What are your thoughts on mono type starter evos?

What are your thoughts on mono type starter evos?

Attached: CF646807-74FC-4649-A831-3906696688CC.jpg (4315x2091, 1.94M)

I'm not autistic so I don't care

Why did they fuck over the water type? The other two are powerhouses this generation

>Cinderace
Fire/Fighting
>Rillaboom
Grass/Sound
>Inceleon
Water/Dark

Attached: 1231345.png (860x834, 436.86K)

kinda boring but other than that I dont really got amything else to say

Inteleon is usable, it's used more than Cinderace in doubles.

I think it's unacceptable when some designs are clearly 2 types.
Cinderace looks like a Fire/Fighting type. Inteleon looks like a Water/Ghost type. etc

What part of it looks ghost?

That Monotypes should get 1.7 STAB to make up for the fact they only get one while Dual Types get to have two STAB with no downside.
Also Libero should only change the type AFTER the Pokemon uses the attack, if you want to be able to get STAB on fucking everything you should at least have to commit to using the move one before hand.
Also Grassy Glide's BP should be nerfed. 70 plus the multpley due to being in Grassy Terrain is absolute bullshit for a priority move.

I don't understand why there is no offensive advantage of being monotype
Dualtypes need to get their STAB multipliers nerfed so people would knowledge monotypes being less diverse but more specialized

Attached: download.png (1140x561, 302.97K)

Or just give monotypes a larger STAB bonus.

I would do that but the current bonus from STAB is already pretty strong, rivaling a choice item boost.

Base Garchomp:
>252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 176-210 (57.8 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Mono Dragon Garchomp:
>252 Atk Choice Band Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 176-208 (57.8 - 68.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

A slight offensive nerf to dualtypes is honestly the way to go unless you have other suggestions

They're fine if they're at least designed well. So not Galar's starters

Or just play the game.

You first.

I do which is why I'm not a retard who thinks rillaboom or cinderace or porygon2 or kyogre or groudon or xerneas or hippowdon or regieleki or darmanitan need to be buffed.

What Gen 9 starters will be

Attached: cool11.jpg (1920x1080, 97.19K)

Mono types starters should have been a thing for gen 1 to explain how types worked, in fact most early gen 1 mons should be mono types, after all it was the first installment of the saga and could have helped to explain how things worked

in my opinion the gen 4 starters are the best trio from a gameplay standpoint

their dual types are functional, have multiple layers when interacting with each other and are exciting but no too exciting as to encourage you to add types like dark, psychic, and ghost to your team

Soccer isn’t a fighting style
Turning invisible kind of makes sense for ghost but that doesn’t really need a type just an ability.

There is no offensive advantage because there's defensive advantage instead. There's not a lot of combos you can do that are purely beneficial for defensive interactions, nearly all of them are trade-offs or outright detrimental.