Why would they draw on the experience of a failed product?

Why would they draw on the experience of a failed product?

Attached: pt2022_07_17_10_44_43.jpg (4096x2304, 1.86M)

What is this???

Its fake

THE COPE!! UNREAL!!! :crying_while_laughing:

Digimon has a better history than pokemon and Bandai producers treat their fans with more respect than GF developers with theirs

>Bandai producers treat their fans with more respect than GF developers with theirs
As a fan of both, that's pretty god damn untrue when it comes to Digimon. DigimonCon was a total fucking joke.

It was their first attempt at direct fan interaction after a change of management, it's a step in the right direction even if they're still unaccostumed at doing events like those.

Habu straight up told us the bigwigs just don't wanna make games even though they historically sell like hotcakes. They don't wanna take risks and don't treat the fans well in that department, plain and simple.

>failed product
What?

Digimon always had the better style and designs, cope about it.

Attached: everything I say is right.png (800x600, 513.46K)

Yeah, I know everyone likes to shit on GameFreak by comparing them to everyone else, but I read that post and thought
>Don't people shit on Bandai Namco for certain practices too?
I just don't follow game drama so I couldn't remember. Someone spoonfeed me. Is Bamco considered good or bad?

They're fine in some ways and bad in others, it really depends on the product. But it honestly feels like everyone involved with Digimon keeps dropping various balls regardless. Toei just hasn't been able to make a good anime in ages, Bamco keeps shitting up the video game department, and the TCG department is split between watching a bunch of monkeys fail to translate on one end and staring at YGO powercreep in realtime on the other. The Vpets are so low effort, even the VB, that they basically just sell themselves with minimal effort so I can't say much there. The only real part of the franchise that seems to be maintaining decent quality is the physical merch department but that's been feeling slow lately too.

>The Vpets are so low effort, even the VB
Wait, i thought the VB was top-tier? Doesn't it have a battle mobile app game or is it still bland at that regard?

A top tier vpet is still low effort.

At least the V-Pets are good. Me and my friends had a Digimon RP last year that I kind of want to turn into an RPG Maker game, but with Survive coming out, I don't really see the point.

Do it user. Survive coming out means nothing, especially if your RPG is different mechanically.

Yeah, Survive is not a typical JRPG
You could aim for something akin to Digimon Story or one of the World games

> Bandai producers treat their fans with more respect than GF developers with theirs
>DIGICON ANNOUNCED IN FEBRUARY
>GETS EXCITED
>DIGICON happens
>No news whatsoever
>Digimon director says they’re not planning any port because Bandai doesn’t trust the franchise and invest 0 money
>Bandai uses Digimon as their mouse lab for the vital bracelet

Well, it was probably just going to be a Cyber Sleuth lite thing with retro graphics if I could commission a good artist. I probably won't be able to. Even people I can afford are always busy. Totally sucks. Most Digimon RPs are Adventure styled. Mine was Dawn/Dusk/Cyber Sleuth styled because I was tired of the whole
>One destined partner
thing and wanted to portray a world where kids can collect them. Because you know, IRL people collect v-pets. Most characters only had one or two/three, but I felt like it fit with the premise. I justified it by saying that although hypothetically it's possible to have a lot, maintaining them becomes difficult after a certain number. This enabled Saiba Neo like shenanigans where people could just throw fodder at other characters. Nobody did that, though. I think Diaboromon's Tamer probably would have done that. After Diaboromon died he started investigating the inner workings of the Digivice pretty heavily and wound up generating another Digimon in an attempt to get his Diaboromon back. I forget exactly what he was doing when the RP ended, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was going to build an army. That was a player character though. All the other human villains whether they were DM characters or player characters were either ridiculously incompetent, or used one-to-three to maximize their efficacy and were actually just good guys going through a Ruki/Ken phase.

Honestly there's a lot of sprite resources out there and there's even a digimon spriter's discord, if that's what you mean by retro. Hell if you wanna go super retro, classic vpet style sprites would be pretty easy to make even if you're a garbage artist. And there's a lot of retro 8 bit tilesets out there.

Digimon Survive releases next week BTW

THE ARREST!! IS SURREAL!! dabs_png