Gym Leaders have to adjust their Pokemon teams to meet the skill of the challenger

>Gym Leaders have to adjust their Pokemon teams to meet the skill of the challenger
Why was this piece of "lore" so celebrated? I hate it. Gym Leaders are supposed to be a challenge for trainers to overcome. They shouldn't be bended their knees to every challenger that works into the door.

The levels in the game are just reflection of the skill level of trainers. Brock's mons are the weakest because Brock is the weakest.

Not that it matters, because it's clearly not canon. You can skip Brawly in Emerald until you have 3 other badges- his team doesnt change. This has never truly been canon in any case other than BW2

Attached: 1656621999401.png (1280x720, 1.02M)

>same text as last time
>same picture as last time

Attached: 28_woodrow_wilson.jpg (1250x1250, 363.86K)

>This has never truly been canon in any case other than BW2
How do you explain gym leader rematches in other games? then

they train and get stronger?
it's literally shown in the emerald rematches that they progressively train and get stronger and keep challenging you, and a lot of the time before a rematch a gym leader says "hey i've gotten stronger let's see how i compare to you now"

So now every kid starting with their low level shitmon now has no choice but to face a full 6 Pokemon team at level 50+ to participate in the league?

>identical to the last one

That kid would be losing if they brought a low levelled shitmon anyway.
Levels don't actually exist in lore either, they're just an abstraction of progress or to make a point (such as Janine having lower levels to show she's new - btw, yet another example that shows gym leaders just use their full team when they fight).

The world of pokemon has a battling culture. It's expected for there to be different levels of difficulty to encourage growth. Think of it like tests in school. You wouldn't give a 5th grader a test on differential equations.

I find it hard to believe the strongest trainer in Violet City only has a Pidgey and a Pidgeotto, specially since he said he inherited his Pokemon from his father. So his father only had 2 low level shitmons?

Imagine being mad at lore that actually makes sense and explains something for once in this shitheap of a franchise's existence.

Most trainers only carry 2 or 3 pokemon on them max, so sure it makes sense

>strongest trainer in violet city uses birds
>because that allows him to have defeated the elder, the other strongest trainer, even if he's not necessarily super powerful
Holy SOUL
johtoCHADS stand with gymCHAD, realteamfags need not apply

So this dude was a gym leader, one of the best trainers around, for years before passing his Pokemon to his son and only had level 7 and level 9 shitmons?

Nah, not all of them do this.
Take the electric gym from Sinnoh.

Levels don't actually exist as anything other than abstractions for player progress
Why are you refusing to engage with that point? It's even shown in the very game you're talking about, how did Blue's Pokemon suddenly drop in level between RBY and GSC?

Even if levels don't exist you can't explain how a man's years worth of battling and training Pokemon only led to a Pidgey and Pidgeotto

I just realized that I don't remember any gyms from Sinnoh. Holy shit, what a grabage region.

Do you think Brock has 100 Onixes in his PC so that he can match any trainer's level?

yes

Naw he only needs like 10 tops.

Because that's just how training...works?
This guy is from Victory Road, canonically has to be one of the most powerful trainers in the region, and yet he has a bunch of unevolved shitmons and one fully evo'd one. Trainers carrying around evolved mons is relatively rare, multiple evolved mons sometimes even rarer. Falkner's dad could also have just been weak by leader standards.
Training is hard, strength is relative, levels are abstract. What may look like a "level 9 shitmon" to us could be much stronger by lore.

Attached: Screenshot_20220716-105155_Chrome.jpg (1080x1036, 166.71K)

>50952085
You're not getting any (You)s

Attached: 1636139517471.png (300x300, 26.29K)

Because it's fucking retarded otherwise

Didn’t know one person could be so retarted

>fucks up and throws out his level 100 Steelix against some kid's level 4 pidgey

No, wait, I think I remember the girl with orange and black hair. She was a grass-type gym leader, right? So you might say that's one.

I'm pretty sure even in the Kanto victory road the majority of Pokemon the Trainers used were fully evolved, or would have required them to trade to evolve.

Literally looking at the Gen 1 list we have:
18 fully evolved Pokemon (for the time, Chansey is on the list)
11 NFE's, two of which are first stage out of three and four of which require trading to evolve (iffy but feels worth pointing out, NPC's have had trade evos before but it might be a consideration that they got the Victory Road solo instead of having assistance).

And then in LGPE which should be considered for being the most up to date media we have
32 fully evolved Pokemon (Onix and Golbat can't evolve in LGPE)
1 NFE (Dragonair)

So yeah clearly VR trainers still have more fully evolved Pokemon than literal stage 1 shitmons. Kind of embarrassing that they still have 11 NFE's in Gen 1 and added more in Gen 3, but they clearly still wanted to show the trainers there were above the average jobbers on routes. Super jobbers.

>be born in sootopolis
>can't fly because no badges
>can't surf or dive because no badges
>only pokemon available are some fish and in a cave you're not allowed to enter
>home of the 8th gym, water type too
ah ggs should have been born elsewhere

Yeah, but that's why I used Victory Road. Every single trainer in Kanto's Victory Road by definition has to be stronger than the Kanto gyms, they're probably going to be way stronger than Faulkner and his dad.
The argument isn't "even VR trainers have evolved Pokemon" it's "even VR trainers have unevolved Pokemon, so a gym leader having unevolved shitmons isn't really surprising".

Bro, there are transport vehicles in the anime.
You don't need Pokemon to do everything for you, just cash.

>retards are actually responding to the same ass bait thread
RETARDSSS

Attached: A1386A22-6046-42E4-87A3-92D904339F37.jpg (1125x1500, 117.22K)

Because what counts as a challenge to an adult and a 10 year old is not the same thing, you orphanage reject. If you have one, consider using your brain before asking retarded questions next time.

Attached: garchomp.png (229x254, 48.89K)