The people defending gyms not scaling in SV are the most pathetic kinds of Game Freak apologists...

The people defending gyms not scaling in SV are the most pathetic kinds of Game Freak apologists. Give me one good reason why an open world Pokemon game shouldn't scale gym leaders levels based on how many badges you have. If I go into a gym with no badges they should have pokemon around levels 10-15, if I have one badge they should have pokemon around levels 20-25, etc. Explain how this is bad, bootlickers.

Attached: 1645975301443.jpg (1876x1202, 212.55K)

Give me one good reason why it should?

meanwhile I'm waiting for you to point out a good open world with level scaling

That was a lie, we don't know if they scale or not now

>n-no u
About what I expect from you fags.

Because Game Freak write games with a basic story for the kids to follow. That gets fucked out the window if their idea of the second gym leader is taken by the player as the 7th and all the related quotes for that intended art of the story.
Else it'd just be a VERY beige game, where they ALL say generic NPC things, because they need to accommodate fuckwits like you taking the starter gym last because "i can do them in any order, so I'll do just that with blackjack and hookers".

Not an argument.

Level scaling has no sovl

level scaling is shit because it removes any feeling of progression, plus open world games that don't scale are fun. Its fun going to higher level areas while low leveled.

So you can't even articulate why it's important?

Level scaling is what makes open world games shitty and too easy. If everything scales based on your level and progress, then it's the same difficulty from level 5 to level 100.

>If I go into a gym with no badges they should have pokemon around levels 10-15, if I have one badge they should have pokemon around levels 20-25, etc
I want to go to a gym with no badges and face a challenge. I want to face gym right away and finally have challenge in this game. Seems you just want more of the same, easy pokemon battles,

>make open world pokemon game
>you can complete gyms in any order
>decide to explore for a while and just let myself get lost in the world
>finally end up in a town far from where o started
>see a gym and take them on
>the trainers all have level 20 pokemon, but I'm right around that level from all the catching and battling I did to get here
>get my first gym badge and leave
>end up in another town with a gym
>nice, time to get me second gym badge
>the gym leaders ace is a level 12 shitmon because I did the gyms out of order despite being allowed to do them in any order
>game freak cocksuckers will say this is good game design
Only retards defend this shit.

lol

>choice = bad
You're advocating for less player control lol

Play BW if you want hallway simulator.

Level scaling is a retarded game mechanic that makes having levels pointless to begin with. What the fuck is the point of progression if everything is always the same level as me?

>you chose to play the game wrong
>why didn't you just fight the gyms in order?????
>game freak can't make bad video game
I'm surprised you can even sit at a computer to type this with Masuda's cock so far up your ass.

I just want level scaling so I can fuck around for awhile then have all 8 gymleaders have 6 pokemon teams at high level

Attached: 1657774694560.webm (720x404, 1.4M)

Face it user, you just got btfo

>game without level scaling
>can fight the higher level gyms first for a better challenge
>game with level scaling
>every gym is the same piss easy garbage like gen 5 because my levels are always the same or higher
hmmmm I wonder which is the better option.

That's a whole lot of made up conversation you just had with yourself to defend removing player choice.

Its like gen 1, there is an order that you need to do the gyms in, but you can skip them, so if you want you can skip gym 4 and go to gym 5, etc

>>game without level scaling
>>can fight the higher level gyms first for a better challenge
Then you just have to sweep half the gyms because you are so over leveled. If only there was a way to make every gym stronger than you to make them all a challenge, but I guess that is just a mystical mechanic that can't exist.

>fight the highest gym leader first
>entire rest of the game is literally child's play
Are you faggots retarded?

If the Gyms don’t scale, you either
A. Have no reason to do gyms in different orders. There is no insentive to do any gym leader before the lowest level gym leader first. This is if the system is like Gen 1 for Erika to Blain, which was 4 gyms you could do in any order.
B. All gym leaders are pathetically easy, even by Pokemon standards or would require the player to heavily grind. Depending on what they set the standard level of gym leader’s pokemon, which is less likely.

Regardless, it also makes it less cool either way. Instead of each gym having 8 or 16 unique teams like in Liquid Crystal, you just get 1 team per gym.

I'll take 4 challenging gyms over 0

>Then you just have to sweep half the gyms
As opposed to sweeping all the gyms? Hmmm I wonder which is the better option.