul compared to other pokemon games?

Attached: end [sound=https%3A%2F%2Ffiles.catbox.moe%2Ft84fej.mp3].png (400x240, 90.06K)

Because Lillie is in it.
And Lillie makes everything 1 trillion times better.

Attached: 1630041331699.jpg (660x793, 429.65K)

nips love Hawaii. it's one of their favorite beach destinations. i know some nips from work that got married or had their honeymoon there.

Because you have a weak mind and fall easily for low effort stories if they have a cute young girl for you to feel sorry for. Name one character you care about outside of Lillie and her family.

That part was sad as fuck. SM also came out right when I was graduating from college and failed to get with my oneitis (a term that I loathe today btw) and I never saw her again, but it was probably more comparable to when the same thing happened after summer camp but she was 13 and I was 12 and way too immature to have made something happen.

I hate stories like this because I love stories like this
Everyday I pray she and her boyfriend die horribly

Guzma.

Attached: UH OH DELETY.jpg (500x352, 30.75K)

I liked all the kahunas. Guzma was great too. The human characters are the strong point of sun & moon. All of them feel like real people you'd want to be friends and spend your life with.

Attached: 1647646404214.png (1000x775, 1.92M)

Because, unlike all previous games, this one actually committed to its theme instead of just making a couple of cities vaguely resembling whatever the region is supposed to be based on and calling it a day. The visuals, the music, the characters, even pokemon designs. There is definitely a lot more direction in this game.

It also had a real story, that is actually pretty complex for pokemon.

It was also horny as fuck.

>I hate stories like this because I love stories like this
Explain?
>Everyday I pray she and her boyfriend die horribly
Assuming you're talking about your former crush? Yeah could be worse bro:
Mine was a lesbian and was in a (what I assume is still her current) relationship at the time and despite that did not behave in a way that a taken gay woman normally would

I literalli liked all characters except I don't do shit princess

Because Ohmori is a weeb, and SM is just his Pokemon anime.

Attached: Guzma.jpg (364x563, 57.75K)

Finally you realize.

it gave you friends to like instead of just a rival/weird villain to feel antagonized by. how it took them 6 games before they could achieve that is beyond me. and no xy doesnt count because those kids were damn annoying except cute shauna

Luv Sun/Moon
Luv the characters
Luv the story
Luv the setting
Luv the Alolan Pokémon and variants
Luv Rotom and talking with it the entire journey
Ate contrarians
Luv female skull grunt
Simple as

Attached: 1651991915727.png (1853x1167, 3.15M)

Almost as soulful as some of the spin offs.

it's almost like hawaii has a rich native culture to draw ideas from, while britain and france are vapid former empires that had to absorb culture instead
like the biggest culinary innovation in the past century of the UK is fucking fish and chips
fucking fried fish and french fries

Chicken tikka masala only exists because Britain conquered India.

Friendship with lilie was one of the coolest things about the franchise

Memorable story and soulful characters, nice new Pokémon and regional variants, Alola isn't just some routes and boring cities, etc.

I really enjoyed playing SM/USUM far more than any other Pokémon game, it also felt like battles were a bit more challenging than in certain previous games.

They had a clear vision and good culture to work with.

Cute story, new Gym format, nice route exploration, riding pokemon.

It's probably the perfect 8/10 game.