In European bestiaries and legends...

>In European bestiaries and legends, a basilisk (/ˈbæsJlJsk/ or /ˈbæzJlJsk/[1]) is a legendary reptile reputed to be a serpent king, who can cause death with a single glance. According to the Naturalis Historia of Pliny the Elder, the basilisk of Cyrene is a small snake, "being not more than twelve fingers in length",[2] that is so venomous, it leaves a wide trail of deadly venom in its wake, and its gaze is likewise lethal.
Now that we know Fuecoco evolves into a crocodile with a flame egg in the head, then into the basilisk (child of the snake and rooster), the snake king, how are we feeling, zodiachads?

Attached: file.png (426x180, 85.39K)

I never doubted it for a second.

A true retard's cope

Attached: 1648764535551.png (206x256, 117.22K)

why would it become a chicken snake

The cockatrice and the basilisk always have a cock (rooster) and a snake, lizard or frog involved. Fuecoco2 is leaked to be a crocodile nurturing a fire egg in its had.
Handle.

>The cockatrice was first mentioned in the Bible in Isaiah chapters 11, 14 and 59. It is described in its current form in the late fourteenth century.
>The Oxford English Dictionary gives a derivation from Old French cocatris, from medieval Latin calcatrix, a translation of the Greek ichneumon, meaning tracker. The twelfth century legend was based on a reference in Pliny's Natural History[1] that the ichneumon lay in wait for the crocodile to open its jaws for the trochilus bird to enter and pick its teeth clean.[2] An extended description of the cocatriz by the 15th-century Spanish traveller in Egypt, Pedro Tafur, makes it clear that this refers to the Nile crocodile.[3]
>According to Alexander Neckam's De naturis rerum (ca 1180), the basilisk (basiliscus) was the product of an egg laid by a rooster and incubated by a toad; a snake might be substituted in re-tellings. Cockatrice became seen as synonymous with basilisk when the basiliscus in Bartholomeus Anglicus' De proprietatibus rerum (ca 1260) was translated by John Trevisa as cockatrice (1397).[4] This legend has a possible Egyptian folk root; the eggs of the ibis were regularly destroyed for fear that the venom of the snakes they consumed would cause a hybrid snake-bird to hatch.[5]

>pokespaniards have a crocodile pokemon that turns into a cockatrice/basilisk, the king of snakes
ZODIACBROS WON

Attached: file.png (854x1278, 1.72M)

Leak says the second form has a chicken egg on its head

It’s a crocodile so why would I believe it would change into something based on a snake you dumbfuck?

I was here when this shitstorm kicked off in earnest in pre-Gen 5 hype cycle. It's lovely to be vindicated all these years later.

Attached: 1656993629408.jpg (1720x2048, 177.47K)

>It's a saur so why would I believe it would change into something based on a toad you dumbfuck?

Literally read the thread Cockatrices and basilisks overlap, involve an adult chicken with some kind of reptile and spaniards confused crocodiles with them.

Attached: file.png (1200x1724, 3.19M)

oh boy i can't wait for three years of threads about how the king of snakes doesn't count as a snake

Kek

Basilisks/Cockatrice aren't snakes, nor are they the "king of snakes". They're called "Serpent King" because they have what appears to be a crown and are serpents. If you know your mythology you'd know "Serpent" is an extremely broad categorization for reptilian creatures including fucking dragons, and it's not referring to Serpentes like you're so quick to conflate.

Followed by the 6-10 month crowing about how "zodiac is deconfirmed!" before inevitably reverting to type and arguing why a horse/sheep/ox doesn't count.

This didn't happen though

And yet they went for imagery of the two creatures JUST so happened to be involved with creating a Basilisk. Hmmm.

if you weren't a smoothbrained imbecile you'd know that dragons were often portrayed as limbless or near-limbless in the past and were strongly associated with snakes
also,
>From Middle English serpent, from Old French serpent (“snake, serpent”), from Latin serpēns (“snake”), present active participle of serpere (“to creep, crawl”), from Proto-Indo-European *serp-. In this sense, displaced native Old English nǣdre (“snake, serpent”), whence Modern English adder.

But until we get a peep at that slithery little fuckboi your theory is deconfirmed because this leak season is a train wreck and a crocodile isn't a snake

Serpent literally means snake you fucking retard, even in spanish (serpiente)

Anti Zodiac types are retarded

>Charmander grows into a dragon
>Cyndaquill is a fire mouse acknowledged as rat
>Torchic is a chiken, grows into a rooster
>Chimchar is literally a monkey
>Tepig is just a fucking pig too
>Fennekin is a canid and foxes are traditionally related to dogs in asia
>Litten is a kitty and becomes a big cat... a tiger
>Scorbunny is a bunny, a rabbit
>Fuecoco a lizard that turns into the snake king
Zodiacscholars won hard.

Attached: file.png (640x675, 191.04K)

Basilisk is the snake king

I'm curious if Fuecoco will officially fall under snake or rooster (repeat). We're 9 gens deep so we're eventually going to get repeats, or they'll start dipping into other zodiac signs.

Fun fact, even the kanji for fox 狐 uses the kanji for dog as radical.

It's not a basilisk, it's a crocodile

>user said, as they shit and pissed their pants, crying at their keyboard
>"They can't do this! The zodiac is dead!" They screamed as their mother pounded on the door to shut their dumb ass up and to take their medication

>If you know your mythology you'd know "Serpent" is an extremely broad categorization for reptilian creatures including fucking dragons
The word serpent are primarily associated with snakelike creatures.
>Dragons
The word Dragon comes from greek Drakon, which itself described primarily snakelike creatures.

The rooster part of it is likely going to be its flaming hairdo in the shape of a rooster and the body of the creature will be the tangible part. And we don't know what Fuecoco will look like, just what it is. Could end up a caiman-like thing with stubby, little or no legs, content to use its spiritual powers for locomotion.

Says the person using leaks to celebrate an apparent loss as a victory
I mean we'll see

My hero.
Zodiac chads rise up.

If it's a basilisk, then it isn't a snake. Hmmm.
Hey dipshit, you know the etymology of the fucking word "Dragon" is "Serpent" right? And that you're conflating the mythological usage with the scientific one like I just fucking said not to do because they don't mean the same thing?
If you knew your etymology, you'd know that's simply not true.
>Primarily
That is arguable and the fact that it's not universal means it's not a counterpoint.
>Dragon
I know, and it didn't change my argument because I don't ignore context when it's convenient. As a fun fact, that word is specifically referring to giant fish and sea serpents despite being used as an encompassing term for all dragons.

basilisk is snake king.
Cope

how do you even dress yourself when you're so retarded?

>If you knew your etymology

>I've spent the last 15 minutes on wikipedia, I know etymology better than you ever would!

Guess Charizard the salamander's now a snake and a dragon, following that logic. So does that mean it takes up 2 zodiac slots or does it need to fight Fuecoco to the death to decide?
>I have no way to refute the claims because they're actually true, better call him a retard that'll show him!
You need to be 18 to post here.

>hurrgghhh,....
>druuurrr....,,,,
this is what you sound like, moran

Faggot

Attached: Screenshot_4.png (466x377, 19.29K)

>Now that we know Fuecoco evolves into a crocodile with a flame egg in the head

Or it's a fucking lava bubble going back to the volcano theme of the hair in the first stage? Ya'll try way too hard to avoid the idea that you might have backed the wrong horse.

Attached: Laval.jpg (1920x1080, 298.9K)

You're mindbroken
Zodiac just keeps winning baby

>Still conflating the usages
I know zodiacfags are so stupid they literally can't tell animals apart, but you fuckers are illiterate too? That's so sad, is there like a disability fund I can donate to?

Word usages develop and the popular assosciation with serpent is overwhelmingly "snake or snake-like thing" you can say that's arguable if you want to be a jackass but that would be like a 4th grader saying they meant "cigarette butt" when they said "fag" on the playground
That kid is a bad lier and would get a nasty little timeout just like you deserve

Starter designs are meant to be clear as to what they're trying to do user, due to the fact thhey hng the entire generation on kids picking one of them and seeing the end titles with it in their party. If chink leakers are saying it's an egg, it's gonna look like a fucking egg and not some denialfag reaching cope, because she can't handle being wrong yet again.

>Starter designs are meant to be clear as to what they're trying to do user
You say this and yet people still miss the blatant chakra symbolism in Incineroar. If the Fire/Ghost evo line is to be believed, the bubble would make sense. It would go:

Dormant Volcano > Active Volcano > Extinct Volcano

Especially since the last of those is called a Caldera which is also the Spanish word for pot/cauldron.

Leaker one and leaker two, one called Kaka one called Khu both say it gets a chicken/rooster on its noggin in its final form, it's a fucking egg dweeb.
Sorry you're too autistic to accept the basilisk reference.

Zodiacbros can't stop winning!

>Hey dipshit, you know the etymology of the fucking word "Dragon" is "Serpent" right?
Dragon
>From Middle English dragoun
>borrowed from Old French dragon
>from Latin dracō, dracōnem
>from Ancient Greek δράκων (drákōn, “a serpent of huge size, a python, a dragon”)
>Traditionally related to δέρκομαι (dérkomai, “to see”) with the literal meaning of “one who stares”
Serpent
>From Middle English serpent
>from Old French serpent (“snake, serpent”)
>from Latin serpēns (“snake”)
>present active participle of serpere (“to creep, crawl”)

Attached: 1577731089574.png (708x338, 198.84K)

I don't understand why anyone cares either way. It's a pokemon. You are all acting like americans during presidential elections.

wrong
fuecoco is pastry themed
he's evolving from mere coca catalana to full blown mona de pascua

(forgot pic)

Attached: mona de pascua - SearXNG.jpg (1897x1545, 1.15M)

>has legs
it's not a snake :)