Are reviewers scared of ever giving Pokémon scores bellow 8 after the "7.8 too much water" fiasco...

Are reviewers scared of ever giving Pokémon scores bellow 8 after the "7.8 too much water" fiasco? (which btw it's a reasonable score and a totally valid complaint)

Attached: Pokemon-Sword-and-Shield-Review-IGN.png (1337x335, 334.33K)

Swoshi only got 80/100

That's a 60/100 without the Nintendo bonus

No, they just have gamergirls review them

>they just have gamergirls review them
user....

Attached: Pokémon-Alpha-Sapphire-and-Omega-Ruby-Review-IGN.png (1365x459, 409.31K)

What if SwSh is actually good?

What if 80 is a mediocre score for all journalist reviews and there more than 70 Switch games with better scores released on that same year alone

The reality is that SwSh is a decent game that just falls short of the standards set by past games in this series.
The worst pokemon game is still pretty good.

It’s a 6/10, but only because it has a few factors carrying it despite some heavy flaws. You can get your standard Pokémon experience fine from it, but it’s still lacking.

Well, yeah. I said it was decent, not good.
But an 8/10 from IGN is like a 6/10 on a real scale.

8 is like a 5 for gaming reviewers. 10s are more like 7-8s

That doesn't makes it deserving of a 9/10

Attached: EaBU9l-X0AMtzIj.jpg (602x618, 46.77K)

80 DAYS
AI: The Somnium Files
Alien: Isolation
Ape Out
Assault Android Cactus+
Astral Chain
Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout
Baba Is You
Blaster Master Zero II
BlazBlue: Central Fiction - Special Edition
BoxBoy! + BoxGirl!
Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - Special Episode
Castlevania Anniversary Collection
Children of Morta
Collection of Mana
Contra Anniversary Collection
Crash Team Racing: Nitro-Fueled
Cuphead
Cytus Alpha
Disgaea 4 Complete+
Divinity: Original Sin II - Definitive Edition
Downwell
Dragon Quest Builders 2
Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition
Duck Game
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy X / X-2 HD Remaster
Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Gunvolt Chronicles: Luminous Avenger iX
Hotline Miami Collection
Katana ZERO
Killer Queen Black
Luigi's Mansion 3
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
OlliOlli: Switch Stance
Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy
Pillars of Eternity: Complete Edition
Resident Evil 4
Reventure
Ring Fit Adventure
Sayonara Wild Hearts
Sega Ages: OutRun
Sega Ages: Virtua Racing
Shovel Knight: King of Cards
Slay the Spire
Songbird Symphony
Star Wars Pinball
SteamWorld Quest: Hand of Gilgamech
Steins;Gate Elite
Super Mario Maker 2
Swords & Soldiers II: Shawarmageddon
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition
Tangle Tower
Terraria
Tetris 99
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
The Red Strings Club
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition
Timespinner
Torchlight II
Unravel Two
Untitled Goose Game
VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action
Vectronom
Wargroove
What Remains of Edith Finch
Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair

See and

Sword and Shield are good, it's just that autists are crying because of how they used to play Pokemon.

The newer releases don't align with their mentality that you play Pokemon for 400 hours and grind endgame content to no end, with no consideration for story, world building or battle mechanics.

The problem with the fanbase currently is that they're not well versed in JRPG or Pokemon games. What they are is they played Emerald and Platinum for way too many hours when they were young and that's it.

Everyone knows that the changes brought in by Black/White and Sun/Moon are for the better, but the 'fans' won't have it out of their preconceived notions and holdovers from Platinum and Emerald.

"Too much water" was a valid complaint phrased in the most retarded way possible.
If they'd said "too many water routes/Pokemon", I think people wouldn't have rightfully mocked them.

reviewers rate popular series favourably so they're not blacklisted from reviewing the next games which is why you see a lot of
>this is unplayable shit... 8.5/10

The too much water cunt was an anti bbnder who is now working in localization.

I have played well over 100 JRPGs and no, SwSh isn't a good game. Playing more JRPGs won't change that. Having a full natdex won't change that. It is a hollow, shallow mess of a game that leaves the player with no reason to play. It can be cleared by a rank amature on the first play through in under 8 hours.

The game also has absolutely garbage world building with a shit ass story that doesn't work. Please die for me shill.

>story, world building
this game has terrible story and world building,
both in terms of structuret
the big threat is running out of power a millennium from now but has to be addressed today
the villains for the second half of the game come out of no where
that time hop and bede go fight and you can't walk over with them and watch you just get to be told how the fight was
the entire restaurant scene is laughable, napkins still folded on plates no sitting animations
hop wants to help wild pokemon so becomes a professor and not a ranger
get told exciting stuff is happening off screen but to just go concentrate on badges
>they're not well versed in JRPG
this game is baby's first JRPG in terms of difficulty, it's longest dungon is probably that stupid cave with an npc at the start and end incase you get hurt
the final boss pretty much plays itself, the npc's will carry the fight for you
I caught the dumb dragon in a love ball because it was clear that the game just wanted to give you a broken pokemon incase you were to dumb to be able to take one leon's non monotype team without one, game heals you between every fight who cares about resource management

also fuck how lazy the weather is, victory road goes from snow to sunny temperate with no transition, one step is tundra the next beautiful it just looks dumb and lazy, not to mention that big area where you can look ahead see clear skies, take a step and wow middle of snow storm, step back clear again

probably one of the worst games ive ever played, and certainly one of the laziest

>The newer releases don't align with their mentality that you play Pokemon for 400 hours and grind endgame content to no end, with no consideration for story, world building or battle mechanics.

>you play Pokemon for 400 hours and grind endgame content to no end
>with no consideration for story
>world building or battle mechanics
What are you talking about? Sword and Shield are the perfect games for the people you describe; there's no narrative, no build up for its climax or background for its characters, the gimmick goes under-utilized in the campaign and everything there's to do after beating the 16-hour campaign is nothing but grinding for hours in the Wild Area for shinies

No surpise these games are the best-selling in 20 years then

Attached: 1402997443532.jpg (480x432, 38.77K)

Sw/Sh for me its 5/10 in game scale, 6/10 for Pokemon game. WHich is quite weak.

fpbp

>Sword and Shield are good
They are just boring. The main game is 40h and then you had nopthing interesting to do besides your ususall stuff. Raids are borefest. You cant even trade and interact with people because you need to pay for online, DLC was good and fun, besides dynamax adventures, but DLC needed to be free because basic game was so bad.

>The main game is 40h
How did it take you 40 hours? Going slow I cleared the main game in under 10. And I mean slow. I shit around town talking to everyone and I did a ton of dens. I can see the DLC adding maybe 3-4 hours but the DLC is not the main game.