Honestly, they had so much potential but it was wasted

Honestly, they had so much potential but it was wasted.

Attached: swsh.jpg (446x223, 87K)

Honestly, they had so much potential but it was wasted.

Attached: bw2.jpg (1280x720, 161.04K)

Still love how they handled the league. There's a bunch of shit wrong with it sure, but as a standard Pokemon game the main aspect was still fun.

they had no potential. you could tell things were gonna be miserable even before june 2019

True enough. At best I was expecting something painfully mediocre, linear, and handholdy in line with the 3DS games. The minute Masuda gave that interview where he broke the news about Dexit was the moment everyone knew this was gonna be a huge dumpster fire. Then we saw actual gameplay footage, the N64 tree, the shitty, low-res textures everywhere, and it was cemented that these would be the worst mainline entries of all time.

And don't give me some bullshit about Gen 1 being worse. Those games came out 26 years ago when there were no expectations and the developers were much less experienced and well-funded. While that may be true in a technical sense, the mistmatch between potential/expectations and what we actually got were easily the highest with Sword/Shield.

>and it was cemented that these would be the worst mainline entries of all time
DPPt is worse

XY were the trial games so that Alola could be the good product.
SwSh were the trial games so that SV can be the good product.

Learn their 3D-development formula dumbass.

Still not quite as bad as DP.

No matter what the game did as soon as dex cut was announced nothing realistically possible and in line with the series would ever be good enough.

Ask me how I know you were still in diapers during gen 4.

Fantastic villain as a character
Retarded villain for motivations

Attached: Chairman-Rose-Is-Pokemons-Worst-Villain.jpg (1400x700, 164.57K)

you don't know his motivations because you haven't cared to look into his character for more than two seconds. maybe if you did, you could actually realise his said 'retarded motivations' aren't as retarded as you think

Attached: 1363860234156.jpg (500x500, 84.12K)

Agreed.

Please do go on.

It didn't really. It wasn't trying to be anything more than sun and moon 3

Ask me how I know you were still in diapers during gen 8.

thats every game in the series past gen 4

The new (non-regional) designs are what kills it for me. The games were obviously easy, but I liked how they provided ample opportunities for team building and self-imposed challenge. The battle tower is probably my favorite in the series because I can get away with running more shitmon. Music had some solid highlights. Raids were better than expected, even if the online is garbage. Dynamax is WAY too powerful.

The DLC pisses me off to no end. Charging another $30 on top of a barebones game to get QoL features is peak greed.

Can’t see myself ever doing another playthrough. The game is only good for breeding and tower meme teams at this point. The lack of meaningful content is the biggest disappointment.

in the anime rose mentions his father died a preventable death mining coal and that it was 'too great a loss for such a young boy'. witnessing something like that at such a young age would traumatise anybody, and it was likely this fucked over and rewired his brain to adopt a more 'must act now' kind of attitude because his fathers death could've been prevented entirely if somebody had just acted then and introduced a new type of energy. we see this as he's chairman (he works incredibly hard everyday to make sure galar is at its prime and even better) basically everything in galar is under his control, which is a huge responsibility for anybody. if something goes wrong rose is gonna take the blame.
galar runs on dynamax particles to create the colossal amount of energy it needs to keep everything running. these particles are a finite resource that'll apparently run out in 1000 years, and rose who knows about it, feels the need to act now, to see his beloved region continue to prosper. if nothing happens, everything from the economy to tourism and galar's sporting culture will fail. he's simply looking far into the future and preventing anything like his fathers death from happening again because they had to resort back to fossil fuels.
theres no known way to source dynamax particles ... aside from eternatus. rose grew desperate and summoned eternatus the exact day of leon's exhibition match because he thought leon would help harness it, seeing as they're technically on the same side and work together. if leon was beaten by the player theres no saying whether they'd help or not
by the end though rose realises his mistake and turns himself in, despite the fact it looks like no damage had been done to anybody or anything, and his plan ultimately succeeded. all in all rose meant well but was misguided and should have thought his plan through more. i also think rose has autism but thats just me projecting

the only reasonable improvements are adding the pokenav+, a place to grow berries and all current gen pokemon. unreasonable improvements include porting all of Pt and HGSS facilities and side activities and backporting stuff from gen 7

>in the anime

Attached: penn.png (693x941, 1.3M)