Game Feel

What games have the best “game feel” to you?
For me it’s easily HGSS. Gens 1-4 have fairly consistent design quality and the game is a great capstone to that era.

Attached: 2F650D87-866B-4F4D-A567-E7785757BAE6.jpg (783x784, 142.65K)

Same. HGSS just feels like the definitive Pokémon world.

I used to think that, but after replaying the Gen 3 and 4 games, they are much worse than I remembered.

>square empty trivial maps
>chaotic dungeons that feel like it's just random pieces attached to each others
>fences
>consistent design quality
I don't know about that.
Anyway, gen 7 gives me the best vibes overall, it really feels like exploring a region, I still like XY, and SwSh has always had an amazing vibe to me, I wish they completed that game. Not sure about Legends but it's definitely up there.
Everything before got really stale, especially since the battles are the main thing and the battles in gen 1 to 5 are extremely lifeless, slow and boring. Whereas XY is still decent to look at, high quality animations and the game feels like a real game.

Nice bait

Discord

Gen 2, beating Red was just the perfect closure.

I'd agree. Pokemon designs are like half the appeal of the franchise for me and I think gen iv was the peak in terms of variety without sacrificing quality. Honestly I think the first 3 gens had better overall designs than 4, but 4 was small enough and had enough gems that it's worth including.

Plus HGSS was the peak of pixel art. I actually like most of the modern 3D models for Pokemon, but the game worlds have only declined after the gen 2 remakes.

Counterpoint.
p.s. I didn't read your post

Attached: 1484101230877.gif (500x354, 336.34K)

>you will NEVER see this much color in a pokemon game again
Why even live bros

>random encounters
>overuse of HMs
>shitty TMs
>garbage badly performing engine that's somehow slower than gen 3
>zero of the QoL in gen 5+

I would put gen 4 fucking last on the games that """feel""" the best to play.

I long for the feel of gen 5 again. The changing weather, the music, the 2D mixed with 3D elements, the Pokémon, all perfection.

>square empty trivial maps
>proceeds to shill Gen 7 afterwards
holy irony
hey, no. I'd put the GB games last

Op here, I'm trans btw

Nobody really minds that your trans you don’t have to say it. Live ya life.

Wow, it's a tree and a leaf 3-pixels sprite with 2 different shades!!!! incredible!!!!!!!!! japan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>mix of 2d and 3d
This was so kino. Executed like shit but it did make the world feel bigger and more immersive while keeping the pixel art

Thanks, persecution of johto sisters has gone on long enough

True, but gen 2's level curve and grinding spots being so trashy make them still worse than the infinite HMS of gen 4. At least some of the HMS of Sinnoh are kind of cool and make for some of the best (((dungeons))) routes in the series

Gen 4 finished a lot of Pokémon that clearly needed an evolution to be relevant. For that alone I think it’s worth while

>a single screen shot from a old game makes him seethe because deep down he knows he knows his nu pokemon is shit

>3-pixels
what did faganon mean by this?

GSC and FRLG