Do genwunners see these two regions as a whole and as a continuation of one another...

Do genwunners see these two regions as a whole and as a continuation of one another, or do they only take account the original 151 and the Kanto region?

Attached: sv7mwa7d6d571.png (4248x1859, 330.64K)

Back when genwunners were bigger, it was just Kanto. Now Johto fans are calling themselves genwunners and claiming it's both. The older ones don't really exist anymore.

That's true. I'd specifically ask people who grew up in that time how they feel, but it would be bias considering people in a board were more likely to be really into it at that time.

Two separate regions

Real fans acknowledge, they're two regions each with distinct cultural differences. Outside of sharing a league (which they pobably only do because of being so close), they're different regions.
Also only acknowledging original 151 doesn't really make sense you can't just erase 100 Pokemon.

Also that map style fucking sucks, though it alt least makes the routes easier to visualize.

Probably around half of the pokemania 90s kids played gen 2.

Most of them only acknowledge Kanto but in retrospect both of them were intended to be one creation that got drawn out into two generations. It's even more retarded when they don't accept anything past Mew as canon when most of the Johto mons were designed alongside them and reserved for later.

They're one and the same but GF starting drinking the koolaid until the last couple of years where they're starting to show Johto mons some love.

GS sold 23.7 million
RGB sold 29.1 million (officially, don't post VGChartz garbage estimates)

81% did

maybe it's just me but why does the region suddenly feel smaller when you make it like galar's map screen

The issue with saying that "genwunners" were only into Kanto is that most often they'd recite there being no Pokemon past the "original 150 and Mew" yet would somehow squeeze Togepi and Marill into that metric as well.

It's like a vegetarian that says "Oh I don't eat meat. I'll have the fish instead"

> Kanto is that most often they'd recite there being no Pokemon past the "original 150 and Mew" yet would somehow squeeze Togepi and Marill into that metric as well.
they want to have their cake and eat it too. "Everything about Gen2/Johto sucks, "Oh all these good things about Gen 2, I'm going to arbitrarily consider them gen 1 so I con continue being a retarded ingrate, Checkmate Johtotranny"

Yeah the real thing for them is it was about the anime, they probably never picked up the games or if they did they definitely did not finish them.

Hey fuck you I do this, but I don't call myself a real vegetarian though

there is not a single genwunner who did not play GSC. no kid who loved RBY during pokemania passed up on a sequel.

That's being pescatarian or being or a big "The Batman" fan

It's 8 am here, too early to make jokes or any fucking sense when I type.

GSC Pokémon and characters are not as famous as RBY ones amongst casuals (everybody knows Brock, but a few will know Falkner).

I grew up in the 90s and, even if I like all generations in some way or another, I feel than Gen I and II have something special about them. I consider them as two parts of a whole.

But for the normal people, I think Gen I is RBY, Kanto, the original 151 (mayble plus Togepi and Marill) and nothing more.

This. I started with yellow. I don’t remember anyone saying 151 only or whatever. It was just Pokemon. The schism didn’t start till Gen 3.

Depends.
Half of the Johto fans are pretty much genwunners originally, there's not a lot of "only Gen 1" genwunners on the board really
I'd say Kanto and Johto should be parts of the same games in the future.
Like, it'd be complete bullshit if they do a Johto-only or Kanto-only Legends game.
Where muh based Route 23 tho

>all the zoomers itt giving their takes on what being a genwunner means
idiots

I see them as separate regions with their own distinct locations and designs.

My first was Blue, but obviously the anime had shit like Togepi more or less concurrent to when I was playing it. I don't think generations were even a concept then, I just saw it as more Pokemon.
You're not going to get many genwunners bitching here because it's mostly just bait.