I know this is going to sound crazy but what if starters evolved into the equivalent of mascot legendaries...

I know this is going to sound crazy but what if starters evolved into the equivalent of mascot legendaries? Like instead of basing the story around 2 version exclusive legendaries, the starters play a prominent role for the entire game?

Attached: starters.png (727x719, 746.82K)

A starter like cosmog,, it would give great story driven prompts, as well as gameplay cause you'd have as main pokemon one with divine powers, would break the boring pattern of grass fire water and the professor that gives you the pokemon, but that also means most likely no choice

I like this idea, but I think it's common knowledge by now that GameFreak isn't exactly well known for taking interesting concepts and executing them well.

Well considering Koraidon and Miraidon are apparently your mode of transportation in the new games, they’re obviously making them more readily available than other box legends, so that’s different.

>le "G AL M E F R E A K" post
In the world of gaming, that's true, and that's what happens when your fandom is autistic and asks them to resell the same game for 30 years. But even with that, what they've done shows that they can do a lot with their creativity. I really feel like it's the fandom itself, apart from Nintendo, that stops them from expressing their full potential. As it shows when they revealed that they didn't change the battle system because the fandom would whine, as usual. Especially in the last year's they've shown to be able to do a lot with gameplay, but at the end of the day, why should they, when the people give them gold and diamonds for the same bullshittery as always. Tell this faggot fandom the battle system should be an actual gameplay instead of tapping buttons and waiting and they'll whine. How do you pretend them to even create a game that isn't centered around the turn based combat, when they don't wanna change it because they fear they'll lose acquirers (and honestly, the casual gamer which makes up for what, 99% of their costumers, wouldn't be able to stand a real gameplay, they'd find it too difficult and whatnot). So dear G A M E F R E A K poster, what gamefreak has done with the limitations imposed to them is a honest good work, includes a lot of things nobody asked for, they didn't have to do to earn the same, yet they did.

Tldr; the average pokeautist asks for bdsp, gamefreak makes legends anyway

didn't read lol
go back to plebbit, leak season tourist

Boomerfag

not reading your essay lil bro

They could do a latios/latias situation like in ORAS where, yes, it's very easy to get, but still relatively late-game. I feel like they wouldn't skip over a battle with the box legends. Or maybe they've done that before and I just forgot.

They already do. Swampert is still ou in 2022.

Every starter gens 1-4 was OP except tortera and johto. Infernape is literally the best pokemon in diamond and pearl, and swampert has the two best types and 1 weakness.

I don't know why you'd want starters to be more broken unless your from johto. Every single other gen had a debateably bannable starter in singles.

>gen 1 didn't
Charizard is good outside rby. I'd rather be good every gen after 5, then good in one shitty throwaway gen, where half the moves desync and crash the consoles.

I think you ride the nebby before catching it in usum

I really like the idea of actually making the starter pokemon important to the story. The fact that none of them are catchable in their regions is enough to get some kind of plot line going. It could give the bad guy team a motivation for hounding the MC if they had what is basically an endangered species that could sell for a fortune (or use its destructive forces as people have pointed out, starters are usually OP once fully evolved). Unfortunately, pokemon games have always been lacking in plot so I doubt they'd even think of this sort of thing.

>Every starter gens 1-4 was OP except tortera and johto
Blastoise was always mediocre (until BDSP UU, kek). Albeit a mediocre water type, so still not bad.

Eh. After making it a habit of remaking older games, it would be weird for them to suddenly stop at, say, Gen 4, which was beloved. So to say that the fans are holding the franchise back over something like that, it's like, yeah, maybe, but you can't really blame them, and I'm sure Game Freak didn't want them to be holding out in desperation for a Gen 4 remake that might never come for several years/decades. I think that Gen 5/6 are really the only good options for when to stop that trend, and really when I say that, I just mean 6, as that's when the series started using 3D models for Pokemon.

Anyway, I wouldn't say that SWSH is an honest good work performed within the limitations imposed to them. Teambuilding is fun, but its ability to draw in, immerse and compel the player as a part of the world, is limited as a result of its narrative.

The standard Pokemon battle system works, but the context behind those battles is largely hit and miss. Only good tales are 1, 4, and 7, with 2 falling into a nebulous sort of supplementary zone where it can be appreciated for its contributions to 1, but the reader must also recognize that 2's own narrative peters out unceremoniously. Johto games are so large and yet they leave much to be desired.

found the redditors

that would be monster hunter stories.

user, starters have been catchable within their regions in multiple games. The reason they don't usually do it is for the same reason they like throwing around one-off giftmons you can't get anywhere else in the region; It's a gameplay convention, nothing more. I bet you think the routes, towns, and gyms you encounter are also the only ones in the entire region.

Hasn't happened since gold/silver, even crystal forces an encounter with suicune

redditor* he's here

What if the game DIDN’T revolve around the box art Pokémon for once like in gens 1 and 2?