Let's talk about Fairy type

Let's talk about Fairy type.
What do you think about Fairy type Pokemon? Do you have a favorite line? Do they need any changes?
How about the moves? Do they need more?

Attached: 512px-Pokémon_Fairy_Type_Icon.svg.png (512x512, 21.17K)

its fine
seething dragonfags be damned

Fairy should be weak to Bug and be resisted by it.

I'm glad it made Poison much more relevant
Only good thing about this shitty type

I love it, whether they're based on mythical creatures or silly concepts like desserts

It has a certain charm that something so cute can hide something so terrible, like old stories about fair folk.

Attached: b784e935fe12bf14096f12eab9d28ed2[1].png (800x866, 554.14K)

Fairy was a good idea, poorly executed.
Dragon, Dark, and Fighting dominated gen 5, and Poison and Steel were pretty offensively impotent.
So they added a type strong against Dragon, Dark, and Fighting, and weak to Fairy and Steel.
Only issue is that it just makes Fairy OP because now it's strong against the best types and weak against types where their strengths don't lie in offense.

Fairy just needs another weakness to a common attacking type. Fire would probably make the most sense, since it already resists Fairy, and it would help weaken the broken Fairy/Steel typing.

Honestly, I think Fairy should've been weak to Normal and Bug, just to give them more offensive coverage. Though with the Bug=Hero joke they've got going on that might be harder to sell, but Normal for sure if only to get rid of it only having mutual or negative interactions.

Why isn't Fire super effective against Fairy types?
Fire resists Fairy, but why doesn't it hurt them too.

Always thought that was weird. Fire and iron tended to be classic weaknesses of the fae. I think there are some types that are associated with fire, though, maybe the seelie court? My knowledge of fae folklore isn't very good.

Fairy isn't really OP currently. Fairy/Steel certainly is but that's because Steel has been OP for ages.

>weak to Normal
Lol
>weak to Bug
I'd go for neutral damage.

Because Fire is super effective against Grass, Ice, Bug and Steel already.

Tranny type

Its unbalanced, but I like it as a type.
My fav is Aromatise and Grimmsnarl line

>he sees cute Pokémon and thinks about gender dysphoria and chopping your dick off
Murricans.

Psychic and Normal should be se vs Fairies

>Normal type SE on anything
You and me both know this is absolutely never going to happen because that's the point of Normal type.

>Fire and iron tended to be classic weaknesses of the fae.
I only knew the weakness to iron, which was later used as an allegory for Christianity (The sound of church bells)

And their weakness to cream, which was like alcohol for them.

And also counting seeds obsessively or cleaning shoes in the case of leprchauns

Attached: dragons-crown-fairy[1].gif (498x378, 2.87M)

Honestly Jigglypuff is my favorite Fairy Pokemon even if originally it wasn't one in the first place.

If I'm not allowed to pick that, then Mimikyu or Alcremie.

Attached: 40a9a3253e8aae0c80186777c38e76f6.jpg (4093x2894, 2.37M)

>Do you have a favorite line?
Not really, from fairy pokemon i think the best design is Primarina. But it's line is water.

>Do they need any changes?
Fairy mons in general? Fairy could use another weakness, it's a bit op atm.

>How about the moves? Do they need more?
Moves are fine

>What do you think about Fairy type Pokemon?
It was a weird addition at forst, but I think it’s a welcome addition now that it’s been here nearly a decade. It filled a lot of niches in ideas, to the point where I’m struggling to see how more types really fit in as naturally. I most like when the type is given to weird fantasy creatures rather than random pink Pokémon.

>Do you have a favorite line?
Mimikyu is my favorite Fairy Pokémon. It captures the disturbed angle I love to see in both fairies and ghosts. Not counting retconned lines, where I really like several, favorite evolution line is probably the Impidimp one.

>Do they need any changes?
Absolutely need harder counters with type coverage. It’s clearly overtuned, and we’re well beyond the need for Dragon killing at this point. I’d at least give it one more weakness, lore reasons be damned.

>How about the moves? Do they need more?
Mainly just need a few more attacks that aren’t just signature moves. Variety is nice.

As a TCGfag the fairy type was a mistake and I'm glad it's been retconned out of existence

gamefreak makes half of all dragon types a legendary or pseudo and wonder why it was busted type dont get me wrong it needed another resist cause earthquake/outrage spam was rampant but they should have just balanced the existing types like have ice type resist dragon. Because there are a lot of trickle down effects to the fairy type being added.

>mogs psychic types for the most part doing their jobs better

>replaced ice types as the dragon killer

>steel the best defensive type is now a solid offensive type

>hey poison needed a offensive edge, whoops too bad every fairy learns psychic

>the 7th typing to resist bug

>immediately given great all round moves on both physical and special in play rough and moonblast

Attached: 87a.png (754x744, 441.2K)

To be fair it didn't need to resist Bug, but Play Rough isn't a 100 accuracy move so there's that. Their best physical offense is a gamble that will matter during a full fight.

Mimikyu is the perfect mix of Fairy and Ghost lore-wise. Also the only pikaclone to have its own thing as opposed to just being Pikachu but with a worse design.

Attached: Mimikyu.full.2020003.jpg (648x771, 416.46K)

Fuck the fairies

Attached: Fairy Type.png (1360x626, 1.45M)

It's 90% accurate and has a 20% chance to lower attack, they're hardly malding..
Moonblast is also perfectly accurate 95bp that has 30% to lower sp.atk.
Fairy/Ground is also a coverage combination on par with Ice/Electric and Flying/Fighting.
Fairy's busted as an offensive type, but the fairies that have good attacking stats tend to have bad defence and speed holding them back.

>20% chance to lower attack
10%.
But yes, Moonblast is pretty good. Thankfully it also doesn't have much distribution.
>Fairy/Ground
Literally not real

it really shouldn't resist bug
call me a whiny bugfag all you want, but no type deserves this bleak of a fate

Attached: why.png (541x88, 14.15K)

You are cool, better than the assmad dragon fags.
For how much I like Fairy I don't think the Bug resist makes any sense. Having a weakness also doesn't but it would make it more balanced so I'd take it.

I hate how most of it is "le pixie yokai tricksters" or dumb foodmons. Would've been more interesting to make it an angelic "light" type that's an actual opposite of the dark type (also is a retard).
Competitively it's kind of busted, too. There was no need to make it resist bug, especially when it already made bug feel less relevant by being a better counter against dark types.

You're right about nothing good getting ground/fairy coverage. My point was that fairy type and its tools are busted, but the pokemon themselves hide that fact by middling stat and movepool distribution. For some reason though i swear xerneas had earth power coverage, it's just Arceus-Fairy that ran rampant with it.
>10%
You're right, I was looking at the Legends: Arceus play rough where it's 20% base oddly enough.

>Psychic was broken in gen 1 because they didn't program the Ghost type properly
>Fix this in gen 2 but also add the Dark type to make Psychic types be shit now
>Failed to make Rock be a defensive type in gen 1
>Create Steel and make it retardedly broken by having it resist 80% of all types
>Dragons were overpowered because most of them were pseudo legendaries
>Create the fairy type which becomes the most busted type in the game because it's strong against the best types and weak against the shittiest types

Attached: 1610080865090.jpg (520x297, 22.49K)

>pixie yokai tricksters
But that's what fairies are. The contrast with Dark is pretty good actually:

>Dark type is composed of evil-looking creatures who would already be strong normally but still use dirty tactics, not all of them are actually evil but their moves are all about being a cheating asshole
>Fairy type is composed of cute-looking creatures who aren't particularly powerful, so they make up with some trickery, not all of them actually good but their moves are always charming

>Create the fairy type which becomes the most busted type in the game
Steel is still that. Fairy is maybe the second or third best.