Regional forms

Am I the only one who hates this shit? It feels so lazy, scraping the bottom of the barrel

Attached: regional.jpg (1200x600, 123.23K)

I only liked them when Alola did it. They all look shit since then

This is the only one I really like, Its a cool concept/twist on the character. Exeggutor is ok I guess

Attached: marowak-alolan.jpg (662x1000, 86.66K)

Reminder that the galarian birds are canonically "rfakes" as Khu would say.
They're just birds that happen to look like the kanto birds, and were thus named after them.

>she doesn't like the sadistic cyclops-bird
NGMI

Attached: garticuno_2x.png (730x636, 203.92K)

I don't get why Galarian Moltres wasn't a brand new pokemon altogether.
Its design looks nothing like regular Moltres at all.

Attached: 0952d801dfe2365b37bf4ec3f38e8c1d.jpg (391x292, 18.37K)

It'd be fine if we still had 100+ mons ontop of them instead of acting like regional are new mons

>bird with fire wings and tail
People would complain about it being black moltres

>Picks probably the best 3 in terms of being distinct enough design and lorewise and not just lazy recolors
You could have just used Slowpoke, Diglett or Farfetch'd as better examples

No they wouldn't.
Nobody even calls Ho-oh a moltres clone, despite both of them being fire phoenixes.

nah they're pretty based
It's a good way of avoiding a Gen 5 situation again

>avoiding a Gen 5 situation again
but gen 5 was based

So Rfakes are like convergent evolution.

The dumbest\wierdest thing about Gortres is how it looks more like a "shadow Ho-oh done right" than a revamp of its own OG counterpart's design (outside of the shiny colours being the same as the original ones)

Attached: 14-07-39-146_galar.png (475x475, 169.54K)

Honestly, my biggest gripe is that they feel like a deliberate attempt to one-up their original counterparts. Like you know how Alolan Sandslash has 20 less special attack compared to normal Sandslash to add 10 points to each of its defenses? Or how Alolan Ninetales has 9 less attack compared to normal Ninetales for 9 more speed? Heck, some of it might not have to do with stats. Alolan Marowak actually has a use for the ability Rock Head with Flare Blitz, but what does the original Marowak have? Double Edge.
Even in generation 8, Galar Weezing is the same Pokemon, but it now has a fairy typing which is among the best typings in the game, and what's its drawback? A weakness to steel? In exchange for immunity to dragon, and a resistance to dark types, even more resistance to fighting types, and even more resistance to bugs.

Can't say I agree, there are more regional forms that I like better than or equal to their original variants than there are ones I don't like.

if Bouffalant didn't exist yes
and even then, it was the first gen to replace features with inferior ones. don't really like this

Ho-oh’s wings, tail, and overall design are different from moltres. Plus moltres looks like a naked bird on fire. Galarian moltres looks like moltres with black feathers added. Not that hard to wrap your head around

Attached: 1186CFBF-536A-490E-B02F-C8E84CBAE92F.jpg (777x784, 142.48K)

>the 3 of a pile of shit
Oh wow what an accomplishment!

Regional forms were a mistake. Some Alola ones and Electrode are fine-ish, and Moltres is an improvement in all aspects but I dislike them

>referring to Pokémon as “characters”
Ew wtf

This is retarded user. Most people could tell when looking at G-moltres, “oh hey that’s some kind of dark moltres.” Ho-oh has zero visual similarities

Nah, this user is right.
G. Moltres's beak and face look more similar to Ho-oh than it does to regular Molt.