Haxorus.... had a rough transition to 3d

Haxorus.... had a rough transition to 3d

Attached: 1618481927863.jpg (2592x1458, 162.98K)

3D was a mistake

This one isn't even that bad, the pose is just kind of less menacing. There are much worse ones like Hitmontop and Xatu.

i don't get it. it's not squatting anymore? this is what people have been seething about?

his neck in 3D is literally a third of the length that it's supposed to be according to his official art and anime model sheet.

He looks better in 3D even if its less accurate. Those huge hips in the 2D look ridiculous.

>Left has its claws spread out, like it's tensing up and menacing
Right had floppy, lame claws

>Left has yellow armor in a texture that makes you imagine Haxorus as covered in rough scales, even if it's too low-res to actually depict it, it implies it very well
Right looks like his armor is made of shiny plastic

>Left's arms look normal
Right's arms look like they're made of empty toilet paper tubes, with awkward ass elbows.

>Right is standing upright looking poised to attack and way more imtimidating
Left is bobbing up and down in a retarded squat

>Right has menacing dark red eyes. You would not want to encounter this thing in the wild
The sclera in the sprite drops its cool factor to 0.

Arms and elbows look the exact same in both iterations

Attached: lame.gif (200x200, 428.04K)

>retarded squat
No, it's bobbing up and down on its heels, like boxers and MMA fighters do. It'll react more quickly that way and looks more poised to strike.

>menacing dark red eyes
The sprite has red sclera too. The one white pixel is either a part of its pupil or a reflection of light. Either way, it makes Haxorus seem a little more intelligent and human. Iris's ace shouldn't be a mindless engine of destruction.

You still haven't addressed my points.

pokemon in general had a rough transition to 3d. it still looks like utter garbage and will never be as good as sprites again

>Arms and elbows look the exact same in both iterations
No they don't. The shading on the sprite evokes images of rough, textured scales. Not smooth shiny plastic. The sprite's elbows flow and connect to the arms better. The 3d model's elbows look like he's wearing elbow guards. They're more pronounced and prominent.

>has never watched an animated haxorus before, like in the anime
Are you mentally retarded from birth or decided on that during puberty?

Bobbing without weaving your body to the left and the right in the motion is useless. The end result looks like he's trying to force a massive shit out of his ass and finally succeeding.

Rest is whatever. You like the non-canon rough textures, and I like the non-canon dark red eyes. That said, I like the claws better in the sprite.

Jellicent...Had a flawless transition to 3D.

Attached: Jelly.jpg (400x240, 26.96K)

he cute

he looks like a yellow cylinder turd coming out of a horse's asshole in the heat of summer

>implying sprites have ever been good besides Gen. 2

even the ugliest and poorest quality sprites still manage to be better than the best 3d models in the series
3dpd turned out not to be a meme

Fair enough. And I'm sure we can agree that regardless of sprite or 3d model, shiny Haxorus is fucking awesome.

i think you guys might just be autistic

Bruh you're on Any Forums

This.

God I forgot I actually liked this thing as a sprite

The arms are so fucking bad

>legs aren’t a retarded anatomical mess anymore
the model is better

Why are so many people on Any Forums trying to insist that the 2D sprites were better than the 3D models because "The 2D sprites at least had personality!" as if the 3D models had zero animation or personality?

Why doesn't OP using 2D sprite animation and compare it to Haxorus' animation side-by-side if he wants to make an honest debate?

Attached: hax.gif (192x192, 544.69K)

This looks like shit though
The arms are stiff and awkward, and the higher center of gravity makes it look like it should flip over when it lunges forward
That's more a problem with the lunge animation than the stance but its still not great as a whole

2dtards don’t actually play the games, they just look at the showdown gifs and think that’s how the pokemon actually look in-game.

But it's still miles better than this which is terribly animated, especially for the DS era which could totally handle top-of-the-line sprites. The sprite animations in B/W look like someone took one pose, broke it up into After Effects, then twisted it around allowing you to see the pixels break, it's really bad.

I would say it's valid that maybe his arms are a little stiff and tube-like, but the constant narrative of, "WOOF POKEMON TRANSITION TO 3D WAS ROUGH" as if a pixely Pikachu bobbing up and down was somehow the pinnacle of the series visually is just such a blatant lie. I'm almost convinced a lot of people here immediately boot up the games when they buy them and turn the battle animations off and aren't actually aware of some of the cooler moments in the game, they just know "Double Kick hop" from webms posted here.

No that's fair, the transition isn't universally bad and all things about it aren't bad. I tend to prefer the sprites but honestly I think that has more to do with the color saturation. My biggest general criticism of their use of 3d generally is that the colors look washed out
You're right though that the warping on the bw animations can often be insanely bad although I think it mattered a lot less on the smaller screen and subjectively I prefer that to the stiffness I feel from the 3d a lot of the time

I hope that animation isn't supposed to prove your point

You're retarded. Haxorus is one of a few mons alongside Sandslash, Weavile, and especially Blastoise to name a few that has noticably fucked body proportions compared to it's sprite and official art

Shit like Xatu and Hitmontop is a posing issue. Haxorus's actual model geometry is off and needs to be redone.

Most people bitching about models are just mad at posing or the colors, this is one of the few times it's legit warranted.

I for one am mad about Conkeldurr's facial expression
Look at how stern his eyes are. Look at that grimace. Staring DIRECTLY at your Pokemon. Replaced by a vacant smile, it hurts to see

Attached: conkeldurr.png (96x96, 1.08K)

3D it's only necessary if it affects gameplay mechanics (platformers, shooters, racing, etc). things like pokémon never needed 3D

shut up chud, it's called PROGRESS and you aren't going to hold us back from the future

>things like pokémon never needed 3D
Stuff like Amie would not be as possible with 2D. I'm more annoyed of devolution with things like Pokemon Camp.

Attached: Pokemon Image 1.jpg (450x234, 19.87K)

>he