Playing Heart Gold for the first time

Holy shit the music is awesome. After finishing Black 2 the sound textures (is that the right phrase?) are so nice and different. Just beat Falkner, I love Violet City's theme, like the way it opens with the little drums? Perfect, and then it's followed by a super nice melody. And I especially love this specific rendition of the PokeMart theme, feels jazzier/loungier (not a word probably lol) than other games. I hope the rest of the game is this awesome :))

Attached: lyra.jpg (2500x2500, 371.82K)

addendum: i think lyra's sprite is quite possibly my favourite trainer sprite out of each and every game

Really glad you like it, what starter did you choose? And do you have anything planned for your team?

I usually try to go for gen 2 only mons, simply becayse I can use gen 1 pokemon in almost every gen, so might as well give the gen 2ers a chance.

thank yu :D
call me basic, but i chose cyndaquil. i was thinking totadile, but in my b2 playthrough i chose oshawott, so yknow, variety.
usually id look at some guidance for teambuilding, like future gyms, but im trying to play hg as blind as possible, for a fresher experience than previous playthroughs of different pkmn games. at the moment my team is a mareep, the traded onix (which i may or may not keep, we'll see. i feel most people probably just get him to make the 1st gym a cakewalk. it'd be easy anyway without him because when i play pokemon i always like to be overlevelled), and my quilava :)

what you're experiencing is soul in it's purest form

aye, that i am user x3

scrap that, now a flaafy. so kawaii desu

Yes, and also: depending on tge texture of the ground you walk on, your footsteps sound different every time you walk! Isn't that fucking awesome?!?!?

holy fkn shit like. actually? really? i havent even noticed that wtf

Yes really haha, I always missed that in the other games

thats so cool + checked

Indeed it is.

I'm also playing through it for the first time and love it. It's a little slow after playing the newer gens but it makes up with it with SOUL. I had no idea about the new areas and improved sections so that was nice surprise. Just wish they had changed the encounters to include more johtomons

also the grinding. hot shit is there grinding. not enough xp as there should be for its level gaps

Have you played a Gen 2 game before or are you completely new to the region?

completely new :)

why ask? :3

>when i play pokemon i always like to be overlevelled
back to discord

Attached: 1657976186354.jpg (354x608, 18.62K)

???
i don't quite follow, sorry >:/

Never thought I'd see the see the day Lyra's design was liked but I guess it's somewhat trendy now

She was mostly hated on because Kris was replaced