So Misty is white and Ash is Japanese, right?

So Misty is white and Ash is Japanese, right?

Attached: Ash Misty.jpg (667x623, 111.61K)

Satoshi and Kasumi are both Japanese.

Attached: unknown-93.png (836x489, 32.04K)

I would fuck both and you're volcel if you wouldn't

Dude just spent, what? A few months at this point in anime in Alola? You don't think he'd get a bit of a tan?

Anime is too simple of an art style in terms of facial features to determine race.
You have to also factor in clothing and their name as well as physical characteristics to get a better idea.
Misty and Ash are not the real names, just a fake version american networks chose. Their real names are japanese. Misty has red hair and very pale skin, which would normally point clearly to white.
But given her name and the fact that hair dye is pretty easy to come by you could say its a tossup. BUT then you also have characters like Iris or Nessa which are 100% not supposed to be east asian who also in the original japanese have japanese names. So thats clearly not a dead giveaway either. All that being said Misty leans closer to being white than she does asian, but you could argue both was.
Ash is 100% meant to be japanese though, inarguably.
Are there any characters that are definitely supposed to be white besides Lt. Surge?
Tobias? Lance?

Ash is Mexican and will always be Mexican and they killed Takeshi Shudo for trying to reveal this

They are cartoons.

My headcannon they are both white and brock is Japanese, dont care otherwise about the "truth" Kantonians mostly look white and even ones that maybe Asian like Erica look white.

You gonna tell me Naruto is Asian also? Nah, headcannon wins again

Attached: 1640896855240.jpg (125x121, 2.24K)

Charizard is also white btw

this is objectively the best way to look at it
any live action version would just be an alternate version interpreted by a different artistic team.
They're cartoons, they can be whatever you want them to be.

>Anime is too simple of an art style in terms of facial features to determine race
This, sure there are exceptions like Lt. Surge, Fantina, Erika, Kabu, Diantha, Cynthia and her great grandpa, Leonora, Rose, etc... because of their stereotypical looks and mannerisms but most humans in pokeworld are just featureless anime characters so arguing their race is pretty stupid.

I mean, just take a look at this smug girl and tell me what's her race?

Attached: 1655489630326.jpg (435x575, 131.79K)

XY Ash turned him hispanic

Attached: misty va.png (837x402, 385.35K)

>thin veiled Any Forums thread
Japan doesn't exist in the Pokemon world.

jesus the asian bitch looks fucked

Ash looks like a Spic

Yes it does. Masuda said as much. Kanto is literally meant to be Japan's Kanto.

The same way Iris is also Japanese
The only difference is that 5th gen was a soft reboot of first gen, and as in any actual revoot, they needed to change the ginger for a dislexic ginger

Fantina/Melissa?

They're both Asian, Ash is just designed for young Japanese boys to easily self insert as. Pokemon doesn't stick to reality like some anime that give every dark hair, but gives fantastical colors.

The fact we have characters with blue, green, pink, and the entire rainbow of colors should indicate Misty happening to have red hair does not single her out as white.