How Do Tm's Work

A tm is just a disk storing elemental energy. When it touches a compatible pokemon it will release this energy and break the disk. Later Tm's were developed that don't break and are quickly rechargeable.

>why colored
The color represents the elemental energy stored inside

>why disk
Metals are good conductors which can be charged quickly. If kept in a insulative Tm Case they can keep their power indefinately. Additionally disks are thin, and easy to distribute compared to gen 1s collars.

>what are Hm's?
Hm's use the same process as modern Tm's of not breaking from use. This was very expensive technology, but has since become common place on all Tm's leading to the Hm's eventual disapearance.

>what are TR's?
Tr's are a nostalgic new product marketed as an alternative to Tm's. They have more obscure or expensive/hard to produce moves.

Please stop with the tm meme. IRL we can charge disks with energy already. This shit is canon as seen in books, anime, and FRLG

Attached: BC0FBA33-7508-403E-9BC7-2935D6CA6F21.gif (240x160, 5.86K)

Did you invent TM's? No? The shut the fck up before I call John Tee'Em to sue your ass for impersonation

TMs break in BDSP

Bdsp is pre black and white, so that proves it.

They are CDs
You play them and it teaches Pokemon the moves

You can't use one remake timeline and not the other

Cds aren't colored. Theory disproven

I used to think pokeballs turned pokemon to data and that's how you used those disks
But pokemon just shrink, you need a pc for them to become data

Nigga it was just the cover.
And CD is colored.

I thought it was a CD you put into the Pokedex and a video plays, teaching the Pokemon the move.

It breaks because it's a video game.

Play the games retards

They're DVD's that play instructional videos for your Pokemon.
They break upon use by design because the Poke-Japan (Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh) TM companies want you to have to keep buying their product.
TM's from other countries started making them infinite use, and the Japanese ones had to change theirs to keep up. Hence infinite TM's in ORAS.
Galar makes unbreakable TM's and breakable TM's (which they call TR's and insist are different).

>Cds aren't colored.
t. retarded zoomer who never had black or blue PS1 games.
stfu you mongoloid

Attached: psone_disk.jpg (800x598, 101.19K)

This is just my headcanon, I always liked the idea that you put the TM into the Teachy TV and your mon watches an instructional video. Of course, you only get the TV in FRLG, so I know I'm wrong

What move does this one teach?

I always imagined it as that, glad I’m not the only one

But they don't break in LGPE, which is supposed to take 3 years before (HGSS is confirmed to take place around the same time as DP/Pt, and therefore BDSP.) Or even ORAS which is supposed to take place before (Gen 3 takes place around the same time as Gen 1.)

See so stop the autism.

when i first played yellow as a child i thought pokemon learned moves from battling other pokemon that new them because garys eevee uses tail whip against you in the first battle and then pikachu immediately learns it from leveling up after you win. i was so confused when i couldnt get my guys to learn any other moves this way

Here's how it actually works:
>take out TM
>take out Pokédex
>pop the TM on the Pokédex like an Amiibo
>the Pokédex uses the info stored on the TM
>scan your Pokémon
>Pokédex shows you which moves your Pokémon has
>select the one you want to overwrite
>Pokédex lets out a pulse/wave and your Pokémon learns the move

Here's how it REALLY works.

1. Put the CD in your walkman.
2. Put the headphones on the pokemon.
3. Press play.
4. Walk around with your pokemon until it hatches.
5. Take out the batteries of the walkman.
6. Have an electric pokemon recharge the batteries.
7. Put the batteries in your anus.
8 Have a bug pokemon dig them out.
9. Drink a glass of water made by a Water pokemon.
10. Take the headphones of your pokemon and shit out a watery poo in its face.
11. Call Game Freak on your Pokegear
12. Have sex and touch grass

like pucci's discs

Attached: EJkr9P_U8AA3p18.jpg (754x460, 109.88K)