And then there were five Edition

>Livestream link (Fridays @ 9:55 AM UTC):
mov3.co/tvtokyo
twitch.tv/pokekalos

>Latest episode:
nyaa.si/view/1552828 (1080p)
nyaa.si/view/1552827 (720p)

Next episode:
>PM2019 118 - Satoshi Heads Into Battle! VS Daigo!! (July 22nd)
tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pocketmonster/episodes/

Future episodes:
>PM2019 119 - Koharu and Eevee's Potential is Limitless! (August 5th)

>Upcoming episodes previews:
twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1530133209450958848
twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1535206641410654210

>Summaries, voice cast, etc.:
pastebin.com/pRWCDSsU

>Previous episodes:
pastebin.com/CGSd907r

>Pokémon Twilight Wings, PokéToons, Pokémon Evolutions, and Hisuian Snow subs:
pastebin.com/gkJSXkbL

>Movies:
pastebin.com/aftNceDW

>M23: Coco
nyaa.si/view/1418317 (1080p)
nyaa.si/view/1418316 (720p)

>Specials and Audio Dramas:
pastebin.com/BM8SC2zU

>Music, manga, and more:
pastebin.com/gXfZtrrJ

Previous: boards.4channel.org/vp/thread/50952271#top

Attached: 9A9FAE5E-3A2C-452D-A121-64A817877073.jpg (900x1000, 692.64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gHUvO-CR1DM
strawpoll.com/polls/NoZrLvNWGn3
youtube.com/watch?v=XuOQved2gbA
youtube.com/watch?v=GtSUQgOzZDg
voice.pokemon.co.jp/stv/sapporo/2022/07/post-12055.html
youtube.com/watch?v=uKeKuaJ4nlw&ab_channel=Rycluse
twitter.com/pokemon_pdc/status/1548519301950230528
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: Masters8.jpg (1920x2160, 1.07M)

Alain really didn’t deserve to be in this lineup

i wanna see Wallace laugh like a madman after Steven loses

What they should of done is have Alan appear right after the Greninja ep in Kalos and challenge Ash for a battle. Paul's ep shows how good a rival return could be outside the PWC.

They should of filled the empty slot with Wallace or Alder or something just to have a past champion there.

I'm surprised they didn't use Wallace. Alder has the excuse of his actor being dead, but Wallace was related to a character of the day.

Wallace is more of a coordinator though.

Alain's gonna cry for Steven and say "he surpassed both of us, Steven-san"

Here are your obvious championships finalists
Leon = SwSh rep
Cynthia = BDSP rep

Ash vs Cynthia will be a 6vs6, r-right? It's the semifinals, after all...

Yeah, but he was explicitly stated to be Hoenn Champion at one point, which means he was a skilled enough battler to earn it.

Then turned him back to a gym leader retconning his mentor.

Should’ve been a Frontier Brain

It will either be a 6v6 with no switching and constant OHKO or 3v3 with barely any strategy. Pretty much a lose-lose.

Nah, we'll need those episodes for Goh.

I'm sorry but Alain and Iris shouldn't be here.

I have no idea who Alain is
Anime only character?

It bothers me that even though they really messed with the power scaling, all of the finalists are Champions, save one. Like, what was the point of retconning the previous power levels if the end result didn't chance.

Attached: __iris_garchomp_emolga_rayquaza_haxorus_and_1_more_pokemon_and_2_more_drawn_by_pokemoa__fa3497ebb345b80ecc47d95e165ff5ee.jpg (3000x2000, 1.45M)

It should have been the mysterious Indigo League winner.

Ya, but he probably cares more about contests than battles. He's like the champion of contests, so pretty much Dawn/May's largest challenge.

Who is they?

Yeah he's Ash's companion and his wife is Chloe.

Leon vs. Lance would have been funner
Representative of boomer vs zoomer era
Charizard vs charizard

Promise you this will be the next OP

>moa
He wishes.

Ritchie should've been in the M8. He has a Pikachu so that means he's as strong as Ash.

They needed an excuse to make Ash champion tier so they did it in literally the worst possible way by giving him completely new and inexperienced Pokemon instead of his old Pokemon that he spent years training.

Pathetic weakling loser who couldn't even muster a single onscreen win. Drayden will probably disown her when she returns because she's such a goddamn failure.

Attached: whenscoronationstreet.jpg (636x480, 21.44K)

Cameron should've been in the Masters 8. He has a Lucario therefore he is strong.

No, user, Ash picking up inexperienced shitters and turning them Champion-tier IS the showcase on how much of a Champion Ash is now.

Nope, he’s a shitter who failed to make it to the Johto league, win either the Kanto or Johto league in the 18 years since we last saw him, and is now forced to watch the friend he beat JN their very first league battle alongside Champions from all over the world and become the greatest trainer.

Would have been cool to have Giovanni in the top 8 as part of some scheme. But god forbid he ever actually be relevant, right?

Attached: 1404881578566.jpg (500x381, 44.83K)

Alain wasn't bad, but we don't need duplicate region champs Diantha was enough, Why the fuck couldn't it be Brandon instead??

Why and who else

There was going to be a duplicate region rep regardless unless they went with someone from Alola which is impossible because everyone in Alola sucks and Kukui is raising his son

Guzma should've in the M8. His Golisopod defeated Torrecat, which defeated Kukui's Incelroar, which means he's technically Alola's true Champion.

Attached: 1092300391.jpg (1280x960, 167.74K)

I find Giovanni too cool imo to just job, its a shame we don't really see him that much

I'm fine with Alain being there, better to have a character no one cares about be the first one to job.

This is a good cope.

There should've been a rep from Gen 9's region and said rep should've defeated Leon and Ash to force Ash to travel to the new region.

He interrupts the finals when everyone is at their weakest to steal their pokemon. This is too preserve Leon as THE STRONGEST CHAMPION title, but also showing how Ash is now equal or close to surpassing him.

In the end Giovanni is captured and put on a paddy wagon. TR quits and permanently focuses on their podcast.

Paul is the Gen 9 rep, he will become a Gym leader in Gen 9 and make Ash want to go there.

I still can’t believe this was an actual scene in the movie

Attached: 881C6A4C-BA5F-4254-A92E-A6F4BCAC24FC.jpg (604x340, 33.68K)

Based.

>Cynthia mega evolved
What the fuck you faggots told me she didn't need a gimmick to job

Everyone in this series already jobbed, s might as well.

Attached: 1st Preview.webm (1280x720, 2.74M)

I wanted a Frontier Brain because Leon already defeated a Gym Leader, Elite Four, and Champion. Leon defeating a random OC trainer with the lamest “feats” was lame.

Seriously speaking, Cynthia will beat Ash right?

Attached: 2nd Preview.webm (1280x720, 1.84M)

Makes sense.

Attached: 1231313131.gif (600x338, 2.92M)

I don't understand why they felt the need to have Iris there given how she'd already lost to Ash. Not like anyone but Ash or Leon there matters, so at least give us someone we haven't seen before.

>Pokémon are finally moving instead of standing in place or random jumpcuts

Thank God

Attached: kiss.webm (1280x720, 314.71K)

That animation looks almost decent. Maybe there's still hope that this won't be a poorly animated slideshow, r-right?

Why did Reggie appear in this episode? Felt kinda random.

I remember when Cynthiafags said that she is stronger than Leon because she doesn't use a gimmick.

That's a stupid question, he was at home with brother watching the fight,

Because he’s Paul’s brother and they were watching the battle together?

Same reason these forgettable losers were. Fanservice cameos.

Attached: dumbassbrigade.jpg (1080x608, 76.61K)

Daily Reminder to not giving falseflaggers and shitposters the (You)s they oh so desire

Attached: hotririe.jpg (619x723, 45.71K)

You don’t watch sports with your family, user?

still pissed Bianca doesn't have hwr B2W2 outfit

Trip looks like a midget in this pic

magazine already confirmed to us Cynthia is stronger than any version of Leon...
>Cynthia is referred to be the strongest Dragon-type user
>Cynthia is the strongest all rounder, she prefers to let her opponent’s move first and can adapt to any situation

But we already knew that when Leon used Gmax and still only barely beat lance (the weakest champ)

This literally doesn't answer my question. The writers chose to show them, why?

Yes Cynthia is stronger than Leon maybe but what happened to the narrative that Cynthia IS stronger because she needs NO gimmick? Just curious, because I've seen countless anons actually say that before.

Your actually stupid if you find that much of an issue with cameos, like jesus christ

Attached: image_2022-07-16_230330581.png (1111x627, 559.06K)

>winner of that shitter league
kek no

Just to highlight they still exist in the show, its been over 200+ Eps since we've seen any of those said characters it doesn't to hurt to point out they are still alive and well

Because he's from Sinnoh? They did the same shit with Kanto, Johto, and Kalos when their respective champions battled. Are you a retard?

>some rando standing there
>No Cilan
>not even Cameron
>hell, not even the fucking Eeveefag who the League
What an odd choice

It would make more sense to show them in the Ash battle since they are both more connected to him than this battle, right?

>That Iris trying to use lipstick.
Cute

Looking forward to them

Would Iris let Cynthia molest her tiny brown flat body in a motel room?

they're just trolling, just ignore their msgs it's a salty decrepit irisfag in its negotiation level of grief

How would Alain react if Steven squeezed his butt?

Attached: 20220716_081457.png (380x345, 131.95K)

What does that have to do with Iris?

The problem is Cynthia posters won't acknowledge their inconsistent attitude. Worst is, they'll think the post is bait/shitpost. I'm a Cynthia fan too, but I'd rather enjoy her in private.

Are Frontier Brains at champion/elite four level? I recall there was a short scene in one of the movies where Palmer's milotic is battling against Cynthia's Garchomp. Do you think Pyramid King Brandon is strong enough to be in the masters 8?

>Georgia and Cilan are off fucking somewhere and Luke is recording it so they missed the battle

Lillie sex

You're a fake fan

>Mega Fug
Lol. Talk about massive cope.
She has a Gible. Artist could've drawn a MegaChomp

And now May is dead

When the writers showed the other characters, what regions were they from? Take your time.

Or they can show them watching their champion battle and then watching ash? You’re asking some pretty dumbass questions user

don't show Misty and Serena this

Scott said the Frontier Brains are on the same level as the Elite Four.

Alder went home and hanged himself after realizing he lost to that.

She'll have a cameo when Steven battles!

Yeah I'm pretty sure Ash canonically had sex with May they were totally fuck buddies

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 16.85K)

A real fan is someone who acknowledges the flaws in their character. And at the end of the day I'm a coomer regardless

It’s funny that so many people are just chilling in random Pokémon centers to watch this.

May won the ashbowl?

youtu.be/gHUvO-CR1DM
Play this kino after Ash btfos Steven

Iris used to be so fucking ugly in BW. I really hated the art style.

Attached: AFEE1C3E-5CCD-470D-BC74-09EAFCECE0EC.png (1280x720, 806.04K)

strawpoll.com/polls/NoZrLvNWGn3 I miss good tournament arcs

How hard do you think Georgia came when Iris got btfo?

It was the usual art style

god Trip is such a massive loser

Fucking Pikachu man

Attached: F5E2A4CD-EC39-4D3D-9C23-FE926FD10607.jpg (567x593, 42.93K)

She still is pretty damn ugly desu

last two digits decide Steven audience cameos

1 Wallace
2 Sawyer
3 May
4 his Dad
5 Alain
6 Max
7 nobody
8 his beautiful and pregnant wife (unnamed)
9Hoenn gym leaders
0 Rayquaza

definitely Wallace and his papa

Who are they going to show for Ash though? His mom and Oak are probably guaranteed, but who else? Can't put like 100 cameos right?

Ash is touching dangerously close to her ass

>Strongest Pokemon taken down in 1 hit by the guy shit enough to lose to Iris
God, what an awful rival.

Attached: DP55.jpg (267x150, 8.9K)

>May
lol
lmao

may died in a tragic accident in johto

How would Serena react when she finds out about THIS and the fact that Ash and May share a ribbon together?

poor steven, when he loses his Dad is gonna bully him with pikachu memes for the rest of his life

He has no butt

Probably his companions over the years. Like Mystee

FUCKING KEK!!!!!!!!

If Serena doesn't appear that means the retcon is official.

I'm reading a Pokemon fanfic and Ash's Swellow is a Lesbian in it. How's your day going, /padt/?

HOT babymaking LOVEY-DOVEY sex with LILLIE

Attached: 1658032345364.jpg (1250x3600, 165.53K)

What are the chances that the best girl returns to cheer Ash in one of his battles?

Attached: Legs.jpg (172x293, 9.49K)

>biggest accomplishment is beating the weakest version of Ash
>just to lose to him anyways in a 1v1 in the first round of the League
>loses to his idol by OHKO in the most one sided battle imaginable
>Ash’s bitchy friend ends up beating him instead and becomes Champion
>Ash also becomes a Champion
>have to watch the both of them compete against some of the best trainers in the world on the world’s greatest battling stage
>will never get a chance to redeem yourself

Definitely the worst character in the franchise

Attached: 7EFB63A4-7B2D-4307-BE38-5F56CE9FDB24.jpg (1817x1284, 235.13K)

Pikachu just knows lel

>I don't understand why they felt the need to have Iris there
Because it would be pretty strange to have the Champions of all but one region.

MAY CAMEO WHILE HOLDING HER RIBBON AND WATCHING ASH VS STEVEN ON THE TV CONFIRMED

Damn, girl!

this is so weirdly erotic

I don't love this artist >:(

paul

Attached: 1633476170430.jpg (780x559, 335.87K)

didn't they try to pass him off as an arrogant Gary lite?
Trip's arrogance didn't really work because he didn't have the skills to back up that attitude like Gary did.

This pleases me.

Attached: tomiHACKsu.png (1920x1080, 2.25M)

Cilan didn't show up while Iris was battling so I wouldn't count on it.

>Champion
>Champion
>Champion
>Champion
>Champion
>Lumiose Conference Winner
>Champion
>Champion

BW always felt more like Ash and Iris, Cilan really felt more distant than DP Brock. I cant recall any notable moments between Iris and Cilan.

It’s not like there was any possibility she was going to battle ash again. It was to have all the current champions together.

>Ash
>a Champion
kek. Ultra Copium again from the SMtroons

Attached: 1653805031430.png (1573x957, 1.28M)

>Trip's arrogance didn't really work because he didn't have the skills to back up that attitude like Gary did.
Gary didn't either that was the whole point of his character. He spends the whole Kanto portion of the OS driving around with cheerleaders and acting like hotshit only to do worse than in the Kanto League than Ash.

BURASTO BAAN

How do you think he committed suicide after realizing what a failure he was?

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-07-16-23h41m13s934.png (1920x1080, 1.05M)

Maybe actually watch the anime.

Attached: [Some-Stuffs]_Pocket_Monsters_(2019)_115_(720p)_[A6511D90].mkv_snapshot_05.39.649.jpg (1280x720, 387.41K)

RYU NO HADOU

>Delia
>Oak
>Misty/Brock
>May/Max
>Dawn
>Clemont/Bonnie/Serena
>Alola
>Paul
>Gary

who else will cameo for Ash?

Shouldn't Ash be the Unova champ as well since he beat her earlier?

I don't remember much about the Kanto League (been a loooong time since I've watched that).
But I do remember Gary doing pretty well in the Silver Conference league.

>BURASTO BAAN

Attached: BURASTO BAAN.gif (400x225, 1.83M)

He was supposed to be a Paul ripoff, but Paul was lightning in a bottle. Trip was racist towards Ash for no real reason, and had a superiority complex that was never actually explored. Also like you said, it wasn’t like he had significant skill, in fact he commonly lost to basically every other trainer that wasn’t Ash until he finally lost to Ash.

The writers kind of just gave up on him after a while and replaced him with Stephan and Cameron. The Junior Cup was the first time we had seen him after a long absence and then we didn’t hear from him again until the League, to which he was immediately written off.

>Trip was racist towards Ash for no real reason
Truly the American-inspired Region.

>But I do remember Gary doing pretty well in the Silver Conference league.
Yeah after he got humbled in Kanto and became a more serious trainer and even then it still ends in him quitting battling to pursue research.

Attached: 90B1015B-174B-4DF0-BDBF-0517921234E7.jpg (2231x1284, 417.88K)

>Trip was racist towards Ash
what.... how?
You better not say some stupid shit like Kanto people are a race.

Trip was xenophobic, which kinda made him based in a way. But other than that he was just a Walmart Brand Paul. I liked how the dub had Barry's VA be Trip so it made him even more laughable.

Ash looks kinda mature and handsome here, bros...

> Gary didn't either that was the whole point of his character.
No, you are actually retarded. Gary was always a very skilled trainer, literally every time we saw him.

Attached: 1652575121783.jpg (900x1200, 204.35K)

why tf did they make his eye color so much darker?

Attached: inline-06.jpg (578x327, 66.3K)

Why the subs painted Ash as a boi faggot?

Once he saw Iris lose he probably had Serperior act as a noose

Steven is gay, right?

>No, you are actually retarded. Gary was always a very skilled trainer, literally every time we saw him.
Maybe watch the OS again, he stops running around with cheerleaders and shitting on everyone after losing in the Kanto League and only making Top 32 for a reason.

His Serperior was pretty cool at least, the way it defended itself and dodged moves was neat. He had a lot of nice Unovamons too, he deserved a 3v3 at least.

>Alainfags
Remember your place.

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-07-16-23h49m10s403.png (1920x1080, 1.06M)

you can't be gay in his position, his dad expects him to have kids and continue the legacy.
He's officially straight, however he does fuck men (or little boys) once in a while, simply because he can

Alan himself will cry for Steven lmao

He was humbled by his loss and got top 16 in the Johto league. It's called character development. Retards such as yourself wouldn't understand.

100%
Ash x Dawn

Alan at least looks better than Lance because he's still there watching and didn't immediately leave like a sore loser bitch

Shut up corporate slave. Btw, I heard Oleana wants a sandwich. You better go make it quick, errand boi

That pic you posted was when they still had the excellent XY animators doing the anime.
Then they downgraded to the Sun/Moon and Sword/Shield animation and the characters never looked right ever since.

Apparently you're the retard because that's literally what I was saying. He acted like hot shit in Kanto, didn't have the skills to back it up, got humbled and became a more serious trainer in Johto. Did you even read my posts before you replied to me?

Lance left to commit seppuku.

I like how Ash unintentionally running into Lance when he was clearly just going to see Iris before her battle shows a stronger connection with him than it does with Alan, XYfags stay losing.

idk, ask him

Attached: 1658033621314.jpg (566x800, 185.17K)

He shat on Ash immediately after he won the Battle Frontier.

Remember when Trip said this, just to have his dreams ruined by that same Pikachu? Do you think he has PTSD whenever he sees a Pikachu?

Attached: 3340D543-922E-41FF-B4E9-0B412EC16EAC.jpg (2231x1284, 472.3K)

Perhaps you should go watch OS again. He won 10 gym badges and only lost to Giovanni because of Mewtwo. Gary was always depicted as very competent, but of course you'll just ignore all of that because it doesn't fit your narrative, right?

shitted artist, yeah, but he draws something good once a while

>youtube.com/watch?v=XuOQved2gbA
>youtube.com/watch?v=GtSUQgOzZDg
damn... Ash had frequent casual sex with THAT?

Attached: Pokemon - May (Haruka) Render 5.png (869x1344, 465.92K)

Not racist, but definitely classist. It was actually kind of annoying because the one Pokémon that he actually ever battled from another region ended up completely wrecking him in the end

Attached: 4FD97E33-87D3-4944-888C-66BC9E4286D2.jpg (2211x1284, 257.59K)

it's not gay to kiss your own dad

100% because Pearlshipping (Ash x Dawn) is Atsuhiro Tomioka's & Tomiyasu's favorite shipping

I don't feel like proving you wrong, but just you know different art styles don't equal different animators.

>selfcest
Gross

>voice.pokemon.co.jp/stv/sapporo/2022/07/post-12055.html
BASED
Ash x Dawn

Attached: FXx5zCVaAAAH3KE.jpg (800x600, 91.26K)

Goddamn Irispedos are so pathetic.

Reminder that Alder lost to Iris on purpose because he felt sorry for her. She is a false champion.

youtube.com/watch?v=uKeKuaJ4nlw&ab_channel=Rycluse

I don't think animators can drastically change their artstyle over night.
XY's artstyle looks so radically different from SM's blobby artstyle, you can tell they hired different lead animators to draw the key frames for the Sun/Moon anime.

Attached: 950.jpg (1114x635, 195.63K)

This shit is so funny

What does any of that have to do with him being a skilled trainer? The only times he lost in Kanto was against Mewtwo and the chick in the League.

I dont follow the anime by why wasnt this tournament seeded? Like isn't Leon ranked #1 and Ash #8?

Cynthia won against the weakest champion.

It's *sudoku*, ESL

Probably because they realized they couldn't have both normal seeding AND Ash being the last one to enter the M8 be a plot-point at the same time if they wanted the climactic Ash vs. Leon fight they've obviously been building up to all series to happen in the finals. So they just said "fuck it" and randomized the seed as an in-universe explanation

So they can make the matchups they want to make without following a seed. By that formula Ash would have to face Leon in the first round.

not at all

Attached: 47869435_p6.jpg (700x1257, 526.51K)

Plot convenience.

But she haven't fought Leon, Ash or Lance yet though?

Attached: 1657612701525.gif (498x374, 682.64K)

BASED

Who the hell is Trip?

>wins 10 gym badges
>only ever suffered two losses
>caught 45 Pokémon before Ash even got his third badge
>Professor Oak says Gary is one of the top trainers in the region since setting off on his journey
>defeated Ash immediately after Ash wins the Orange League

>”Gary didn’t have skill”

See

Watch the anime.

based. It sucks being a Cynthiafan like us when others give us a bad rep.

Why are the replies to this excellent work of art so negative?

Could be worse. You could be an Alder enjoyer where the games, anime, and spinoffs all forget he exists. Least your character is ludicrously popular, so will never be irrelevant.

Attached: think.png (328x164, 53.4K)

Because Iris sucks. Shame on her for ruining such good artwork with her existence.

Cinderace still going strong as the JFA ambassador
twitter.com/pokemon_pdc/status/1548519301950230528

Attached: 7u6y534244.png (356x551, 443.77K)

I like how the anime’s been giving the champs their game lines

Attached: A77502F3-A5B7-43CF-92FA-D54487F48292.jpg (1024x768, 111.31K)

>The problem is Cynthia posters won't acknowledge their inconsistent attitude
For example.
>shit on Iris for weeks
>now they're wanking her to make Cynthia's win look impressive
Iris is the ONLY champion who doesn't use regional gimmicks and also the weakest.

Why does Alain have 2 right hands?

Attached: 1642573338517.jpg (720x606, 278.09K)

Lance......

Attached: 5097765764.png (834x750, 1.02M)

He still looks fat

>Iris is the ONLY champion who doesn't use regional gimmicks
That's exactly why she lost. Everyone else was using them.
Iris thought she could show up unarmed to a gun fight and, surprise surprise, got rekt in the first round

Based Rabbit

Pureaze undsrstandu. Smol india anime studio desu

The new costume they made for him this March looks a lot better than what it used to be, but at least it's not like Greninja's outfit which is still fat as hell kek, they should really do a new one for him.

Attached: ShillTrio.jpg (1280x720, 178.88K)

>and they still think Goh is being retired
LMAO

アイリスもドリュウズ、カイリュー、オノノクスもよく頑張った!!!!お疲れ様!!!!!

Attached: FXtC920aUAAXO0j.jpg (1500x984, 178.82K)

For a sec there, I thought this was greninja's massive erection

Attached: bulge.jpg (130x300, 24.53K)

She started emulating Cynthia from then on.

That's one fat frog and yeah that old Cinderace looks derpy lol

They just forgot about her, have we even seen Tracey?

She had an ugly personality.

That's what outsourcing to China does, and mainly corporate greed, it felt like they actually had fun doing XY and lore fagging too, that was nice

Sad how there are no homegrown Alola champions.

lucario is the worst looking one here

>Z-Move in round 1
What are you guys expecting for the semis and finals? Is Ash using Mega Lucario twice?

BW was a huge art style shift at the time. Before BW Ash's eyes were just black and white. Now we know he was brown eyes.

Nothing good.

Gen 9's gimmick.

Pokemon Masters tie in.

Turning into motorcycles?

Ash was kinda retarded though, and he made a really bad impression towards Trip no wonder he seemed "racist" towards him,

Leon is definitely using Gen 9 gimmick and possibly a Gen 9 mon as his "hidden ace"

>3v3 battles
I fucking hate this franchise.

No? Because Tomioka said all three gimmicks are being used. Dragonite, Lucario, and Sirfetch’d were confirmed for the semis. Gmax Gengar is being used for Leon

I'll never get over SM Ash faces.
It got better in JN, but God damn everytime he got angry in SM it looked like he takes a huge dump in the toilet.

Everyone else looked good, why was Ash so much more depicted as a dork with a retarded face?

Strong-style and Agile-style.

>he doesn't know
user... how can you not know about the glowy crystal-like form and type boost gimmick...

Crystal Evolution AKA Mega Evo with extra steps.

Pikachu's shit-eating face is fucking priceless. This also reminds me that the whole Manaphy movie is filled with shiptease of those two. Too bad May is fucking dead for all intents and purposes (beyond next week's cameo).

XYfag cope

This sums up what is happening in Hawaii IRL tho

I would bet the finals are 3 gimmicks before just Gmax Gengar.

Thunder Armor 2.0

Dragonite must be SEETHING over getting embarrassed like that by Milotic. That Dragonite was super insecure.

He would've won if it didn't follow Iris's orders.

It deserved it. Always hated that it was so fucking hostile to everyone for no apparent reason. Fucking cunt.

It speaks to Iris's inexperience as a whole.
But to be fair, she never travelled to Aloha so Z-Rings were a no-no for her, not to mention that all her party pokemon cannot Mega Evolve to begin with. Well, there's Gible but he's still a Gible so...

Attached: Iris_Gible.png (1280x720, 512.84K)

Attached: FX12kJBVsAEkTsn.jpg (1267x1689, 376.72K)

Hello there Dragonite. Still seething huh?

Why didn't she evolve it into Gabite?

That’s only if Leon pulls out Mega Charizard Y against Diantha. Otherwise the finals will be Gmax VS Gmax, which is fine because we’ve rarely gotten any of those all season.

Attached: FXxesK1VsAAZdB7.jpg (900x900, 267.22K)

Bruh, they let you borrow a free Dynamax Band at this tournament. As is custom with any Galar stadium.
She could've dmax'd her Hax to help it tank Megachomp's draco meteor.

His 'boonies' comment immediately springs to mind.

I bet you all several Pokedollars that Trip would have changed his entire outlook and tone had he found out about Ash's past experiences including conquering the BATTLE FRONTIER. Even Paul nearly suffered a stroke when he found out about that.

The fact that he doesn't kinda sucks, but at least there's the satisfaction of knowing that he he's stuck in Unova while Ash and Iris have gone on to achieve bigger things.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 26.19K)

No they don't.

Are dead VAs really that important in japland? Isn't the point of an animated character that they don't die or age?

It was better for Ash that people just thought he was full of shit anyway, he was an awful trainer in BW and having past experiences just makes it look like got dementia or something.

Attached: foreshadowing deniers btfo once again.jpg (1920x1080, 302.53K)

It's Japan, bud. There's a reason why May is the only main Pokegirl to not to have returned since 2008.

Nah. It’s better that he sees it now when Ash is at his best rather than BW when he was at his worst. Drives the point home that BW was some weird dry spell and Ash joining the mile high club with Alexa got his groove back

New comic.

Attached: FXxesK1VsAAZdB7.jpg (680x680, 91.36K)

Yes. Only reason Oak was recast because he’s such a major character. If Rica were to pass away tomorrow this would be Ash’s last season.

Why is everybody so sure of steven jobbing to ash? did the results get leaked or what?
The only acceptable reason why ash would win the tournament is to finally send his ass home and make a proper anime

Read the thread retard

Gee I don't know why don't you watch the anime and see why people think Ash will win

I think the flimsy excuse for Pikachu's reset in BW was that Zekrom absorbed its electricity and made it sick.

>Why is everybody so sure of steven jobbing to ash?
Because heads will roll if Ash loses this tournament.

Steven will have to lose to Ash because it's the plot that demands it.
Funny how the tables have turned; the days when the opposite was true are long finished now.

Attached: weakiest and uglinest champion.jpg (605x450, 52.85K)

That was the excuse. It was a good excuse. The problem is Zekrom didn’t zap Ash, so there’s no reason why he got nerfed too.

Cute Rabbit

Who said anything about Pikachu, Ash was outright retarded in BW. Even OS Ash would be embarrassed by the some of the dumb shit he does and says.

Wtf I love steven now

>Heads will roll
Why? ash is already sitting next to the other pokemon masters, pushing him into defeating the top 3 would leave absolutely 0 room for more in his story, it would be the end.
Losing against steven or cynthia would still leave room for him to show up in the next anime

God. Must be torture to be playing sports outside in a fursuit.
The dude inside must be sweating and burning under the hot sun.

>other pokemon masters
why do people who don't watch the anime always say shit like this

The excuse wasn’t what was bad, it was the fact that ash was still battling like a retard despite that. I just watched the first ash trip full battle where they just used 5 Pokémon, and it was so cringe. Ash begging Trip to battle him, Trip shitting on him every opportunity he got, Trip sweeping Ash’s team with his utilization of his Pokemon’s abilities while Ash is going in with untrained Pokémon and zero strategy. And then everyone acting like Ash is a retard for not knowing the types and abilities of these Pokémon he’s meeting for the very first time. BW was so awful, and that was just episode 10.

>HUR DUR POKEMON MASTER IS AN ABSTRACT TERM
Ok fag what is a pokemon master

Dude fuck off. He’s not losing to anyone except Leon.

Then there's the shit with his Snivy knowing attract and always trying to have it use it on the same gender Pokemon

>they let you borrow a free Dynamax Band at this tournament
Why do retards claim headcanon as fact so adamantly, it's baffling.

Honestly, I would have accepted Ash being off his rocker had Zekrom given him a few volts of electricity; maybe Unova is just the place where where seasoned trainers lose their mojo for no apparent reason.

Now, if he wins vs steven and cynthia and jobs to leon i can see heads rolling in that scenario, literally everybody would be assblasted

Because it'd be anti-climactic as fuck if Ash lost in the first round.
All those 100+ Journeys episodes that Ash went through to arrive here.... Wasted.

It IS an abstract term, it's literally something Ash made up. It has no real meaning. He can't even explain it when Go and Koharu ask.

>his wife is Chloe.
Chloe's VA is gonna file a divorce soon as Alain's VA has humiliated himself at the Masters 8 against Masters 8 Champion Leon. It will be successful and she will marry her rightful husband.

Attached: 1655338479841.jpg (1200x2048, 582.12K)

If Ash uses only Gmax in the finals, he's guaranteed to lose. Good thing this is not happening.

Be honest, anons. If Ash beats Leon and wins the whole thing, will it feel deserved or half-assed?

It's so weird to be the 180 in opinion about the anime the last few years, people were constantly whining about him always losing and no suddenly he's sit to win and people want him to lose. I seriously don't get it.

Based

>fights against Elesa's Emolga
>forgets that female based attracts don't work on the same gender
>Also brought only ONE pokemon to the battle (Palpitoad) and had zero backup plans
That was a very low point, putting it mildly. DP era Ash would never have been this much of a doofus.

Attached: WM62.jpg (928x521, 81.66K)

no, Steven is an alpha not a loser faggot

They sold us the idea of ash becoming the best pokemon trainer, now he is about to achieve that, what is next for him? it is abstract but i don't think they made us believe that a pokemon master means anything more than the best trainer, ash will become a performer? or what?

Snivy did not deserve to be as much of a jobber as she was.

Ash is winning
He will be crowned as literally the world's best trainer
What happens after that is what I'm waiting for.
A) series keeps going but now you have Ash as a character with the freedom of not having to be "better" since he's already the best.
B) Hard reboot back to Kanto or the new region.
C) Character gets retired and becomes a legend. A new story begins with a new character also named Satoshi, also voiced by Rika, also travelling with a Pikachu, also not knowing anything else from his dad other than knowing he was a famous trainer.

Either they will conceive just about anything to keep Ash on as the protagonist, or just plain retire him. It's one of those two.

The chances of him losing to Leon is 0.1%. They aren’t going to miss the chance of animating pic related.

Attached: 4CD2A25A-E2E1-45A9-968F-9A2F4A90F7A0.jpg (1280x720, 100.18K)

They tried to make him OS levels of retard and failed miserably

Denialfags need to be banned

I want ash to use charizard

I will seriously never understand why they decided to do this, what they were even aiming with this. BW is such a mess of a series in so many levels.

This anime franchise has made me very pessimistic over the years. Ash's track record in tournaments is frankly disappointing.

The anime opening of Ash fighting Leon does give me some hope that he'll win, but I still wouldn't rule out Ash losing Leon in the finals. Ash just has a habit of fucking up when it matters most.

>yn realize that the writers might force Leon to beat Ash so as to give him the incentive of travelling to Poke Iberia

>Ash's track record in tournaments is frankly disappointing.
Ash has regularly placed amongst the Top 16/Quarterfinalist and up in nearly every tournament he’s ever competed in.

I just hope Bede finally appears

I assume the user is talking about title victories.
If one counts the Orange League, he's won two league championships out of a possible eight, and the aforementioned Battle Frontier.

That was reserved for Leon because he is the final boss. No way they'd let Steven and Cynthia matches overshadow his. Leon's match with Ash is going to harder than Steven and Cynthia to prove he is the strongest trainer Ash ever faced in this tournament.

Based Masara Town no Satoshi

GOH IS A FUCKING TRANNY
LEON IS A PAKI FAGGOT
LANCE IS A JOBBER
DIANTHA IS A FEMINAZI

Let's be honest, people would rather watch a 6v6 between Ash and Cynthia because it's, you know, Cynthia. Leon doesn't even have 1/16th of her popularity, and the only reason why he's facing Ash is because mug Gen 8.

Does Ash deserve it after years of experience? Sure.
Does Ash deserve to win with a team of fresh meat, including a Lucario that can't possibly be a year old? Well...

I know, but it's not going to happen. Leon is Ash's ultimate challenge in this show.

This. Mega Lucario is being used in the finals.

SM Fag cope your series was dogshit