Gyms in any order

>gyms in any order
>they don't scale

did they really learn nothing after johto?

Attached: pp.png (628x561, 230.16K)

They learned that Johto is the best region so they're copying

You guys have been screaming into the void for open world Pokemon and only now you're finally realizing it's going to be hilariously broken and exploitable?

level scaling is bad and sovlless

>botw
>no one complains about the enemies not scaling
>xenoblade chronicles 2
>no complains about the enemies not scaling
>elden ring
>no one complains about the enemies not scaling
>pokemon
>"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH WHAT DO YOU MEAN GAME FREAK DID AN EXTREMELY STANDARD THING THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF OPEN WORLD PROGRESSION THEY'RE RETARDED AND LAZY!!!"

forced exp share 2.0

RBY/FRLG have gyms that can be done out of order too right? Aside from Brock (ignoring glitches), Misty and Gio, and Blaine has to be after Koga, but otherwise its free reign right?

yes everything after the 2nd gym and before the 8th gym is free with the only restriction being that you need to do koga's gym before you can do blaine's gym

There is nothing to learn. Johto was perfect.

>>botw
>>no one complains about the enemies not scaling
Except they did, enemies got stronger thr more Bokos and Mobs you kill. You'd know that if you actually played BOTW, let alone any of these games.

gen 5 was hilariously broken and exploitable despite being linear as fuck so I'll still take the open world

Attached: 1627669918193.jpg (2976x2351, 2.44M)

???
I mean, those are very different games, and very different contexts. In BOTW enemies do scale, and in other cases as you progress through the game, they put you in areas that would be around your level. I'd get what you're saying if in BOTW you could go back to one area and see Red Bokoblins while in another they're Silver or whatever, but that just isn't the case? Each Gym should be a challenge, and it's not hard to just give Trainers teams based off of the Player's badge level, unless you're lazy.

woah I can fight lynels and ganon without dying in one hit if I fight them at the beginning of the game?

based, fuck Unova

Becuase its only bad when JOETOE does it, becuase GENTOO BAD PLZE LIKE AND SUBSCROBE

play Elden Ring and you will understand that less scaling = more kino

Elden Ring is an action game, pokemon is turn based and easily exploitable. There'll be no challenge.

Run straight for the highest level gym if you want a challenge.

you have to be trolling right? besides elden ring is absolute garbage.

playing the gyms out of order means fighting things much stronger than your team

Level scaling is a retarded mechanic, anyway.
Players that want to break sequence should actually be challenged - you skip portion of the game, and thus valuable resources (exp, cash, items) that are obtainable there and thus difficulty ramps up.
It's really apparent surprisingly in Kanto where you can just skip Lt.Surge and Erika - you lose chunk of experience and suddenly you cannot steamroll Koga and Sabrina. And both Koga and Sabrina gatekeep some juicy rewards - Surf for Koga and Silph Co. (which leads to Lapras) for Sabrina. And that opens pretty much entire game much earlier.

>did they really learn nothing after johto?
user, all of the people who worked in Pokémon Gold and Silver are already dead

When was this confirmed?

Then when you beat that gym the rest of the game is piss easy.

>>gyms in any order
>>they don't scale
Where did we learn this from? Khu or Kaka

you aren't going to get enough XP from the top gym to go from level 5 to level 50

Khakha

>he doesnt know about the lynel in the great plateau in hard mode
lol, lmao even

But if you can beat the hardest gym, then the rest of the game won't be a challenge since you've already learned the tricks to beating an opponent 40 levels above you.

as opposed to the entire game being piss easy? I fail to see the problem.

The problem is Pokemon is shit and will never be difficult. One singular hard fight doesn't make up for 90% of the game being easy.