I hate crime teams

Has anybody in history ever actually enjoyed this shit? Every single goddamned game it's nothing more than plowing through the same 6 pokemon repeated a hundred times, and it's consistently the most dull part of the game.
>oh boy another golbat!
>fuck yeah this guy has a croagunk and glameow just like the last 4 grunts!
>wowie a trainer 7 badges in with a single poochyena!
>uh oh, the big bad admin has the final forms of all these pokemon!

How is this shit fun?

Attached: 1487775551814.jpg (730x583, 33.58K)

It's not
But as a kid I imagined more than the game was showing
the games are all too repetitive

Yep. The part in gen 2 where you have to invade TR’s base is easily the most boring part of the game and it feels like a massive chore each time I do it.

I wouldn't even mind it if they had some team variety.
I'm in the middle of a Y replay and god damn, what is the point of this shit? Team Flare does a bunch of shit that has no relevance to the weapon at all, and what does a team named after fire use?

>golbat
>liepard
>houndoom (wow a fire type)
>croagunk
>mightyena
>swalot

6 pokemon, across like 7-8 grunts all in a featureless hallway at the power plant.

i think i counted once and it's something like 40-45 grunts either in Goldenrod alone, or in goldenrod/mahogany put together.

adding onto this they're hunting for fossils for no reason at all. you could say money but they dropped 5 million pokebucks to join team flare and the fossils sell for 500. They raid the pokeball factory, but it has zero bearing on them actually going for their weapon. There's no point to any of it.

it's hard to believe they are even a threat
It's like no one competent does anything because they know some kid can beat them anyways

exactly, there's never any threat, they almost never do anything of any real impact in games. Team Galactic bombed a lake after you just let him enter the lake area because "lol people are filming i guess i'll just let the guy with the bomb go"
Neo Plasma at least does something that affects a city past there merely being a few grunts here and there.

i liked the aether assault arc in SM because it bucked the trend of every grunt having the same 5 pokemon.
there's something like 15 fights from the moment you arrive to the lusamine battle, and out of all of them the only repeated pokemon is faba's hypno as you fight him twice.

I like team Galatic's arc...

Team Galactic Grunts were lame, but I will never forget the hike up Spear Pillar.

Attached: 1656084050291.jpg (4096x2706, 1.1M)

To me it was just another venture into one of sinnoh's samey looking caves, only now you can't repel past the Golbatspam

I'll say this much, Team Skull's as close as it gets to a good crime team. None of this "let's revive an overdesigned mess of a pokemon" garbage, just some hoodlums with a cool dude as the leader.

That sounds lame but them worshiping some legend was getting old

Also what is up with the crime team's plans in general?
>gonna give daddy giovanni a shoutout on the radio
>gonna throw rocket fuel into a volcano because maxie got pissy over groudon bailing on him
>pic related

The game doesn't even try to hide the fact he's evil. It'd almost be funny if the game didn't pretend like he wasn't for most of the game, which makes me wonder why they even bother.

Attached: flawless logic.png (750x916, 1.67M)

>legitimate threat to the peace
>have multiple headquarters all over the region, its such a shithole no one can even do anything about it
>every peon has a unique team and name
>fantastic theme in both games they appear in
>admirals are actually difficult to fight, especially if youre trying to snag em all
>leaders are legitimately terrifying, greevil has four fucking legendaries on his team
>has miror b
>even snagem is based as fuck, even if theyre moe so goons than anything else
No others even come close.

Attached: 1632257716796.png (1280x1022, 660.43K)

Evil teams have been shit since Flare.
Flare was irrelevant.
Skull had a good idea, but they were fucking pushovers, Aether was eh.
Yell would be the worst shit ever if it wasn't for Macro-cosmos or whatever the fuck Mohammed Bin Salman's company was called in SwSh.

Attached: 628515-1937200210-1502971028.jpg (1000x713, 63.6K)

>play gen 1 romhack
>team rocket shows up at the museum, earlier than mt moon, trying to steal fossils
>brock is battling them on the 2nd floor
>grunts using zubat, koffing and ekans as usual
>jesse and james duo is the boss, using weezing and arbok, and meowth
>get destroyed

Team Magma had a good point though, more land benefits everyone.

Holyshit XY is retarded beyond redemption

whats with the sex robot?

so Aether was good, gotcha. I'd have liked it if they were more spread throughout the game though.

Keep in mind i didn't omit anything, these lines are back to back.

They're the biggest threat out of all the teams sure but holy shit citadark in Gale is a slog to end all slogs. Roughly a third of the game's shadows are in that one area alone, and once you get to the admins, fights turn into a war of attrition with you chucking Timer Ball after Timer Ball. This is why i like Colosseum more.