Which set of type symbols do you like more?

Which set of type symbols do you like more?

Personally I prefer the top group, the bottom group just looks like cheap knockoffs of the originals

Attached: file.png (1334x846, 261.38K)

If you prefer the nameplates over the symbols, which ones are your favorites?

Attached: file.png (1044x679, 471.33K)

RSE is both aesthetic and timeless.
Also why does Ground, Flying, and Dragon in FRLG and Gen 4 have multiple colors?

RSE and XY specifically appeal to me for some reason.

Attached: 1657915512906.png (1334x846, 266.91K)

top, both because they're ingrained in my brain thanks to Go but they also just generally look cleaner and more to the point
gen 7, but gen 3-4 holds a special place in my heart too

I prefer top mostly, but a few like fighting, flying and ice look better on bottom to me.
I like the dppt ones, they're big and readable and I'm blind

I prefer what the tcg used

But also the swsh nameplates are really good actually

Attached: opinions.png (1334x846, 267.75K)

I love the gen 4 little dots on the corners but the varying font size makes rse a close second

I always thought it was weird, especially since they use the colors of other types, and the implications don't really make too much sense
>Ground: Electric+Rock
>Flying: Ice+Normal
>Dragon: Water+Fighting
Poliwrath is the one true dragon, I suppose

Just noticed in FLRG that Steel is two-color too, being Normal+Dark. Weird.

Poison is also two-color in FLRG, being Psychic+Ghost

i think it's making illusion of one color with a shine

Gen4 are pretty neat, but the ideal one for me would be SwSh symbols with the full width background color like BDSP.

Also the text should be left aligned not centered, as a designer that is infuriating to me.

Yeah, though idk how that'd look with the diagonal line. If the symbol's color was squared it'd be easier to do

You wouldn’t have the diagonal line though, it would be one color. To put it another way, the BDSP ones but with the SwSh logos.

Agreed that top looks better, something about the roundness makes them look more unified. Each symbol looks like it takes up a similar amount of space, and each one isn't bogged down by unnecessary detail, like the extra thorax lines in the second bug logo, or the hands on the second ghost logo.

Anywhere from RSE to B2W2, something about the simple pixel box speaks to me on a deep level, although I also quite like the SWSH ones.

oh sorry my b, i forgot you had said full color. I'd be interested to see how that'd look, i feel like centering the words would still be better cause the shorter types like Bug or Ice would have a lot of empty space on the right compared to Dragon or Fighting